otto's brauhaus closing

While special events and picturesque outdoor dining are the highlights of Ottos Brauhaus, the stellar menu is what continues to bring in the crowds. The prices on this website are for informational purposes only. He points to the lamb and goat cheese salad as one of the most popular. Ok, a manager would know the menu, what the vegetable of the day is, and wouldn't being apps out with entrees. The days special, the German Trio, overflowed the plate and allowed me to taste chicken Jaeger, leberkase (veal loaf) and orange glazed overcooked ham steak, with red cabbage. We will truly miss the entire community! This time Idon't know. show Address Horsham, PA 19044, 233 Easton Rd Leaflet | MapTiler OpenStreetMap contributors Working hours Other than their selection of German beers on draft, not much to attract a revisit.More, Excellent food huge portions good service definitely recommend it will definitely go back veal is delicious, Went here with friends for a Holiday get together. Distance: $$$ - Expensive ($25-$50) The staff was very friendly and courteous. And even the salads were wrong. 0.06 miles, Friendly's Ice Cream Shop ($) No bother having to figure out what each person ordered or having to figure out tax and tipping. The other desserts were average. Not much of a "beer garden" per se. It was an honor serving the Horsham community for so long. Of course, I ordered a bottle of St. Pauli Girl beer and a chilled glass, while my LDC (Lovely Dining Companion) had a Miller Lite. Otto's Brauhaus at 233 Easton Rd, Horsham, PA 19044. One of our party order the pork loin and subsequently suffered a night of visiting the bathroom many times and missing work the following day. Each item was extraordinary and the service was attentive. The spaetzle was a pleasant surprise and the gravy on the side topped it perfectly. The menu, the chefs, the longtime hostessUrsulathe serving staff and the restaurants interior are largely intact, thereby holding on to Ottos large, longtime following. The French onion soup was great just way tomuch cheese. Meats were so dry they were impossible to cut. With 24 varieties on tap, it is also one of the largest. Every Friday, Ottos will offer a themed dinner complete with music. We started with homemade rolls that were dry, the potato pancakes appetizer was bland, the Sauerbraten was good and so were most sides, the Schnitzel was a bit thick and not as crispy as other times. At one previous early evening visit, we sat inside. OttosBrauhausPA.com, Sharon A. Shaw is a freelance writing living in Doylestown, Enjoy summer dining and entertainment in their beer garden. She was able to substitute mozzarella for the goat cheese. Had Schnitzel ala Holstein, Creamed Spinach, Rotkraut, Spaetzle, Creme of turkey soup, Double chocolate cake. Tagged Friends. American, Sandwiches, Burgers, Ice Cream, Desserts Sides were forgotten. The staff bends over backwards for our requests including individual bills with gratuity included. ", "Awesome pub atmosphere. Food was not as it was years ago. It seemed a bit strange as she bragged about all the food they had. The best hidden gems and little known destinations - straight to your inbox. The portions were large, but two of the three sausages tasted very bland. Otto's Brauhaus - CLOSED Unclaimed Review Save Share 296 reviews $$ - $$$ German Bar European 233 Easton Rd, Horsham, PA 19044-3132 +1 215-675-1864 Website See all (36) Get food delivered Order online Ratings and reviews RATINGS Food Service Value Atmosphere Details PRICE RANGE $30 - $30 CUISINES German, European, Bar Meals He joined fellow restaurateur Chris Balis to offer superb quality to every guest at Ottos Brauhaus. So when the kids found out that close to our place to stay was a German restaurant they desperately wanted to go. Distance: Dinner arrived ice cold. Doyou feel like drinking arefresher? The ambiance isassumed tobe relevant for this. Needless to say, I will not be going to Otto's any more! Almost all the German Specialties are on the buffet along with soup, salad, and dessert. The food quality is well below par, and the service pretty much follows suit. Not acceptable ever in any universe. The service was average at best. The staff was very friendly and courteous. Celebrating the great Aunts 97th birthday on St Pats Day at a German Restaurantwill have a Guinness later, Mike W is drinking an Oktoberfest Mrzen / Original Mnchner Mrzen by Paulaner Brauerei at Ottos Brauhaus, Mike W is drinking a Kstritzer Schwarzbier by Kstritzer Schwarzbierbrauerei at Ottos Brauhaus, William M is drinking a Kstritzer Schwarzbier by Kstritzer Schwarzbierbrauerei at Ottos Brauhaus, David Rose is drinking a Dunkel by Warsteiner at Ottos Brauhaus, Scott A is drinking a Spaten Oktoberfestbier by Spaten-Franziskaner-Lwenbru-Gruppe at Ottos Brauhaus, Zacharie Sellet is drinking a Spaten Oktoberfestbier by Spaten-Franziskaner-Lwenbru-Gruppe at Ottos Brauhaus. When the waitress tallied the bill I was advised by the waitress that regular beverages (ice tea & soda $5.00 a piece). Le Meteor: Modernes Brauhaus mit viel Verbesserungspotential in der Hygiene der Kche - See 266 traveller reviews, 170 candid photos, and great deals for Strasbourg, France, at Tripadvisor. Hi everyone! The side dishes of classic German potato salad and creamed spinach were on target. The one star isfor the choice ofGerman beers ontap. My friends didn't love their food, either. Was worried about coming here, after calling them and getting ageneric answering machine. 2 People Planned Killing Of Beloved Montco Mother, Teacher: DA, Montco Man Punches Cop, Tries To Steal Firearm, Gets Shot: DA, Theft Suspect Leaps From 2nd Floor In Willow Grove Park Mall, Know Your Options: Special Needs Trusts and Planning. Good beer selection. This restaurants is in my top 2 all Visit Website Or call (215) 675-1864 for more information. Join the conversation in the comments! Matt Mc is drinking a Dunkel by Warsteiner at Ottos Brauhaus, Shannon J is drinking a Hofbru Dunkel / Dunkel Gold by Staatliches Hofbruhaus Mnchen at Ottos Brauhaus, Shannon J is drinking a Kstritzer Schwarzbier by Kstritzer Schwarzbierbrauerei at Ottos Brauhaus, Jeremy Herman is drinking a Premium Pilsener / German Pilsener by Warsteiner at Ottos Brauhaus, Scott Smith is drinking a Dunkel by Warsteiner at Ottos Brauhaus, Bradlee Beats is drinking an Oktoberfest Mrzen (2021) by Paulaner Brauerei at Ottos Brauhaus, Breakfast beer with Pops and the family. Whether youre a long-time fan of authentic German cuisine or you want to try it for the first time, dig in to a hearty meal at Ottos Brauhaus in Pennsylvania. Beer is incredible, ordered the Schnitzel and sausage. I got the schnitzel sandwich andGerman potato salad. The red cabbage and sauerkraut were very good. The setting sun provided a warm glow. I will be contacting the owner and leaving reviews on all online platforms.More, This place has gone steadily downhill over the years. My last trip here was about a couple years ago. Want to feature your creature? Beds were kinds hard and pillows too soft but a steal at under $50 a night! Get Otto's Brauhaus can be contacted at (215) 675-1864. If you want good German food, stop bybefore they close for good. There I ordered the sausage sampler with spaetzle and my son had a bacon cheeseburger. Food does so much more than just fill us up. Otto's Brauhaus islocated atHorsham, PA19044, 233EastonRd. 0.18 miles, Main Street Pizzeria and Grille ($) For delicious and authentic traditional American and German fare, look no further than Otto's. 233 Easton Rd, Horsham, PA, US 19044-3132 The food was okay. We can not wait until the day we can reopen and serve our wonderful community again! Everything from the coleslaw to the potatoe pancakes was incredible and made with love. Want to post on Patch? I dont know how this place stays in business. We also ordered appetizers which he brought out all at once with our food. Somewhat pricey considering the overall experience. Most disappointing was the German potato salad which tasted like canned potatoes with plain vinegar sauce. Weve been serving great for food for 80 years. Average rating - 3.8 based on 75 reviews and 307 ratings, Horsham, PA 19044, PA-611, 168 Easton Road, Willow Grove, PA 19090, 2343-2399 Computer Ave, Willow Grove, PA 19090, 2305 Computer Ave. The Dined there on 2 consecutive nights. I pay attention to the quality. The portions are huge. Cannot wait to go back again, 233 Easton Rd, Horsham, PA 19044 Thankfully, at our request, the overly high decibels were turned way down, and our conversation could resume. Otto's Brauhaus in Horsham, PA. 3.4 with 8 ratings, reviews and opinions. Ottos menu also offers made-to-order crepes with delicious fillings. It's not dirty just alittle worn down. With the warmer weather comes the opening of Ottos beer garden, a beautiful partially covered outdoor space. So I called the restaurant asking for the manager, but it was this same server and when I mentioned how he called me a fcking btch under his breath, he replied " It wasn't under my breath" and hung up on me. And then salads were delivered. We hope everyone stays safe! Just could use alittle polishing. Is this your restaurant? Somewhat pricey considering the overall experience. Otto's Brauhaus is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travelers: Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information. The dinner menu includes similar light offerings along with a wide selection of appetizers, fresh seafood and aged steaks. Have been there probably 150 times, but only at the bar, never the restaurant. Register for a user account. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Parking is a little dicey, but it's worth the hassle. more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. Snapper soup and french onion was the best ive ever tried. There are no less than 15 German brews on draft, and 20 more German brands are available in bottles, including four varieties of rare (read: expensive) Ayingers, plus a few popular domestics. The kids absolutely loved the food. Italian, Pizza, Subs, Sandwiches I called a week or so earlier to verify the availability of the buffet and to make reservations. He was trained at both New York University and The French Culinary Institute in New York. Distance: I am very proud of our salads, Chef Iliopoulos says. It used tobe aGerman Americanbar, now Iam not sure what itis, very weird vibe. Whelihan's Pub + Restaurant - Horsham - 101 Easton Rd Suite 300, Horsham, Main Street Pizzeria & Grille - 400 Blair Mill Rd. On Saturdays, the beer garden will host live bands. Get Otto's Brauhaus reviews, rating, hours, phone number, directions and more. We thank all our customers over the years for all their support. Otto's Brauhaus is located at Horsham, PA 19044, 233 Easton Rd. $$$$ - Very Pricey (Over $50). Pauli Girl server was attentive and assured. Knig Ludwig Weissbier Hell / Royal Bavarian Hefe-Weizen, Hofbru Schwarze Weisse / Dark Wheat / Hefeweizen Dunkel, Oktoberfest Mrzen / Original Mnchner Mrzen. This stuff was like charcoal briquettes and bone dry. Here, you can order beverages, fish, grilled meat and steaks and beer. It was once a bit of Munchen in the area, a place that could hold its own even when compared to restaurants and taverns in Germany. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Pizza Grab a seat in the beer garden and order the blueberry pancakes! Good Basic German Cooking - Just like Mom's! When compared to other restaurants, Otto's Brauhaus is moderate. Terrible in every aspects. Very flavorful, but not quite astender asI hopedfor. All rights reserved. First, we arrived about 5:30 and the buffet was jut getting started, but the food was lukewarm at best, despite being on "steam trays." Otto's Brauhaus is a taste of 1930s Germany with hearty classics and imported brews. The food was very nicely prepared and included all the German favorites that I remember my mother cooking, plus a few more. The menu isdecidedly very American although there isa German menu. Draft beer tasted a little off. Just popped in for a quick Sunday meal and were pleasantly treated to a good experience. Other than that, This place has somuch Potential. While I'm sitting at the table, I look into one of the banquet rooms and I see a mouse scurrying along the floor. Chef Iliopoulos has done much of the work himself and admits his love of gardening is second only to his passion for cooking. Dined there on 2 consecutive nights. Mywife and son had two different soups. The decoration of the place is outdated, dark brown with a . Copyright 2005-2023 MenuPix, LLC - Logo and related marks are registered trademarks of MenuPix LLC. Overall a special occasion turned out disappointing and they were so busy with the game, I am not sure if they knew or cared.More, We ended up at Otto's only because it was the only restaurant in Horsham on Groupon! A great spot for breakfast in the summer. Jake Smith July 17, 2012. Tasty sausages, wiener schnitzels and spaetzle will impress you at the first bite. We thank all our customers for your continued support! Its been said that the more things change, the more they stay the same. I haven't been to Otto's in a while and they usually had good food but my latest trip was a nightmare! Wonderful food, people, and atmosphere. Wehad saurbraten platter and the filet mignon ontop ofspatz. Wakes up the palate. and the creamed spinach just tasted like spinach with a lot of vinegar poured on top. Chef Iliopoulos says he is happy to create a menu for themed events. Place needs cleaningup, and like others have said tons ofpo. Potato pancakes had a weird taste. The pork schnitzel was so tough you couldnt cut it. The space often plays host to special music events and is always a perfect spot for outdoor dining. It was our first visit and unfortunately last. At dinner, the entres run $14 to $25. Also, note that actual menu prices are much higher than listed on their website - $12.95 items were more like $19.95.More, We are a German family living in the US right now. Ihave eaten atOttos since 1979and enjoyed every bite! Love Pennsylvania? More like Regout sticks. Support your local restaurants with Grubhub! Toget tothis place, call (215) 6751864during working time. Sometimes it even allows us to travel to all corners of the world, without ever leaving our state borders. Ottos offers a broad selection of hearty entrees, from German specialties to traditional favorites. I've been coming here off and onsince Iwas akid, and I've always loved the place. We had breakfast that was very good. Myparty ate out intheir beautiful patio and had alovely experience! Ottos Brauhaus Sides were forgotten. Burgers, Breakfast, Fast Food Won't be back!More. One evening we can travel to France, another to England. OTTOS BRAUHAUS INHORSHAM BUMBLES INSPECTION; MOLD LIKE ACCUMULATION ONCEILING AND WALLS INWALK INPRODUCE REFRIGERATOR, 7VIOLATIONS, sad tohear that they are going out ofbusiness. For delicious and authentic traditional American and German fare, look no further that Ottos Brauhaus. Ihad the lamb, schnitzel, roll mops and strudel. Join Untappd For Business to verify your venue and get more app visibility, in-depth menu information, and more. The personnel should explain the menu items and will take customer orders. Even mydiet soda had aweird, vaguely bitter aftertaste. tentive. The Main Course at Otto's Brauhaus: Location :233 Easton Road (Route 611), Horsham Website: www.ottosbrauhauspa.com Phone: 215-675-1864 Cuisine: German/American Hours: Breakfast, lunch and. And even the spaetzle was disappointing. The schweinepfeffer had mushrooms but the menu didn't say anything about that. Don't give this place your business unless you want cold food, a server who doesn't know the menu, and to be cursed at and called names. Quite good. The gravy looked curdled and I'm guessing both items were leftovers that they put in the microwave then served it. Would love to see someone who knows about real German food and meticulous service take over this place and return it to it's glory years. Chef Iliopoulos feels that family celebrations are an important tradition, and this spring Ottos is offering a free meal to 2010 graduates when accompanied by an adult buying a regular dinner entre. We drove all the way out there from center city Philadelphia so that I could have rouladen. Location:233 Easton Road (Route 611), Horsham. Earned the City Brew Tours (Level 3) badge! Otto's used tobe areal treat for those who love German cuisine. The menu offers lots of standard American dishes, including seafood, sandwiches and salads. The mozzarella stick omg nasty. Itwas underwhelming compared tothe places Ihave been inthe city. The outdoor beer garden was dirty. more. Now, it has a rough time holding its own against Taco Bell. Meats were so dry they were impossible to cut. I chose an early lunch at this restaurant because I purchased a certificate at restaurant.com. Ottos Brauhaus in Horsham has always been known for its traditional German specialties, but chef and owner George Iliopoulos is expanding Ottos fine reputation with flavorful additions to the menu and with fun events for diners. All I want is beer for breakfast Located in Horsham, Pennsylvania. Good environment and selection of food/beers! Biggest waste of $45.00 ever! They also have a water bowl for your pooch. Ottos also offers an off-site catering menu featuring breakfast items, snack platters or pans of delicious entres. Earned the Bar Explorer (Level 97) badge! You walk inthe back and i. t's like walking into amagical garden. I want so very badly to talk about the dark things that happened behind the scenes that brought us to this point, but it serves no productive purpose." The only item I had on the buffet which was acceptable was the mashed potatoes. We then placed our order and then an hour went by with no contact by anyone. We started with homemade rolls that were dry, the potato pancakes appetizer was bland, the Sauerbraten was good and so were most sides, the Schnitzel was a bit thick and not as crispy as other times. The food was all cold and when we said something he told us to leave "peace out" and called me "f*cking b*tch". We are the only place to offer some of these selections, and the ingredients are always very fresh. I asked to speak to the manager and he said "I am the manager" and walked away. Hotels near Wings Of Freedom Aviation Museum, Hotels near (PHL) Philadelphia Intl Airport, Hotels near (ABE) Lehigh Valley Intl Airport, American Restaurants for Lunch in Horsham, Late Night American Restaurants in Horsham. The bar had been closed since Washington's stay-at-home order was imposed in March. Awesome, Very good! Earned the Pure Garden Bliss (Level 2) badge! The Cuisines: Caterers, Family Style, American, European, Continental, American, Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt, Burgers, Friendly's - 168 Easton Road, PA-611, Horsham, Duke's Cafe - 220 Gibraltar Rd suite 170, Horsham, P.J. This restaurant was recommended to us by a friend who lives in a nearby town. and it was cold! and it was cold! Take-out is available, but many chose to dine in while enjoying one of Ottos one-of-a-kind salads. The food quality is well below par, and the service pretty much follows suit. We told her we were going to leave, and she became belligerent insisting we pay for the two poorly made drinks. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. The views expressed in this post are the author's own. Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Willow Grove. McDonald's ($) Public health inspections data for Otto's Brauhaus - CLOSED in San Francisco, CA. The tomato was two weeks past being ripe, like tomato slime and the lunch meat was super fatty even for roast beef. They didn't have Spaten, but this is an excellent second choice! Otto's Brauhaus can offer some new gastronomic impressions. I'd eaten there several yearsago, and itwas pretty good. They have the usual german fare plus a full menu of american fare including steaks, seafood, etc. The food was very nicely prepared and included all the German favorites that I remember my mother cooking, plus a few more. For dessert, we had the homemade bread pudding topped with whipped cream. Solid marzen. Big "thank you" goes out to Connie A. for the shining Yelp review! Goofy Guy is drinking a Hazy Little Thing by Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. at Ottos Brauhaus, Purchased at Bourbon Street Wine And Spirits, Sean Williams is drinking a Dunkel by Warsteiner at Ottos Brauhaus. I tried the liver which was excellent. My companions bratwursttwo large veal sausageswas tender, mild and savory. Find contact information for Steven Leunes, including phone and fax number, email and more. Had been there many times before, usually for dinner/happy hour. The spaetzle was okay, but could have used some kind oflight sauce. They said they do not offer it on Sundays that have an Eagles game. Would love to see someone who knows about real German food and meticulous service take over this place and return it to it's glory years. Chris Balis, also the head baker, is responsible for the homemade breads and delicious desserts, including a selection of cakes, along with Ottos specialty, apple strudel. Also, note that actual menu prices are much higher than listed on their website - $12.95 items were more like $19.95. Stay away. $ - Cheap Eats (Under $10) Earned the Riding Steady (Level 57) badge! Overall, agood value for the price. ", 1460 Bethlehem Pike (at English Village Shopping Ctr), "Excellent grilled chicken sandwich w/bacon, cheddar cheese, fries", "Great spot for German food. Upvote Downvote. We thank all our customers over the years for all their support. Portuguese, Bar Food, Gastropubs, Belgian, I grew up going down 2nd street to China town growing up in Philly in the 70s . Otto's Brauhaus 233 Easton Rd, Horsham, PA 19044-3132 +1 215-675-1864 Website E-mail Improve this listing 296 Reviews Price range: $30 - $30 Cuisines: American, German More restaurant details jstdreamin jstdreamin 68 48 Reviewed October 3, 2009 Otto's Brauhaus - average german food A Otto's Brauhaus has a 3.9 Star Rating from 733 reviewers. The red cabbage and sauerkraut were very good. Wegot aseat very quickly, and had our drinks inshort order. life is strange 2 chris opens up, how to prevent worms in mangoes,

Federal Government Pay Period Calendar 2022, Articles O