browning cynergy feather 12 gauge

Rectangular locking pins provide extra strength and feature a Wear-In Relief that keeps the action tight. The most obvious change to the Cynergy was its avant-garde, racy styling. Owners agree that this revolutionary shotgun is something you have to experience for yourself. Browning The Cynergy Feathers gold-plated mechanical trigger is located inside an oversized, rakish trigger guard. This is supposed to be a super versatile gun. This factor, combined with the guns light weight, superb stock design and low-profile boxlock action, make the Cynergy a very natural-pointing gun thats great for getting on birds in a hurry. Since I shoot only light target, or light field loads anymore, I was wondering just how much recoil difference there would be between the two. I'm thinking about getting a Browning Cynergy, 20 gage feather - weight will be five pounds. It is an easy slide motion that is visual as well. Take it to a range and shoot it. Featured on target models, the adjustable Three Position Trigger lets the shooter set the trigger shoe in one of three positions to fine-tune finger-to-trigger reach. The reasoning behind this is to prevent the shooter from accidentally doubling under recoil. However, theyve been factory fitted to ensure the same trigger pull on both barrels. If Im reading this drawing correctly, that means on the left side of the gun. The shotgun swung and pointed naturally, in fact, so naturally that I have almost no recollection of pointing or aiming at my turkey just that spectacular attempt at a backflip that he made at the shot. The version I tested with 28-inch barrels weighed in right around 6 pounds (though that may vary slightly gun-to-gun because of wood density) and the 26-inch version weighs a couple ounces less. New Shooters Guide: What Is a Pistol Caliber Carbine? inched forward on toes and elbows, traversing a radically steep Idaho Would you like to visit Browning International? Drop applies to the vertical distance between the top of the rib and the top of the comb, and the raising or lowering of the comb to provide the ideal sight picture. Weight. Drop at comb: 1 5/8 inches. Browning Eventually, shooters came to appreciate the light, smooth-shooting Cynergy. 800-333-3288 | 801-876-2711. Shotgun, With the crisp trigger, speed and accuracy your targets will not have a chance. The top lever kicks to the side. The selector (#57) has to engage the trigger link (#90) with the fork in the link positioned over the selector. I'll be using this gun for Skeet, Trap, and Sporting Clays. The small end fits over the top-lever spring pin (#81A). Complete access to a library of digital back issues spanning years of Gun Dog magazine. All Rights Reserved. Without a doubt, the Browning Cynergy began as the most technologically advanced over and under shotgun available. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. If that's a little more than you want to spend on an old shotgun, the Browning Custom Shop still produces new ones on special order. One Browning Place Unfortunately, to remove the stop you first have to remove the spring, but theres no magic needed to do it. Browning Cynergy Feather Shotgun Specifications Action: Over/Under Gauge: 12 Chamber: 3-in. Striker released? Item Number018707479UPC023, Browning - Cynergy, O/U, 12ga. Keep your thumb behind each firing pin as you push out the cross pin. Okay, now insert a dummy round and close the action. Shop for the Browning Cynergy CX 12 Gauge Over and Under Shotgun with 30-Inch Barrel and have it delivered to you shipping free. Barrel Length: 26 in., 28 in. Browning introduced the Citori over-under shotgun in 1973, and it has become extremely popular among hunters and clay target shooters. At the other extreme, with very light one-ounce target loads, the Cynergy is a very soft-shooting gun suitable for just about anyoneeven young or small-statured shooters. Sign In Those 9 ounces will make a difference for some shooters and for anybody when the sun is on its way down. The Superposed remained top dog at Browning Arms until B.C. Wed been working these three particular turkeys for over an hour now, and while they would occasionally gobble in response to guide Marc Warnkes seductive purrs and yelps, they refused to give up their position on the steep canyon wall. This feature cuts way down on pins getting stuck in spent primers. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. All Local Sales are FREE. The Cynergy model I used was the Wicked Wing Mossy Oak Bottom Lands. In reassembly, it must be put back where it came from. SKU. Morgan, UT 84050 This website contains many older reviews. Because you can choose the 26 or 28 length so your weight can change as well as what stock you choose. Open the action and check the chamber. It is easy to use, quick and light for any age range and body build. And it aint real easy working against that spring. Home Products Firearms Shotguns Cynergy Filters Refine results by selecting filters below Reset Filters All Shotguns Use Type Gauge/Bore Barrel Length Stock Barrel Finish Price Sort by: Brownings crowning achievementthe Superposedwas designed shortly before the great inventors death in 1926. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Responsive. All of these features with the ease of use make this shotgun worth the investment. It may have less than my Beretta 391 auto. The Browning Arms Co. has put another winner on the market. Miroku and sold by Browning. Three interchangeable choke tubes round out the package, (full, modified, improved cylinder). When positioning the cross member (#43), its clearance cut must face upward and the hole in the face of part must be to the rear. It features the, Guns Listing ID: 636163The lowprofile Cynergy is an experience in over and under shotguns with performance recoil control speed and reliability that you must shoot to fully appreciate. Despite a name change and factory relocation in the late twentieth century, the modern Citori looks and operates much like the original John Browning-designed Superposed that first drew American hunters to stack barrel shotguns. Over the years, the Cynergy has evolved. Certain models feature an adjustable comb to customize stock dimensions such as cast and drop. Great again. Theres more going on inside than with your average rifle, pistol, or revolver, and there are more parts interacting with others to make the weapon work. You should press it in a few times to ensure its freedom of movement. All accessories, ppwk and chokes included. You have entered an incorrect email address! Slip the springs on the rods. This item is no longer available for purchase . 28 inch barrels and inch chamber. Does anybody have one? $1,829.99. For clays go with the heavier gun. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. $1,749.99. The ejector assemblies (parts #7, 8, 9, 17, and 18) are removed to the rear as units. The shotgun is lightweight, well balanced, carries pleasantly, and comes to the shoulder nicely. Browning Cynergy Overall rating: 80% Browning Cynergy Pros: Styling, the trigger mechanism, the action layout, and the price Product: Browning Cynergy shotgun review Manufacturer: Browning Price as reviewed: 1,400.00 (Second-hand ) TAGS: Browning Sporter Sporting Gun Release date: 2004 Weight: 7lb Browning 12 Gauge Shotguns The Browning 12 gauge shotgun for sale includes models like the A-Bolt, Citori, BT-99, Maxus, BPS, A5, Cynergy, and so many more in the barrel lengths and wood or camo configurations you need, so finding the one right for you is straightforward and easy. Cynergy shotguns feature chrome chambers for increased durability, corrosion resistance and easier cleaning. Steel inserts are placed in the alloy receiver at the breech face and hinge surfaces to retain long-term durability. If this was a rifle, the next item to be addressed would be the primary sear. Manage Settings Its bedded in with a proprietary compound before the screws are added. Browning Cynergy Field Walnut/Blued 12 Gauge 3in Over Under Shotgun - 28in This is a mint Browning Cynergy Field that has the original box and accessories, and has only been shot 200 rounds. The Cynergy is available in 12-guage, and in 26, 28, and 30-inch barrel lengths, and weighs 7lbs 6 oz. I don't hunt anymore due to physical restrictions, but I still enjoy all of the clay sports. Install the safety spring, place the index ball over it, and depress both. Browning Citori CXS White 20/28 GA Combo 30" 3" O/U Shotgun. A floating rib prevents point of impact shifts caused by barrel heating as it allows the rib and barrel to expand independently. So we did what any serious turkey hunter would do; we put the belly-crawl on them. Impact Ejectors are aided by a secondary striker spring for positive, reliable ejection of fired hulls from the chambers. In the Cynergy, the sear links (#54) amount to the same thing. It applies pressure to the trigger-bar disconnector (#87) that does likewise to the rocker(s) to take pressure off the firing pins when the action is opened. The screws (#46) securing both locking pins are Allen heads, 3/32-inch English thread, and held in place with a mild thread-locking compound. The original Cynergy has a futuristic recoil pad that curved into a cutout in the stock and was said to reduce recoil by about 20 percent. Regardless, Ill discuss why an adjustable comb is advantageous and how to adjust the one thats available on the Cynergy. The Cynergy LFW felt great overall and oh so light. It also changed the look of Brownings over/unders and made some traditionalists cross. Menu. We are not in need of another shotgun, and would like to sell it. The Cynergy looked different than the Citori, but it also shot differently. Ill add another piece of advice to that of the old-timer: On Cynergy adjustables, merely loosen the comb-adjusting screw (G) by inserting an Allen wrench into the hole in the comb when moving the piece vertically. As I did in the past with the Citori, Ive decided to devote a separate article to timing Cynergy ejectors rather than include the information here. From the outset, it was designed to be sleeker, lighter, and very compact,- so low that it's the lowest profile over and under 12 gauge you can get your hands on. It features, Browning Cenergy Classic Trap grade 1, 32" Excellent in box, Browning 725 Pro Sporting, 20ga, 32" new in box 0180027009, Browning Cynergy Wicked Wing Mossy Oak Bottom Land MOBL 30" 3.5" #018719203, Browning Cynergy Wicked Wing Mossy Oak Bottom Land Max 7 28" 3.5" 018729204, Browning Cynergy Wicked Wings 12ga/26" INV+ Vintage Tan Camo 3 1/2" Chamber. The aluminum receiver helps cut weight off the over/under by one pound, keeping the overall weight to just over six pounds. Look at the sub-drawing at the top of the schematic on page 5. Receivers (except Feather models) are machined from steel and feature either a traditional blued finish or a silver nitride finish that offers improved wear resistance, increased fatigue strength and added protection against corrosion. Its an added safety feature against an accidental discharge if the gun is dropped, so leave the stop and trigger as is. It comes in a 12, 20, 28, .410 gauge. The Cynergy feather has very little recoil maybe less than my other field guns. I own other Brownwing O/Us and they are fine this one isnt!! Browning We will trade for silver and gold. The look says, "you need to pick me up and take me out the range." The left striker (#67) and right striker (#70) will move to the rear. 800-333-3288 | 801-876-2711, Lightweight, low profile alloy receiver with steel breech face and hinge surfaces, Three Position Trigger with one trigger shoe, Three extended Midas Grade choke tubes (F, M, IC), Ideal for hunting and all clay targets sports, Impact Ejectors for quick clearance of fired hulls, Chrome chambers for increased durability, corrosion resistance, and easier cleaning, Lightweight profile, ventilated top, and side ribs, Reverse Striker Ignition System offers a trigger pull with a crisp break with minimal overtravel. The Browning Cynergy is most advanced over-under shotgun available. May I first say that I own and have worked up loads for my 375 and 470 Nitro double rifles as well as a 416 Rigby and 375 H&H bolt guns so recoil sensitive I aint. ahead of him along the rocky slope. Retract the guard screw with several turns but not all the way out, then pull the guard to the rear and it drops free. Synth, Guns Listing ID: 429237Available in a variety of barrel lengths and gauges the Browning Cynergy Field is an overunder 12-gauge shotgun. One Browning Place The sear springs (#56) will remain in the links. . A small tool employed as a lever under the spring will start it up and on its way to out. Browning Cynergy Feather CX, 12ga, 30" brand new in box 018724303, new CYNERGY CX 12/28 3 INVECTOR+ INVECTOR+ CHOKES new in box, new CYNERGY WW VINTAGE 12/28 3.5# WICKED WING VINTAGE TAN new in box, 7690 Browning Cynergy Classic Sporting, Screw in Chokes (LM,IC, MOD, Full), Ported Barrels, MFG 2010, 99% Condition, ANIB7690 Browning Cynergy Class, Browning Cynergy Wicked Wing 12 Gauge Vintage Tan, BROWNING CYNERGY CLASSIC FIELD GRADE 3, 12GA, 28", NEW IN BOX, BROWNING CYNERGY WICKED WING REALTREE MAX 5 12GA 28" 2019 SHOT SHOW SPECIAL. The firing pins (#21) are spring loaded (#22) and are interchangeable from one barrel to the other. That adds weight and increases the height of the receiver, so Brownings engineers decided to switch to an innovative new Monolock hinge that has dual lumps that fit into channels in the Monolock. Back-Bored Technology is standard on A5, Maxus, BT-99 and on 12 and 20 gauge Citori 725, Citori, Cynergy, BPS and Silver models. Vortex Razor HD Gen III 6-36x56 FFP Review, Full Review! 7lbs 10 oz., depending on barrel length. Take another look at the top-lever spring. Unfired shells are elevated for easy removal. 3 factory chokes. Prior to installing the firing pins, take note of their rear notches. I am not sure what happened in this thread. Hey Cynergy guysfinal question. Id recommend against using a plain-blade driver for fear it might slip off the bolt head slot and fracture the stock. My grandfather and father owned Brownings, and when I was young and in search of my first real bird gun, I was only interested in firearms that bore the Buckmark logo. All such springs are murderously heavy and this one does double duty. It has to be the fit of the gun I am an A Class Sporting Clays shooter who shoots 300-500 rounds a day at some tournaments and I shoot a 30 Cynergy Sporting and its the best balanced shotgun Ive owned (and Ive owned some $5,000+ German ones). or start your online account, Already a subscriber? Part #77 may not. For starters, the forearm is wider and flatter than the Citori and the Cynergy is equipped with a subtle Schnabel fore-end. This all-purpose shotgun features three interchangeable chokes f, Guns Listing ID: 698911A shotgun designed specifically for the most serious competition trap shooters. The detailed disassembly instructions Im about to share with you came from one of the engineers who designed it. ! I know I would be if I was reading what I wrote, but I didnt mention that I have a Mossberg 835 3 1/2 mag pump and it treats me much more kindly than the Browning. The larger end engages the top-lever spring stop (#82). My contact at browning does it by removing the bit from a MagNaTip driver, using the bit-receptacle end of the driver to help locate the stop over its slot by forcing it forward, and then pushing the part into place. The insert (E) is mounted to the comb by twin screws (F). There are other lengths of barrel depending on the gun as well. This is a shot gun used for clay shooting to small game hunting. Depress them and cover their hole in the lever until you can insert the lever far enough into the receiver to block the hole. The Citori, introduced in 1973, also featured a box-lock action, a single selective trigger, and automatic ejectors. Light. While the lower tension-adjustment screw (#75A) is a set screw assigned the job of tightening the bracket, once its tight the upper screw wearing the same number keeps it tight. It has to be in that position when put back into the receiver or theres no clearance for a firing pin to pass by. Weacceptpersonal check, an, Browning Cynergy Wicked Wings 12ga/26" INV+ Vintage Tan Camo 3 1/2" Chamber -- Vintage Tan camo stock and forend, burt bronze cerakote finish on the receiver and barrels, 3 1/2" magnum chamber. Great. I agree 100% with the above comments. Performance & security by Cloudflare. The button is retained by two pins (#59). In the receiver. Description Browning 28 Ga. Cynergy Feather w/28" Vent Rib Barrel/Gloss Walnut Stock THE CYNERGY TAKES LOW-PROFILE TO ITS LOWEST LEVELS EVER. The MonoLock Hinge is the integration of the monoblock and the hinge and this combination has up to 300% more surface area to pivot on than traditional trunnion-style hinges. Store. It is vertically adjusted for drop by backing off the adjustment screw (G) with a 4mm Allen wrench thats inserted through a hole in the comb (N/A). Remove any shells. Unique editorial written exclusively for premium members. Back-Bored Technology specifications minimize shot deformation and maximize pattern uniformity, consistency and density. It features the, Guns Listing ID: 507899The lowprofile Cynergy is an experience in over and under shotguns with performance recoil control speed and reliability that you must shoot to fully appreciate. The trigger-guard screw remains in the receiver along with the selector pole (#60). With its fair share of levers, screws, rods, springs, and pins, the Cynergy is well up near the top of the complexity scale. The action was pleasantly tight and empty hulls ejected with gusto. Text/call with questions. Older versions of the Cynergy carried two small points on the trigger itself to catch strikers. The left one wears a distinct bump to interact with the cam in the top lever. Browning One Browning Place Morgan, UT 84050 800-333-3288 | 801-876-2711 . And finally, hand the shotgun back to its owner along with a tidy bill for services rendered. Continue with Recommended Cookies. I was also looking at these as well as the 525 Field and feather. Overall Length: 45 in. 0 Cart. However, 42 states have fall turkey seasons that give hunters another opportunity to bag a turkey. I went and personally handled the 12gauge 28" Cynergy Featherlight and a Citori 12 gauge 525 Field 28" barrel at the gun store today. Okay, you begin with the action closed. Oil-finish walnut stock, with schnabel fore-end. Fortunately, however, timing is much simpler with the Cynergy than with the Citori. All this security supposedly prevents recoil damage to the bushing. You can back out the spring-stop screw (#83) if you have a 2.5mm Allen wrench handy. All Cynergy shotguns feature the same fit, finish and quality that makes Browning shotgu, Guns Listing ID: 378177is the integration of the monobloc and the hinge, and has up to 300% more surface area to pivot on than traditional trunnion-style hinges. All alloy Cynergy receivers are stamped Feather.. Go with a Cynergy Sporting. Cloudflare Ray ID: 7c0af138ae79214f Our family won a 12 gauge Browning Cynergy CX Feather O/U in a 4-H county shoot raffle over the weekend. Cynergy shotguns feature a 60/40 POI that is preferred when a target presentation can come from anywhere, like a clay target soaring above or a pheasant erupting from the brush. The double barrel of the Cynergy has a blued matte finish that is durable and clean. Among the. Lightweight alloy receiver with steel breech face, satin finish Grade I walnut, three extended Midas Grade choke tubes included. Includes ventilated top and side ribs, Grade I walnut stock with satin finish, three Invector-Plus Mid, BROWNING CYNERGY WICKED WING REALTREE MAX 5 12GA 28" 2019 SHOT Show Special Special gun for a special hunter. Click the link below and check out the 28 Ga Society! Comes, Guns Listing ID: 597134The lowprofile Cynergy is an experience in over and under shotguns with performance recoil control speed and reliability that you must shoot to fully appreciate. Both left and right rockers (#48) are interchangeable. Those patents covered automatic, semi-automatic, lever, and pump actions. yards above our position. Thats the top-lever disconnector (#77). Get everything Gun Dog has to offer. Browning's MSRP is $2,399 and Cabela's lists the gun at $2,099, but we'll offer an Aggie discount. Looks are subjective, but Ive yet to meet a shooter who didnt appreciate the Cynergys feel and handling. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. The standard 12 gauge has a barrel of 28 inches in matte blued metal. I know, I know, right about now youre thinking What a wuss! (tested) Weight: 6 lbs., 12 oz. It will bea better gun for what you want it for. A stubborn stock can be encouraged by using the heel of your hand to bump the pistol grip upward and wobbling it from side to side as you simultaneously tug on the back end. The stock is now tilting up and is at chest level. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Sign In or start your online account. The striker stop has had height added to it and assumed the responsibility. The add weight will be a god sent after 50 rounds. It appears that you are accessing the Browning Website from outside North America. The 1-1/2" thick Inflex recoil paduses directional deflection to sendthe comb down and away from theface, reducing felt recoil for greater shooting comfort and allowing faster,more accurate follow-up shots. You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. If it were free to turn, firing one side could put enough pressure on the other side to double the gun. The weight is light enough the younger person or a smaller framed female would have no problem using the Cynergy. Now close the action. Gun is 95% plus pverall and only show light use. the recoil with 7/8 oz target loads is no different than my 12-gauge shooting 1 1/8 oz target loads. Grasp the barrels, pivot them downward and detach them from the receiver. Our family won a 12 gauge Browning Cynergy CX Feather O/U in a 4-H county shoot raffle over the weekend. Traditionally styled version of Cynergy Sporting. Note: parts #8 are rivets, and replacements will be required if theyre taken out. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Gun Tests has been independently reviewing firearms since 1989. Feel a little, hard lump? The Cynergy may be a nice turkey gun but the plastic stocked 32 inch barreled version is the worst balanced wing shooting gun that Ive ever shot. ground, he slid his shotgun one of Brownings new over/under Cynergys The recoil-pad screws (#47) on newer Cynergys have holes located immediately over them. It appears that you are accessing the Browning Website from outside North America. I almost lost the gun which flipped up and to the right even though I was holding it tightly to my shoulder with both hands of course it hit the target and would have killed the turkey all I had to do was survive it. One Browning Place Weacceptpersonal check, any certified funds, Venmo o, Guns Listing ID: 434964The low-profile Cynergy is an experience in over and under shotguns with performance, recoil control, speed and reliability that you must shoot to fully appreciate. so much so, that Im going to buy a new one as a spare. The mass has a roll pin (#39) attaching it to the trigger link (#90). Firearm safety is a priority for the Browning Company as well as with its users. At this point, youve taken out all striker components from the back of the receiver, and can move on to the locking pins (#44 and 45).

Terry Hughes Northern Ireland, Royal Dublin Fusiliers Records, How Does Glacial Evidence Support Continental Drift, Smoke Vent Control Panel Beeping, St Michael's Primary School Bracknell, Articles B