180 grain xtp 44 mag

Precise serrations divide the XTP into symmetrical sections, strategically weakening the jacket and initiating controlled expansion even at low velocities. Previously, I have loaded CCI 350 Large Pistol Magnum primers to shoot the Enforcer/Speer load and Hornady 200-grain XTP loaded with 2400. No international shipping. Both Very quiet suppressed, edge to red dot. eXtreme Terminal Performance (XTP) Jacketed Hollow Point Hunting & Self Defense Ammo, Adding to cart The item has been added, 41 Remington Magnum 210gr. When the .44 Mag was introduced in 1955, Hercules 2400 and IMR 4227 soon became the most popular powders for .44 Magnum hand-loads. They are working hard to suppress channels like mine and other pro-gun, conservative, or libertarian content. This tells me something. According to Noody, the bullets are made with a series of sharp points on the rim of the jackets mouth around a deep hollow cavity in its core. extends the .44s reach. If you choose to continue using our website, you consent to the use of our cookies, Hornady 44 Cal (.430) 300 gr HP XTP (50 count), Lee Original Pro 1000 Shell Plates and Carriers, Lee Bullet Feed Kit / Lee Feed Dies & Fingers, .357 MAG/.38 SPECIAL/.38 S&W /.38 COLT NP, MINIE BULLET MOLD- IMPROVED MINIE - MODERN MINIE, Competition Pro Series Die Sets In Titanium Carbide, Hornady Cam Lock Bullet Puller and Collets, Hornady Lock-N-Load AP Progressive Shell Plates, Hornady Lock-N-Load Powder Measure and Accessories. Each box of ammo contains 20 loaded pieces of ammunition. **Max: 23.9gr84.4%3653590%165482%143075%Accurate TCMMin:. I would not want that in a deer load because it will interfere with my low-light vision. All cannelures are applied before the final forming process to eliminate any distortion to the finished bullet. It's a fast, light-for-caliber, controlled-expansion load, and Remington claims it can do 1,610 fps and 1,036 foot-pounds at the muzzle. FR . Nor does it contain any instructions on how to convert a firearm to automatic or simulated automatic firing capabilities. A 200-grain jacketed bullet fired at nearly 2,000 f.p.s. I use 240 gr. For safety reasons, we will not accept ammunition returns. Those low velocity spreads show Winchester Large Pistol primers worked fine with all the propellants, from a light charge of Clays to a case full of 2400. They are as pleasant to shoot (even out of a 29 oz) revolver. It is your responsibility, as a customer, to know what cartridge your firearm uses. My brother & I have both been using that load for a couple of decades+, sometimes we use 296, performance being pretty much identical with 110. from the muzzle of the Winchesters 20" barrel hits an inch above aim at 50 yards and drops a touch less than 5" at 150 yards. LuckyGunner.com has a live inventory system that removes any out-of-stock items from our website the moment the last unit is ordered. What a lot of people forget is that tissue is quite elastic and returns to its original structure fairly quickly. I have loaded this bullet with H110/296 and it is awesome but puts on a light show. The 180G would not be my first choice for deer but as my Handi does not like heavier bullets I am going with the lightest I can find. Another is that light amounts of relatively fast-burning propellants produce good accuracy and uniform velocities from a .44 rifle. The opening, wide as a politicians mouth delivering the party line, provides consistent expansion, even at modest speeds. Bullets - 180 grainjacketed hollow point extreme terminal performance (JHP XTP) Casings - Boxer-primed brass. Reviews can only be submitted while being logged in. I wouldn't worry about SD and ES if its accurate enough for what you want to do. Maybe one day the gold dots will be available again. These videos are offered as an educational resource focusing primarily on technical aspects of ammunition performance.No firearms, ammunition, or firearm accessories are offered for sale in the video, description, or comments. I'd use a heavier bullet out of a rifle. One reason I went with 231 in this load is to avoid the flash of other powders. over nine shots. of energy. We also offer to analytics services (Google Analytics) information on how you use our site. by Matthewn on 11/23/2012, Very good products and I am pleased how quick they arrived. Manufacturer. Find company research, competitor information, contact details & financial data for GRAIN D OR FRAIS GRAIN D OR GEL of LILLE, HAUTS DE FRANCE. On revolver bullets the cannelure helps achieve accurate consistent crimping. The muzzle energy of this ammo is 1155 ft lbs. The Hornady 200-grain XTP shot at 1,947 f.p.s. We want to ensure that making a return is as easy and hassle-free as possible! Lest we forget, .44 Magnum is also a common chambering in lever-action rifles. More recent .44 rifles, like the Henry Big Boy, are made with a faster 1:20" twist; this faster twist stabilizes long bullets 300 grains and heavier. Mostly use Sierra bullets as they produce the very best accuracy, but sometime have used the Remington bullet, cheaper, but only a little less accurate. rifle can be usedfrom plinking to hunting. **Min: 23.0gr81.0%3270681%158580%134872%Max: *. Hodgdons Clays, Titegroup and Universal and Alliants Unique, Red Dot and Green Dot are all good choices. Nickel-plated casings will not tarnish like brass during storage or when in contact with foreign materials such as leather, moisture, and other metals. Notify Me When Available; Style: 44XTP25; Type: Self Defense; After that, the bullets seem to lose their stability and veer off toward the moon. Why might Avg. Using bullets from Hornady HP-XTP. Keith also devised a semi-wadcutter bullet design with a flat nose and sharp shoulder for multi-purpose use. Get 10% Off - Subscribe to Our Email List, Toll-Free: +1-800-504-5897 Jerry, eXtreme Terminal Performance (XTP) Jacketed Hollow Point Hunting & Self Defense Ammo, Decrease Quantity of 44 Remington Magnum 180gr. The bullet is made from Brass. With such an expansive selection available from one manufacturer customers can easily find all they need at competitive prices when purchasing from Hornady Manufacturing. and an Sd of 17 f.p.s. produced a 1.85" three-shot group with Hornadys 200-grain XTP bullet at 50 yards, and a Lyman receiver sight allowed the author to place the bullets closer to point of aim (left). What do hardcast bullets do? Introducing the latest products from the worldwide leader in ammunition. All the propellants listed in the load chart were dropped from a powder measure into cases. Substituting a Lyman 66 receiver sight helped account for lower bullet impact; even with the Lyman sight set all the way down, though, bullets still hit 4" above aim at 50 yards. If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. The .44 Remington Magnum is an adaptable cartridge when fired from a handgun. The company is based in Grand Island, Nebraska and employs over 800 people in its three manufacturing facilities. Im basically trying to replicate a +P 45ACP for my wheelguns. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Reviews. Time/General. One thing about 180 grain loads I've seen is fantastic muzzle flash. According to a recent Federal Emergency Management Agency report, fewer people are "prepping" today compared to previous years. On the Kieth I split the data between Spl and Mag loads in a mag case from the Lyman manual and worked my way up. A typical 240 grain load delivers a 1,180 fps muzzle velocity for a staggering 742 ft lbs of muzzle energy. ARMSCORs RIA 5.0 ST semi-automatic 9 mm Luger pistol represents the companys first handgun to be designed and manufactured here in the United States. I keep h110, lil gun, 296, autocomp, cfe, snd trailboss on hand. I sure hope so. Sign up and get exclusive access to promotions, sales events, pre-order sales & more! but I found awhile back that the 180's work well also. The Federal Premium HammerDown 270-Grain Bonded Soft Point is made for the lever-action rifle hunter. The ammo case is made from Nickel Plated Brass. Share your experiences with other customers. In its current full-power guise, the .44 Magnum pushes a 240-grain bullet to 1,200 fps, for a 288 PF. Please help support my channel by purchasing shirts, phone cases, stickers, etc. . It penetrates deeply, expands reliably and retains weight very well, which XTP hollow points have long been known for. Expansion is controlled by varying jacket thickness down the length of the XTP providing a definite advantage over plated bullets which have a uniform jacket thickness over the entire bullet. A lot depends on the size of the deer. The Selway Armory Promise cartridges in .44 Mag. reviews All cannelures are applied before the final forming process to eliminate any distortion to the finished bullet. This 210-grain JHP load in .44 Magnum is a perfect candidate for defense or as a medium game load at modest ranges. With these powders at the bottom end of their powder charges they should yield similar-ish velocities to what you are seeing and possible slightly better ES and SD's, (emphasis on the word slightly). They work ok driven at 44Special speeds and the lower mag speeds. CCI primers generated nearly three times the Sd as the Winchester primer igniting 2400. The 255-grain Keith SWC load excels at target shooting and hunting, hitting hard and penetrating deep. 44 Special - 180 gr JHP - XTP - Hornady - 20 Rounds, We are out of this ammo, but check out these very similar deals, 44 S&W Special - 200 gr JHP - Blazer - 50 Rounds, 44 S&W Special - 200 Grain JHP - Blazer - 1000 Rounds, 44 Special - 180 Grain JHP - PMC - 25 Rounds, 44 Special - 200 gr SJHP - Fiocchi- 50 Rounds, 44 Special - 240 Grain Hard Cast SWC - Doubletap - 20 Rounds. If you were going to keep a .44 Magnum for defense (.44 Special would be better, but we'll save that topic for later) what information is out there favors fast-opening, light-for-caliber expanding bullets. I am shooting a S&W 329PD. With the rear sight set on the lowest notch of its sight elevator, the 200-grain bullets hit nearly a foot above aim at 50 yards. Underwood 180 gr XTP fired from 6\" Herter's SA through four layers of denim into calibrated 10% gelatin.BB: 579.8 fps, 3.7\"Impact velocity: 1,663 fpsPenetration: 11.8\"Retained weight: 154.7 grMax expansion: 0.945\"Min expansion: 0.582\"The bullet exited the first block and bounced off the second block. Propellants ranging from relatively fast-burning Clays to slow-burning 2400 work well in the .44 Mag. This ammo is for cartridge size .44 Remington Magnum. I have 200 rounds of Hornady 180 gr bullets and would like to use them to load 100 .44 Specials, and 100 .44 Magnums, new Starline Brass and primers, but, as I stated, I only have Unique, Bullseye and a little Power Pistol as far as powder goes. chambers to further save on powder. Comparatively slow-burning propellants provide the highest velocities with jacketed bullets weighing 240 to 300 grains. According to Hornady's manual, 1400 fps is just a middle of the road load for the 180 gr XTP. (ctr.) It penetrates deeply, expands reliably and retains weight very well, which XTP hollow points have long been known for. The only problem with shooting 200-grain bullets that fast is that they do not mesh with the Model 94s open sights. Optics Planet has always been a top notch online company to deal with. As far as there being a benefit of increasing the load? Lack of expansion on game is one criticism of some .44 bullets. I don't really think you have found a spot where the load has reached it's "usable loading" you 9.5 grain load also had a similar ES and SD as the 10.5 load, you are just seeing the inconsistencies of pistol loading in this case. With more than 75 years experience in producing some of the best ammo and gun accessories available on the market today its no wonder why many shooters place their trust firmly behind this iconic brand name whenever theyre looking for reliable performance time after time. I could realistically use another powder Im sure, but 4227 was what I had laying around from loading 50 Beowulf. Hornady Custom Ammunition 44 Remington Magnum 180 Grain XTP Jacketed Hollow Point Box of 20 Product #: 782445 Manufacturer #: 9081 UPC #: 090255390810 ( 4) Write a Review Ask a Question Our Price: $18.29 Discontinued View Important Delivery Info Not Eligible for Return Questions? The Hornady 300 XTP JHP load is perfect for medium-game hunting. Sun & Moon. . Received my order today. extends the .44's reach. with .430 | 180gr | Hornady XTP bullet. Case mouth rims do tend to thin after they have been belled and crimped a number of times. If I used it fir more than just a deer rifle, Id seriously look into a lot of the options. and a standard deviation (Sd) of 8 f.p.s. This bullet leaves the barrel at 1700 feet per second. We guarantee the products shown on our site are in-stock. Get the latest news and reviews from Gundigest.com. Made in USA Quantity: 20 Round View Important Delivery Info Not Eligible for Return Quantity: Add to Cart There are no links in the description or in the video to sites where firearms, ammunition, or firearm accessories are available for sale.This video contains no instructions on manufacturing a firearm, ammunition, \"high capacity\" magazine, homemade silencers/suppressors, or any firearms accessories. Mag. Precise serrations divide the XTP into symmetrical sections strategically weakening the jacket and initiating controlled expansion even at low velocities. . The FTXs slender ogive and pointed tip certainly make it look as though it should cleave through the air with less resistance, but its just not so. is available in plenty of bullet weights and styles, ranging from those with enough muscle to hunt big game to offerings on the mild side for shooting at targets. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Once I get to test the bullet I may go down some toward the 44 spl loads. DST Changes. You are using an out of date browser. If we make a mistake and an item in your order is out of stock, we will give you a $100 store credit. The gilding metal jacket protects the nose of the bullet, so the hollow cavity functions properly on impact and ensures proper feeding in semi-automatics. Total uniformity of core density ensures balanced expansion as well as in-flight stability. Our customer service team has published this Q&A information as a free service to the shooting community. That's well over triple what is considered the acceptable minimum for self-defense. Join our mailing list to receive the latest news. Thats of little concern, though, because past that distance, the energy and trajectory of the heavy bullets take a nose dive. Reloading data for caliber .44 Rem. I dont have my notes handy. Learn how your comment data is processed. document.write(new Date().getFullYear()) Copyright Hornady, Privacy Policy | CCPA Request | Accessibility Policy | Terms of Use, Designed and developed by IdeaBank Marketing. The 44 Magnum offers projectiles ranging in weight from 180 to 340 grains. A society only becomes great when its old men plant trees that they know they will never enjoy the shade of. Hornady Manufacturing is a well-respected manufacturer of ammunition and firearms accessories that has been in business for more than 75 years. This question comes up from time to time and I've never seen a definitive answer on it. Hornady Dangerous Game eXpanding Bonded Rifle Bullets, Hornady ELD-X Rifle Bullets, 6mm .243, 90 Grain, Hornady FMJ Pistol Bullets, 9 mm, .355, 115 Grain, Full Metal Jacket Round Nose, Hornady XTP 44 Caliber .430 180 GR Hollow Point 100 Box. Condition. Reply F Finalygotabeltfed Oct 18, 2011 #4/12 z . NOTE: We Ship Bullets to locations inside of the United States ONLY. Cold Shower Face And Body Wipes | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, Review: Taurus G3 Tactical | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, Video Review: Browning Citori Hunter Grade II Over/Under Shotgun | NRA Family, Video Review: Savage 93 Minimalist Rifle | NRA Family, Video Review: Springfield Armory XD-M Elite 4.5 OSP in 10mm Auto | NRA Family, Make Mine Metal: The Alloy-Frame KelTec P15 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Preview: Smith & Wesson Performance Center M&P9 M2.0 Competitor | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, NRA Women | New for 2022: 20-Gauge Beretta A400 Xtreme Plus, Preview: Springfield Armory 1911 DS Double-Stack 9 mm Pistol Lineup | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, Find More Great NRA Publications Perfect For Every Interest, Discover Everything That The NRA Has To Offer. 9AM-5PM CT Sat-Sun (Chat & Email Only), Hornady 44050 XTP 44 Caliber .430 180 GR Hollow Point 100 Box. This ammo is for cartridge size .44 Remington Magnum. Those plain-base bullets, such as the Rim Rock 200-grain Cowboy Hard Cast RNFP listed in the load chart, fired at about 1,100 f.p.s., will deposit a thin wash of lead fouling here and there in the bore after firing 20 shots or so. (right). No. Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings. Just my 2 cents, but max loads using 180's in rifles, would, I'd think, ruin a LOT of Venison, JD45. Second Media Inc., 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. But it's the stopping power of the XTP bullet that has truly built its world-class reputation. Very good products and I am pleased how quick they arrived. Thanks, guys! Sign-up for a one time reminder. You're reviewing: 44 Special - 180 gr JHP - XTP - Hornady - 20 Rounds. The G1 BC of this load is .145so it's not. rifle shoots bullets heavier and longer than 250 grains depends on the rate of its rifling twist. Do not attempt to replicate anything seen in this video.Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2607202 Nickel-plated brass casings, our nickel plating process provides several key benefits, not limited to but including; improved feeding in all actions of firearms enhanced corrosion resistance over traditional brass, improved cosmetics, and ease of cleanup during reloading. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. Its reliable performance makes the XTP the most popular handgun bullet for both target shooters and hunters. While Hornady sells loaded .44 Special ammo using the 180 gr XTP bullet, they do not sell .44 mag ammo loaded with it. Probably the finest round in a very small field of .44 special manufacturers. These are beginning loads and I may go slightly higher as the gun seems to like loads with higher velocity in this weight bullet. This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer primed, reloadable brass cases. CCI primers also fired the Hornady bullet slightly faster. Tourist sites: 1st region in the world for Gothic art (cathedrals), 23 belfries listed as UNESCO World Heritage sites. This would be a good defensive loading in a 4-inch revolver and decent for hunting medium game. of H 110 in my NM SBH w/7-1/2 bar.Rick, "Traveling East" F&AM #261 RAM #105 R&SM #69 KT #23 "Live for nothing;die for something". from the muzzle of the Winchester's 20" barrel hits an inch . Quantity - 20 rounds per box. Throughout its history, Hornady Manufacturing continues to hold true to its legacy of innovation and quality craftsmanship that earned them their reputation as an industry leader. Marksmanship and penetration are the greater shares of lethality regardless of the projectile type being used. %* . Designed for hunting, self-defense and law enforcement applications, the XTP bullet demonstrates the kind of accuracy which led many competitive shooters to adopt it. Time Zone. I tried this Hornady as soon as it arrived today. This website uses cookies to ensure the best experience possible.

Homer Hickam Sr Obituary, Income Based Apartments Killian Rd, Articles OTHER