2016 hyundai sonata rattling noise when accelerating

Just a few months ago I found and annoying clunk on my Dodge Ram that was caused from the plastic wheel well bouncing against the frame because it wasnt fully secured! Step on the gas and accelerate slowly and wait for the rattling noise to occur. Im losing oil fast and there is not an oil leak. Denied honoring our warranty. Engine mounts are metal mounts with rubber bushings with the sole purpose of absorbing vibrations created by your engines internal combustion process. Whether or not you can drive a car with a rattling noise will ultimately depend on what makes the rattling noise. Check the owners manual. If it is leaking, the most common place that it leaks from is going to be where it bolts to the block at the exhaust manifolds. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. There still is no solution to rattle noise, recall or have they inspected my car properly for the car issues I am experiencing & reporting to them. The SEL retails for $27,775, and the SEL Plus costs $32,275. The failure mileage was 125,500. You may be able to hear these sounds through the floorboard, and you might feel a slight vibration near your feet. Lastly, rattling noises can come from various components in your vehicles interior. . Hello, over the last couple of days, my 2009 Sonata V6 has developed what I best can describe as a rattling noise near the engine when I am accelerating the vehicle (noise changes based on throttle input). JavaScript is disabled. Engine failure due to bearing seizing is a problem with all Theta II from 2011 to 2019. Googling around this seems to be a common issue but I cant find any answers on what causes it or if I should be worried. HYUNDAI SONATA ENGINE NOISE RATTLE SOLVEDIf you have Hyundai Sonata and you hear engine noise or rattle noise coming from the valve cover or noise coming from the upper side of the engine on Hyundai Sonata we will explain what could cause that in this video. I only hear the noise under acceleration with the windows down along side concrete barriers. Since I travel for work and now have 94,000 miles on the 2015 Sonata sport. Link must be about this specific problem or it will be deleted it must be free & helpful, like a video or web page or forum thread about this exact problem. There is a new recall for other kia and Hyundai models that include the catalytic converter, but it has not been included for our model year. He checked the spark plugs (he had just changed month prior) and they were all gooped up. HYUNDAI SONATA ENGINE NOISE RATTLE WHEN FIRST START, RATTLE NOISE ON COLD STARTIf you have Hyundai Sonata that has engine rattle noise on cold start or rattl. I only have 1500 miles on it and want to get rid of it. So that is what my noise sounds like. I hope it's not the transmission, but what concerns me is the fact that I don't hear the noise while in Park or even coasting down the road in Neutral, I hear it with the car in Drive and I am accelerating, if I let off the gas a little and just maintain the same speed the noise seems to go away. After some research, I found a proposal for the settlement of a class action lawsuit including many Hyundai and kia cars. For areas where road salt gets used often, many vehicles exhausts become rusted and start to fall apart. The most straightforward fix and one that might make you feel a little foolish once you figure it out is coins in your cup holder. Another source of rattling within your engine bay is the accessory drive on your engine. I'm anticipating them trying to brush this under the rug and blaming the issues on me despite having the car for only 90 days after purchase along with the abundant knowledge of Hyundai and kia knowingly using faulty engines. To do this, we will first see what are the oeigins of a high pitched noise when accelerating with my Hyundai Sonata, then what is a whistling or ratling noise at the acceleration of my Hyundai Sonata, then the origins of a noise that intensifies during acceleration and finally a noise that ceases when I stop accelerating. You may see a body paint rub mark at the contact point. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. Car towed to premier hyndaui 3480 naglee road, tracy , California,95304. all problems of the 2013 Hyundai Sonata Vehicle fails to accelerate or acts as if it is going to shut off and just recently I got in vehicle started it and the check engine light came on. Let them know if you suspect it to be engine rattling, suspension rattling, interior rattling, or undercarriage rattling. Have you changed oil recently or failed to change it overlong? Also please check out the statistics and reliability analysis of Hyundai Sonata based on all problems reported for the Sonata. Lets take a look at some of the more common issues that cause rattling noises from inside your engine bay. My wife helen drives to work 35 miles each way daily, she started hearing a rattling noise that came from the engine area. Sonata Forums (Please Post In The Correct Sub Form, "He not busy being born is busy dying" - Bob Dylan, http://www.hyundai-forums.com/yf-20necting-rod-wear-may-result-engine-stall.html, Acoustic Cotton - Lightweight, Fire Retardant Soundproofing Materials - Soundproof Cow. Engine is making weird rattling sound on acceleration and burning oil too much. Confirm that the hook on the clip is loose and contacts the metal firewall. Specifically when you feel a noise when you accelerate on your Hyundai Sonata. Replacing a catalytic converter can be costly, How To Diagnose A Rattling Noise When Accelerating, Rattling Noises Coming From Underneath Your Vehicle, Rattling Noises Coming From Your Engine Bay, Rattling Noises Coming From Your Vehicles Interior. After driving home from work it got worse and I heard the rattling knocking noise every time I accelerated. I am pretty good about oil changes. After doing further research there are many complaints about the vcma failing and having to be replaced. At the dealer last week for oil change, they said heat shields could be rattling but after looking they said they were tight, he said it could be baffles in one of mufflers. The Oil Control Valve could be malfunctioning, leading to cycling of camshaft phaser. 4 Engine Rattling And Whining Sounds problem of the 2012 Hyundai Sonata Failure Date: 07/28/2020 I currently have a 2012 Hyundai Sonata hybrid with an active, Noise when accelerating on Hyundai SonataWhen you discover unusual noises on your Hyundai Sonata you tend to worry about them. About 8 days later after Hyundai returning car the noise was back. We actually drove 12 miles on city streets to a mechanic shop we knew who gave the first diagnosis. . Thanks for the insight mobax. Place a reference mark as shown before removal. In February 2019, the check engine light came on, which was for a damaged catalytic converter and cost over $2000 to replace. They said that it was seized and if I had been on the freeway, it could've been catastrophic. Another potential source of noise is the husky stabilizer bar (also known as a. Five problems related to engine rattling and whining sounds have been reported for the 2016 Hyundai Sonata. Yup thats it. A quick retightening of the heat shield can help fix this issue. To test it, you just have to see if you have more difficulty than usual shifting gears, if you feel a resistance either stronger or non-existent in the clutch pedal. If your case is more extensive, like a malfunctioning torque converter or a valve train issue, you can expect to pay well over $500. It sounds like a stone rolling around in the engine. If you do not have a friend to help, you can try to identify the rattling source by rolling your windows down and driving down a quiet street. Vehicle shut off while starting it finally it started up I took it to auto zone to read the code. You can usually diagnose a damaged engine mount by revving your engine while parked and looking for excessive jerking of your engine. Going slight uphil, going up a ramp, or hard accelerating, it rattles crazy. When explaining your rattling noise to your mechanic, be as detailed as possible. Hyundai Forum is a community for all Hyundai Owners to talk and learn all about their favorite subject: Hyundai cars from the Sonata to the Elantra and even the new Kona! Coburg contact info: Phone number: +49 9561705370 Website: www.regionalmanagement-coburg.de What does Coburg do? . Without going into too much detail about what a CV joint is, I will just give you a basic idea of its function and why it might have failed. On the 90th after buying car from used car dealership, a rattling noise became apparent. Once this happens, itll rattle all of the time. Kind of strange. I managed to stop in an emergency section of highway. I had a mechanic check my car in January 2021 when he checked the oil levels and pointed out that there was nothing on the dipstick. However, Ive also come across forums where people are experiencing the same issue with newer models such as mine. This engine is loud, the fuel pump is loud, the injectors are loud and all together this engine is more noisy than the YF (2014). document.getElementById("ak_js_1").setAttribute("value",(new Date()).getTime()); Welcome to The Automotive Dude An automotive-based blog run by car enthusiasts, for car enthusiasts. The most regular cause is the state of your bearings, so make sure to check their state to make sure it is not the cause of this loud noise when you accelerate. 2016 hyundai sudden acceleration 3 Answers. I will have to take a closer look, The dealer said they did not see anything. I will be taking this car to a Hyundai dealer to address the issue. Verify it and replace it if it is the reason, otherwise you risk clogging your engine in the long run. The suspension adjustment failed to solve the failure. With the vast number of components in your engine bay, many items can start to rattle over time this can range from loose belt pulleys to a knocking noise from a worn connector rod or lifters. The contact stated that the check engine indicator illuminated. See It currently has 125,000 miles on it and only recently have I been experiencing this issue. Upon driving, my bsd sensors did not operate, and engine made whistling sound upon acceleration and would not go over 40mph without the power being pulled from the engine. When accelerating, either fast or uphill, there's a rattling noise. In fact, the clutch release bearings must be changed almost every 120 000 / 130 000km. All of this is very suspicious as the car has only been serviced at dealerships with most recent being 1 week prior. I asked if this was due to metal debris left in engine they said no. Sometimes when accelerating, and almost always when accelerating uphill, the vehicle makes a noise that I can best describe as sounding like a grumbling or rattle from the engine. Is it common that the new Cadillac converter can be made badly and that might be the noise Im hearing. Remove the old fuel tube holder from the rail using a trim removal tool and replace the holder with updated P/N 31356-3S000. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. Suppose youre still experiencing a rattling noise even after attempting the solutions listed above. I have noticed this going back to when the vehicle was brand new, but I have recently noticed it more. The dealer stated the front right door lock inoperable, passenger seat area makes a rattling sound, right trunk trim vibrates when vehicle in motion and hears knocking sound in the engine. New this year is a 10.3-inch infotainment touchscreen, a panoramic sunroof, and a . Is there a v6 nf sonata that doesn't rattle? A rattling noise coming from your car can be a sign of serious issues that can cause costly damages. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. A rattling engine can be caused be the exhaust, timing chain, loose accessories, and much more. By determining the source of the rattling sound, it will be easier to diagnose the fault. The new holder is P/N 31356-3S000. Looked like clear rock salt, really strange. The last suggestion minimized the noise in about 70%, really. Prior to 3000 miles oil change, checked dip stick and indicated no oil. But one of the most common complaints on older cars is a rattling noise when accelerating. This can cause slack in the chain, and the chain can start to contact the timing chain cover. Unsubscribe any time. After doing further research there are many complaints about the vcma failing and having to be replaced. I need your help to ensure they fix their mistakes at no cost to me and other owners. The dealer noticed that the alternator was replaced the previous year and stated that there should not be any failure. It continues to turn on but the engine is knocking when I looked under the hood. Indeed, if this loud noise does not occur when you iddle, it is surely linked to your transmission, and, in general, to your wheels. I towed the car to a Hyundai repair shop. How to Find Rattling Noises in the Car The first step you need to take is to isolate the cause of the rattling noise. The last time I took my car to get the oil changed before I noticed the problem was in December 2020. The best way to get an accurate quote is to visit your local certified mechanic and have them properly diagnose the issue. If, on the other hand, you have the feeling that the more you gain speed, the more your noise at acceleration on Hyundai Sonata gets loud, then you will have to check out the rolling parts of your automobile. So your little Country Music description of how your rattling sound is exactly how I describe the sound coming from 2009 Elantra. threeworlds dragon staff, shooting within 500 feet of a dwelling vermont, are fran and barry lazarus still alive,

Best Breakfast In Birmingham, Praying Mantis Flat Abdomen, The Crown Mystery Man Fact Check, Sumter, Sc Breaking News, Articles OTHER