ben rhodes nascar wife

136 Outer Loop [18], For 2018, Rhodes returned to the No. On October 20, Rhodes announced that he had left JRM, intending to run a full-time Xfinity schedule in 2016. Rhodes won his first Truck Series championship on November 5 by finishing third in the race. Youve said youre an old soul before, so it makes sense. Im going for it. Poor Ben.. Its not like the old days I hear about where people are calling you up and wanting to throw cash at your team because We want to be in NASCAR. Were competing against so many different types of media. Its getting harder and harder. So I wouldnt want to make moves that would make me end up somewhere else, necessarily. And thats something Im still working on. Rhodes, irate with Poole after the race, twice tried to physically confront Poole before being pulled away. Finished 19th in points despite only competing in seven of 14 series events. Went on to win the next night at Hickory Motor Speedway (TN). And then I immediately try to get back on the horse. Won the 2014 NKNPSE Championship (clinched one race prior to end of season). This is hard to tell you a serious conversation about this. "Ben" Rhodes (born February 21, 1997) is an American professional stock car racing driver. LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) - Newlywed NASCAR truck series driver Ben Rhodes found himself with some . Thus began the most memorable post . You push it down, but the experience of working became much less joyful and cynicism does creep in and your relationships suffer a bit because you become kind of grumpy. 2007, 2008 and 2009 Fall Brawl Dirt Karting champion. Obviously, it didnt work out. Its like efficiency. My wife thinks the whole sport is barbaric. 27 Tundra. Ben Rhodes reacts to making the Championship 4. Whats the play there? Ill do sales. 12. 9. Who is a person you would be starstruck by when meeting them? Rhodes capped off the 2021 season with his first title in. Were all looking at gas prices; it costs an exorbitant amount to move these haulers as it is. Get the latest race results, news, videos, pictures, win record and more for Ben Rhodes on ESPN.com. But if you make it doing this for the entire year, you never have to do it again for the rest of your life. Its a big drafting track and people catch up to you really quickly. NASCAR Craftsman Truck fastest laps with points standing positions, percentage and total fastest laps: . Louisville, KY 40214. Benjamin J. Rhodes[1] (born February 21, 1997) is an American professional stock car racing driver. Im on Twitter the most, only because I like to read it for news and stuff. 8. AVONDALE, ARIZONA - NOVEMBER 05: Ben Rhodes, driver of the #99 Bombardier LearJet 75 Toyota, celebrates in victory lane after winning the 2021 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Championship at Phoenix Raceway on November 05, 2021 in Avondale, Arizona. Im pretty content with where Im at. I would like to go out and just race as hard as I can all the time. I use Spotify a lot. Ben and Ann have two children. My wife and I will trade off who makes dinner at night versus who gives baby the bath. Everybody knows he has his sealcoating and paving business. A magic genie appears and offers you the chance to go back to the beginning of your racing career and start all over. 5. Youre just beating the snot out of the other person. Rhodes and Johnny Sauter were in contention for the win at Kansas but both crashed on the final lap, allowing William Byron to secure the first win of his career. Try a week on us. I stopped sleeping very well. But I probably tweet the least. So last week, before heading to Vegas, I was hauling asphalt. We did a podcast conversation three years ago and I had asked you what your week was like. 7. Ill be on a call with one person for at least an hour. What does he think thats going to change in his personal life? I saw he just announced hes having a second baby. Hey, I would consult with a CPA before you consult with Ben Rhodes here. He currently competes in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series for his seventh full-time season and for the longest tenured teamThorSport Racing. How often do you get recognized at the grocery store? Lets get to the old-school Truck Series where weve got like 30 races on the schedule. I begged Seth (Kramlich, NASCARs Truck Series director) and a few others last year, I know youve got friends in high places. Rhodes said, Does the driver know that youre getting anxious about their driving? Rhodes is likely the brain behind this operation, the memo read. Midwest Young Lions division champion. 77 for Spire Motorsports. In 2021, Rhodes claimed his first career NASCAR Truck Series title when he drove to Victory Lane twice, in addition to scoring eight top-five and 16 top-10 finishes. He missed the school's graduation ceremony on May 15 because he was in Iowa to prepare for his Xfinity Series debut the next day; the school's president traveled to the race to present Rhodes with his diploma during driver introductions. As far as interrupting celebrations, probably not because that seems kind of trashy. The New Yorker reported that a woman who introduced herself as Eva Novak and claimed to work for a London-based film company called Shell Productions asked [Ann] Norris to consult on a movie that she described as All the Presidents Men meets The West Wing.. He DNF'd at 31st place at Las Vegas, but made up for the loss with three consecutive top-five finishes before winning at the Bristol dirt race. Ben Rhodes: 3: 4.60: 22: 7. Its been a huge part of my life ever since. 2009 F.A.S.T. Its hard to get good drivers sometimes; its hard to get people right now as it is. Won 43 races in 2011, more than any other racers (over 1200 drivers internationally). It really has. Go back and get more. 48K views, 600 likes, 35 loves, 129 comments, 315 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from NASCAR on FOX: "WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE" All the best moments from Ben Rhodes and his amazing championship press. [17] On September 30, Rhodes held off eventual champion Christopher Bell to win his first Truck race at the Las Vegas 350. Norris worked as foreign policy adviser to California senator Barbara Boxer for nine years. But I know thats false because I remember the first time I met Jeff Gordon, who was my favorite driver growing up. . The biggest was basically January 2019. On October 20, Rhodes announced that he had left JRM, intending to run a full-time Xfinity schedule in 2016. Earned Toyota the manufacturer championship as well as their 200th win. AVONDALE, Ariz. (AP) Ben Rhodes opened the NASCAR season with back-to-back wins and closed it Friday night by winning the Truck Series . And luckily, luckily, I got a phone call. I was just ranting to my wife (Caitlynn) about this because its like one of my biggest pet peeves. He had a tumultuous race at the SpeedyCash.com 400 in October, when contact from Rhodes caused Todd Gilliland, Christian Eckes and Josh Bilicki to retire from the race in three separate incidents. PHOENIX "It's really quiet in here, I just came from a party.". And last year we were doing it on Mondays, which meant I had to fly down on Sundays. Picked up Thorsport Racings first owners championship since first competing in 1996 and earned Thorsport Racings fourth driver championship. But I listen to a ton of podcasts. (Chris Graythen / Getty Images). wife says; As a Wilton club seeks to expand its . The wrong thing to him would be to get up in the mornings and go play a video game or not focus on making myself better. Ben Rhodes wants his second consecutive NASCAR Trucks title at Phoenix Raceway. So as long as Ive got some good people around me and I have my head on straight for the night, I dont think Ill do it. The title sponsor of the Truck series posted $300,000 in season-long bonuses before the race. On September 30, Rhodes held off eventual champion Christopher Bell to win his first Truck race at the Las Vegas 350. Rhodes started 31st and finished 30th. So myself, my dad, my parents and really my whole family is kind of involved. I went to work to write speeches for Barack Obama! Made Cup Series debut at Sonoma Raceway with Spire Motorsports on June 6th. Made series debut in March at Iowa Speedway (IA), finishing seventh. Ben Rhodes Retweeted. Obtained best-career NCWTS finish of fifth at Phoenix International Raceway (AZ) in November. For 2018, Rhodes returned to the No. Earned fourth-career NCWTS Victory at Daytona International Speedway at the season opener on February 12th. 3. I was retired for like five days or a week. 1. Its crazy to me, because it literally takes the center of your life. Basically, I wanted to get into sealcoating because that was the area I knew from SealMaster and the Thorsons. After earning a several wins, in 2012 he signed with then-Sprint Cup Series driver Marcos Ambrose to begin racing Late Model cars in the UARA-STARS Series under the Marcos Ambrose Motorsports banner. Im not goth or emo, but coincidentally, I do wear mostly black clothes. 15. I like to think of myself as a totally calm, cool, collected guy who just isnt intimidated by anybody. Enjoy where youre at, because its a journey. Chase Purdy: 11: 2.50: 12: 8. Its been hard for a long time actually to get real partners (to sponsor vehicles), not through like a B2B play. I would maybe wait until they are back at their hauler and the cameras are away and say we have a conversation. Jeff Gluck has been traveling on the NASCAR beat since 2007, with stops along the way at USA Today, SB Nation, NASCAR Scene magazine and a Patreon-funded site, JeffGluck.com. Driver in the NASCAR CRAFTSMAN Truck Series for ThorSport Racing. Ben Rhodes after his 2018 win at Kentucky Speedway. Finished within top 13 four out of 10 starts. Ty Majeski, 4. NASCAR has really got their finger on the pulse for that and theyre really trying to work that angle. I fail on that constantly. I just realize that, Hey, time will cure the mistakes and dont do anything rash or unreasonable right now. Ive done that in the past and its not good. Led 203 laps and completed 91.7% of all laps in 23 races. Still hectic, I guess. Ill be on the next call with another person forever. And I can always hear him telling me that even if hes not around. Rhodes would also make his ARCA Racing Series debut at his home track Kentucky Speedway, starting fifth but finishing 27th after a crash. On September 15, Rhodes secured a spot in the 2017 Truck Series playoffs. Maybe Im being hard on myself. Ben Rhodes Becomes Best Version of Himself with Rich Lushes The 24-year-old claimed the Truck Series championship in his sixth season NASCAR Matt Weaver on Nov 7, 2021 | Top They're calling him 'Bud Rhodes' after Friday night. 41 truck, now a Ford F-150, with Troconis returning as crew chief. So I was not into the paving world at all. NASCAR Craftsman Truck Laps Led Leaders. 99 Ford F-150 for ThorSport Racing. Like youre obviously right I should be going, I should put this down. In May, the New Yorker reported that a group of Israeli Operatives was collecting information about former Obama officials, in an effort to discredit them. Rhodes and Johnny Sauter were in contention for the win at Kansas but both crashed on the final lap, allowing William Byron to secure the first win of his career. 99 FarmPaint.com Ford F-150 COTA Race Information Started: 13th Stage 1: 9th Stage 2: 9th Finished: 10th Laps: 42/42 Laps Led: 0 Status: Running Driver Points: 3rd Owner Points: 3rd WHAT HAPPENED LATE IN THE RACE? Finished second three times this season with thirteen top 10s. You wont catch us wearing stripes. But gosh, that seems to be like a more and more common occurrence. My wife and I both do; were very Plain Jane. [5] Rhodes would claim TSM's second consecutive K&N Pro Series East Championship through five wins, 11 top-five finishes, and six poles. [23], The 2021 season began with Rhodes winning the first race at Daytona International Speedway after passing leader Cory Roper as they approached the finish. The usual driver of that car, Justin Haley, a full-time Xfinity Series driver, was at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course for the race in that series that weekend. Rhodes scored five top five finishes in seven starts. I had so much fun with that. When you think about NASCAR five years from now, what are you the most optimistic about and what worries you the most? Time cures all and time also heals. 6. So maybe thats a bad way to say it. Well figure something out. And then as I got older, I started boxing and getting into kind of MMA and enjoying that sport. So what do I know? Ben Rhodes wants his second consecutive NASCAR Trucks title at Phoenix Raceway. Earned first-career UARA-STARS pole position at Kingsport Speedway (TN) in May. Finished in the top five in first-three Late Model events of 2012 in March. We have a paving company in Kentucky. He competes full-time in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series, driving the No. Ben Rhodes's Tweets. NASCAR levies L1-level penalties against Nos. So I had a few of the coaches trying to teach me some of that stuff, too. I feel like thats kind of like making a deal with the devil. In June, 2017, Ann Norris, a former State Department official, who is married to Ben Rhodes, a prominent advocate of the Iranian nuclear deal, received an e-mail from a woman who introduced. Dont get me wrong: I could make a whole lot of other moves. Plus, they didnt pay for it if they inherited it. Earned first-career NKNPSE victory at Greenville Pickens Speedway (SC) on March 22nd. Do you have a question I can ask him? [5], In December 2014, it was announced that Rhodes would move up to NASCAR's second-tier national series the Xfinity Series (formerly Busch and Nationwide) with JR Motorsports for 10 races in the 2015 season, sharing the No. Led 232 laps for the season with eight top 5s and thirteen top 10s. And then, hey, if he pushes me, then Ill push back and well see where it goes. But you get to retain all the knowledge and experience you have now. The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season came to an end on Friday, November 5, with one final battle in the desert. I was telling my wife the other day: So long as ThorSport would bless it, I would love to go out and run a whole bunch of Xfinity races and I would love to go run a whole lot of Cup races. Ben Rhodes excited for JR Motorsports opportunity", "Teenager, high school student, and NASCAR champion Ben Rhodes", "Marcos Ambrose Motorsports expands to two cars in 2012", "Rhodes Joins Turner For Partial East Slate", "NASCAR Next a diverse, accomplished class", "Ben Rhodes to run partial Truck Series schedule", "Louisville's Rhodes top 10 in 1st NASCAR race", "NASCAR NEXT'S RHODES TO RUN XFINITY SERIES FOR JRM", "Louisville's Rhodes parting with JR Motorsports", "Ben Rhodes joins ThorSport Racing for 2016 Camping World Truck season", "Ben Rhodes 2016 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Results", "Ben Rhodes to remain with ThorSport for 2017 NASCAR Truck season", "Camping World Truck Series playoff field set; Bell captures regular-season crown", "Ben Rhodes holds off Christopher Bell in wild Trucks finish", "Ben Rhodes lands special home-state Truck Series win at Kentucky", "Ben Rhodes 2018 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Results", "No repeat win for Ben Rhodes at home track", "Rhodes & Dippel Come To Blows After Dirt Derby", "Ben Rhodes gets first career Daytona win in Truck series opener", "Ben Rhodes rallies past Hocevar, corrals Camping World Trucks win on Bristol dirt", "Zane Smith proves third time is charm by winning Truck Series title", "NASCAR Stars Swap Trucks for Mustang GT4s at Sebring", "Louisville driver Ben Rhodes chasing NASCAR dreams", "Ben Rhodes 2021 NASCAR Cup Series Results", "Ben Rhodes 2022 NASCAR Cup Series Results", "Ben Rhodes 2015 NASCAR Xfinity Series Results", "Ben Rhodes 2014 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Results", "Ben Rhodes 2017 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Results", "Ben Rhodes 2019 NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series Results", "Ben Rhodes 2020 NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series Results", "Ben Rhodes 2021 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Results", "Ben Rhodes 2022 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Results", "Ben Rhodes 2023 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Results", "Ben Rhodes 2013 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East Results", "Ben Rhodes 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East Results", "Ben Rhodes 2014 ARCA Racing Series Results", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ben_Rhodes_(racing_driver)&oldid=1149902716, This page was last edited on 15 April 2023, at 04:48. So podcasts and Spotify, man, I burn it up. Hes got all these water toys. [19] He finished the season eighth in points. My biggest thing that helped me get better over time was working on the skill to race smarter, but not harder. Youve never been somewhere before and youre trying to work the GPS, and I will have somebody honk at me. I still gotta get a little sleep every now and again. I enjoy spending that time with my son. Camping World Truck Series championship driver, Ben Rhodes and wife Caitlynn Rhodes pose on the red carpet prior to the NASCAR Champion's Banquet at. On a scale of one to 10, how good are you at replying to text messages in a timely manner? Earned first-career NXS pole position August 29th at Elkart Lake, WI. [15], Rhodes returned to ThorSport for the 2017 season with new crew chief Eddie Troconis and renumbered No. 2007 WKA Karting Family of the Year award winner. Won six Late Model Stock events across three tracks (Kingsport Speedway, Hickory Motor Speedway, and Greenville Pickens Speedway). CONCORD, N.C. (June 1, 2021) - Spire Motorsports announced today that NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Championship contender Ben Rhodes will make his . 12. November 6, 2021 Daniel McFadin. Choosing the harder right than wrong. That all goes back to the whole opportunity from ThorSport. It blew my mind how fun that side of racing is. [28], Rhodes is the son of Lori and Joe Rhodes. So do you accept the offer to go back and start over, or do you stay in the present? Im very happy with where Im at in my life. Up next: Ben Rhodes, the defending. It goes back to that whole old soul thing. The NASCAR champion has competed in numerous series and vehicles to climb the racing ladder. In December 2014, it was announced that Rhodes would move up to NASCAR's second-tier national series the Xfinity Series (formerly Busch and Nationwide) with JR Motorsports for 10 races in the 2015 season, sharing the No. (That was a) phenomenal experience. Bath time is actually a really great way to kill an hour or 30 minutes or however long theyll tolerate it. Getty If someone blatantly wrecked you to win a race, would you interrupt their celebration? I value it all a lot more now. After the 2012 season, Rhodes signed a deal with Turner Scott Motorsports to begin racing part-time in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East in 2013. So thats probably helped me the most learning how to race properly around people and really knowing where to invest your time and energy on the racetrack. If Im looking for directions, I need to pull over and try to work the GPS. He told me that constantly growing up, and he meant that with people and he meant that with work. Dippel, in return, directed an expletive-laced tirade at Rhodes and called it "cool" that Rhodes would miss the playoffs, which Rhodes indeed did. (Laughs) Or, Oh man, Im sorry I got a real bad case of diarrhea. (Laughs harder). So I probably would be doing HVAC right now. [26] Rhodes finished second at Phoenix and second in the standings.[27]. I know some people and this would be an awesome opportunity for me and you to do it together. Its tough to picture you being like, I cant even talk.. Tweets. But sometimes it comes out in other ways usually verbal.

Thomas Fowler Attorney, Did Michele Yelenic Get The Insurance Money, Clubs For 18 Year Olds In San Francisco, Articles B