charles woodson hall of fame speech transcript

The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. Watch highlights of new Raiders quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo. Watch as quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo signs his contract and gives a special message to Raider Nation. I call bullshit," he said. Head inside the Las Vegas Raiders Headquarters to get an exclusive look inside of the 2023 NFL Draft war room. *Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for \"fair use\" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. I grew up an hour and a half west of here in Fremont, Ohio, Woodson said. Watch as former tight end Raymond Chester discusses being selected by the Raiders in the 1970 NFL Draft. NFL players are supposed to be some of the toughest guys there are. "Here we are, 18 years both of us in the NFL, Heisman Trophy candidates together, we played each other multiple times. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Breaking down Notre Dame Fighting Irish tight end Michael Mayer's college highlights. This is for entertainment purposes only.Live from Android using Streamlabs! Representatives with Packers ties included Charles Woodson, James Lofton, Dave Robinson, Ron Wolf, and Jan Stenerud. Watch the best throws from Alabama quarterback Bryce Young's pro day ahead of the 2023 NFL Draft. Overall, he ranks fifth in NFL history with 65 interceptions and second with 11 interceptions returned for touchdowns. Pro Football Hall of Famer Charles Woodson was honored during halftime of the Packers-Rams game on Sunday, Nov. 28, 2021. So, when I say, When I go in, we all go in, I mean that from the bottom of my heart.. Single-parent household, Woodson said. Retired San Francisco 49ers linebacker Patrick Willis, who was selected to seven Pro Bowls and five First-Team All-Pro squads in eight NFL seasons, has been named a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2023. His mantra, repeated several times throughout the speech, was without you I would not be here. "Willie Brown was a guy who made sure that you understood what it meant to be a Raider. The defensive tackle was a member of the National Team in the Reese's Senior Bowl, coached by Raiders defensive coordinator Patrick Graham. Watch the best throws from Ohio State quarterback C.J. Watch as former cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha tells his draft story from the call from Al Davis to his dorm going crazy after hearing his name. 231 overall pick. That's where the respect and the love comes from because I tried to give them whatever I had.". Dealing with COVID, shes fighting, Woodson said. Listen to Hall of Fame inductee and former Raiders and Green Bay Packers defensive back Charles Woodson's full speech at the Pro Football HOF Class of 2021 enshrinement ceremony. We were national champions together. Watch highlights from new Raiders defensive tackle Nesta Jade Silvera. He said his passion and work ethic came from her. And he was a first-ballot choice for the 2021 Hall of Fame class. The final speaker of the night, Charles Woodson, spoke at length about the love and respect his has for his mother, Georgia, who also served as his presenter. Analysts around the media give their first impressions of the Silver and Black's 2023 draft. Build your customFanSided Daily email newsletter with news and analysis onGreen Bay Packers and all your favorite sports teams, TV shows, and more. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. *Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for \"fair use\" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. The fourth overall pick of the 1998 NFL Draft, Woodson stepped into the Oakland Raiders' starting lineup immediately. From being Ohios Mr. Football in high school to the Heisman winner in college to NFL Defensive Player of the Year and a Super Bowl champ, Woodson said it was done together with teammates, coaches and trainers. Watch as Hall of Famer and Raiders legend Charles Woodson details being selected by the Raiders in the 1998 NFL Draft. Here's everything you need to know. I love you., PEYTON MANNING:Hall of Fame QB sneaks in joke about Tom Brady, CALVIN JOHNSON:Megatron thanks Lions fans, touts plant-based medicine in Hall of Fame speech. Woodson was one of eight men inducted Sunday as the 2021 Hall class. Watch as Head Coach Josh McDaniels teams up with Nike to donate equipment to Las Vegas high school football programs. His sister, he said, is battling COVID. Please do not block. (Syndication: Canton Repository). NFL Network's Jim Trotter details how first-year eligible players making it into the Pro Football Hall of Fame create a 'backlog' of great players waiting to get inducted into Canton. Former Cleveland Browns left tackle Joe Thomas reacts to being named to the 2023 Pro Football Hall of Fame. Former Packers cornerbacks Charles Woodson and Al Harris were honored as 2020 inductees into the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame. I call bull----. Retired Miami Dolphins linebacker Zach Thomas, who was named to seven Pro Bowls and five First-Team All-Pro squads, has been named one of the 15 finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2023. Its where I picked up my first pair of cleats to play this great game that we play. The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. Pro Football Hall of Famer Charles Woodson was selected to four consecutive Pro Bowls (2008-11) while with the Packers and led the league in interceptions in 2009 and 2011. Charles Woodson-owned winery partners with Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement order, presenters announced for Pro Football Hall of Fame classes Cleveland memories: Pro Football. Former Dallas Cowboys linebacker Chuck Howley receives Hall of Fame door knock from Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback Roger Staubach. In a emotionally charged speech,. I cherish those moments, man, those last couple of years playing in Oakland, representing the Silver and Black and showing those guys what it meant to be an Oakland Raider, what it meant to go out there each and every day no matter the circumstance, no matter whether we were up or down, whether we started off 0-9, which we did one year. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Watch as content creator Franky Mostro announces the Raiders' selection of Maryland cornerback Jakorian Bennett in Round 4 of the 2023 NFL Draft. On this date in 2021, Raiders legend Charles Woodson was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Woodson's 18-year pro career included him becoming the only player in NFL history with at least 50 interceptions and 20 sacks. But choked up as he was as the final inductee of Sundays ceremony in Canton, Ohio, it still carried the same dignity and grace he displayed during his seven Hall-of-Fame-clinching seasons with the Green Bay Packers. Watch highlights from new Raiders cornerback Jakorian Bennett. He was drafted No. When the moment's real, it's real. https://goo.gl/Mf1TqVLive from Android using Streamlabs! Tampa Bay Buccaneers legendary cornerback Ronde Barber receives Hall of Fame door knock from former teammate and Hall of Fame linebacker Derrick Brooks. This is for entertainment purposes only. Raiders host Amber Theoharis is joined by analysts James Jones and Eric Allen to preview the upcoming 2023 NFL Draft. 1 and No. 135 overall pick via a trade with the New England Patriots. I remember we would wrestle as kids and fight, you would hold me down, and you would make that fist and put your knuckle out and just hit me in the same place until my skin would raise, and Id have to sit there and endure that pain. The two were the No. ALL RIGHTS BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS*NOTE: Thank you for watching! You hear people say a woman cant raise a man. I watched her everyday as a child, get up, work her fingers to the bone to make sure she provided for our family. Watch as new Raiders quarterback Jimmy Garappolo tours his new home, Allegiant Stadium. It is highly recommended that you use the latest versions of a supported browser in order to receive an optimal viewing experience. Tennessee Vols football legend Peyton Manning is getting inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Sunday in Canton, Ohio. Woodson was selected by the Raiders in the first round of the 1998 NFL Draft after winning the Heisman Trophy at the University of Michigan. 2023 by the Las Vegas Raiders. I think I lost a bet, he continued after a pause. We were Heisman Trophy winners together. General Manager Dave Ziegler addresses the media to recap the 2023 NFL Draft. 78K views, 3.7K likes, 1.6K loves, 188 comments, 1.3K shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Las Vegas Raiders: "Love everyone, give everything, never doubt." Charles Woodson can give a helluva speech.. Raiders.com's Eddie Paskal is joined by cornerback Nate Hobbs to discuss his mindset for Year 3, defensive coordinator Patrick Graham, his confidence and more. But he spent most of his 10 minutes talking about his family, including his wife, April; sister, Shannon; and brother, Terry Carter. He made 1,220 career tackles and scored 11 defensive touchdowns. Woodson gets inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame - only 129 miles away from where he was born. Watch highlights from new Raiders safety Christopher Smith II. Former Kansas City Chiefs and Minnesota Vikings defensive end Jared Allen named one of 15 finalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2023. He also talked about his sister, Shannon, who unlike Terry Carter was not in attendance. And while singing might not be one of them, that didn't stop him from serenading his mother at the beginning of his Hall of Fame induction speech. And then when I turned around and I saw my two boys, my wife and my mom standing there, in your mind you immediately start running back all of the time spent at your craft and being able to get to that moment and what it takes to get there.". In 2006, he left Oakland for Wisconsin, helping Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers rise to a Super Bowl victory in 2011. We in the Hall of Fame, baby.. Your favorite teams, topics, and players all on your favorite mobile devices. Listen to Raiders legend Charles Woodson's full speech at the Pro Football Hall of Fame enshrinement ceremony. After a fun-filled Hall of Fame weekend, parade and. https://goo.gl/Mf1TqVDISCLAIMER - All clips property of the owner. The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. Former Green Bay Packers safety LeRoy Butler gets inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio on Aug. 6, 2022. 231 overall pick. Watch the best throws from Kentucky quarterback Will Levis' pro day ahead of the 2023 NFL Draft. "GMFB" discusses who stands out among 2023 Pro Football Hall of Fame class. HENDERSON, Nev. -- Charles Woodson was a young player doing young player things when he first entered the NFL, a Heisman Trophy-winning No. Single-parent household. MORE:Hall of Famer Charles Woodson a leader forPackers both on and off the field, MORE: Rain curtails Family Night fireworks but fans still have fun, MORE: Packers GM calls Devin Funchess' slur 'very unacceptable''. From the back end of the defense to outside the lines on the offense, hear from the Raiders' newest free agent additions. Charles Woodson and Al Harris attended a cocktail party at Lambeau Field to honor their upcoming induction into the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame. Former Raider Brice Butler discusses the Silver and Black in Vegas, his career post-football and more. Head Coach Josh McDaniels discusses the start of the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine, building depth for the future, the secondary and more. Raider Nation Radio Q Myers is joined by General Manager Dave Ziegler to discuss the upcoming draft, the moves in free agency, running back Josh Jacobs and more. For myself, my brother and my sister. (NFL | Charles Woodson FULL Hall of Fame Speech | 2021 Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony) Charles Woodson is inducted into Canton, and here is his HOF speech as he. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use. Get a behind-the-scenes look as General Manager Dave Ziegler calls rookie defensive tackle Bryon Young to personally welcome him to the Silver and Black. When [Pro Football Hall of Fame President] David Baker comes up, you know what that all means," Woodson said. Former Dallas Cowboys and Denver Broncos linebacker Demarcus Ware receives Hall of Fame door knock from Cowboys' owner Jerry Jones. Here's everything you need to know. Watch highlights from new Raiders tight end Michael Mayer. Cornerback Brandon Facyson discusses his return to the Silver and Black, Patrick Graham's defense, reuniting with former teammates and more. If Woodsons mom gets to take credit for his passion and hard work, then the NFL should thank her for the gift she gave the league. His name is in the NFL history books among the top five in career interceptions (65), pick-sixes (11) and passes defended (183). Former New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis receives Hall of Fame door knock from Pro Football Hall of Fame cornerback Ty Law. "I get to celebrate that for eternity and what an unbelievable experience it's going to be that night. Charles Woodson provided one of the most heartwarming moments of the 2021 NFL Hall of Fame induction ceremony by singing to his mom. Get a behind-the-scenes look as General Manager Dave Ziegler calls rookie wide receiver Tre Tucker to tell him he is a Raider. Momma, you know I love you. Aug 08, 2021 at 06: . Charles Woodson officially inducted into Pro Football Hall of Fame. But once you go through life, you go through your own journey, and life throws its obstacles at you, when you turn 35, 40 years old, youll begin to understand why a grown man would stand up here and cry., He added: "Love your mother the way that I love mine.". Watch newly signed wide receiver Jakobi Meyers' best plays during his first four seasons in the NFL. No portion of this site may be reproduced without the express written permission of the Las Vegas Raiders. A guy who really was a trendsetter when it comes to football players and kind of changing the game.". Partway through his speech, Woodson sang a verse from A Song For Mama from Boyz II Men. Learn more about Raiderette Rookie of the Year Lexie and what she loves about living in Las Vegas. Among his accomplishments as a cornerback and later a safety with the Packers was winning the award as the NFL's defensive player of the year in 2009, being named first-team All-Pro twice (2009 and '11) and winning a Super Bowl in the 2010 season. Photos: LeRoy Butler gives long-awaited Hall of Fame speech, unveils bust. In 2009 he was named NFL Defensive Player of the Year by The Associated Press and earned All-Pro and Pro Bowl honors. Recollections of her phone calls on the way to practice brought him to tears. 4 overall pick of the 1998 draft by the Raiders. The Pro Football Hall of Fame has released the official time and lineup for the Class of 2021 Enshrinement Ceremony. Love everyone, give everything, never doubt, build your legend, Woodson said at the end of his speech. Watch highlights from new Raiders linebacker Amari Burney. 2023 www.packersnews.com. Watch as tackle Thayer Munford Jr. discusses his draft night experience. Head inside the Las Vegas Raiders Headquarters to get an exclusive look inside of the 2023 NFL Draft war room. You hear people say a woman cant raise a man. Woodson is the first player in NFL history to record 60 interceptions and 20 sacks. Raiders host Amber Theoharis is joined by analysts James Jones and Eric Allen to preview the 2023 NFL Draft and dive into their own mock drafts. It don't get no better than that.". 2023 by the Las Vegas Raiders. "So, it's a great honor to go into the Hall of Fame with one of the best to ever do it. Your love is like tears from the stars, Woodson sang, choking up. No one should expect to make money from the picks and predictions discussed on this website. August 5, 2021 Take a look back at photos of Woodson's career in the Silver and Black. I love my mama, man. Former Indianapolis Colts and New York Jets defensive lineman Joe Klecko named a finalist for Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2023. Watch the 2023 NFL Draft on NFL Network, ABC and ESPN from April 27-29. My brother, my rabbit who I was chasing as a child, you built for this game through tough love, Woodson said. Take a look back at photos of Butler during his 12 seasons with the Green Bay Packers. Woodson shared that wisdom in his second stint with the Raiders from 2013-15 an experience he said was unlike any other as fans and the team welcomed him back with open arms. The things we were able to accomplish, Woodson said before telling the fans to keep standing. We did this together. Former Packers defensive back Charles Woodson reflected on his life and professional football career during a heartfelt speech on Aug. 8, 2021. On this date in 1998, the Raiders selected Michigan defensive back Charles Woodson with the fourth overall pick. . ALL RIGHTS BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS*NOTE: Thank you for watching! Former Raider Charles Woodson's enshrinement in the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Sunday will mark the culmination of an entire life of hard work. 2023 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Satellite Information Network, LLC. Mama, mama, you know I love you. Throughout my career, I can remember getting calls from my sister, periodically, whether I riding down the 880 freeway in Oakland or Lombardi Avenue in Green Bay, Woodson said. Pro Football Hall of Famer Charles Woodson was selected to four consecutive Pro Bowls (2008-11) while with the . Defensive tackle Nesta Jade Silvera addresses the media following being drafted by the Silver and Black in the 2023 NFL Draft. It is highly recommended that you use the latest versions of a supported browser in order to receive an optimal viewing experience. Look no further than my mama to find out where I get it from. Sirius XM NFL Radio co-host Jim Miller discusses the Silver and Black. It began with him singing a love song to his mother, and presenter, Georgia. Watch highlights of new Raiders wide receiver Jakobi Meyers. NFL players are supposed to be some of the toughest guys. The following browsers are supported: Chrome, Edge (v80 and later), Firefox and Safari. No copyright infringement intended. General Manager Dave Ziegler and Assistant General Manager Champ Kelly address the media to recap Round 1 of the 2023 NFL Draft and discuss selecting defensive end Tyree Wilson. Hall of Famer Charles Woodson previews Steelers vs. Cowboys game Woodson, an Ohio native, weighs in on the first preseason game from the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He went on a four-year run of Pro Bowl nods with the Raiders from 1998-01. Get to know wide receiver Phillip Dorsett. The emotions and tears poured out of the former Raiders and Packers cornerback during his 10-minute speech at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium. No copyright infringement is intended, all videos are edited to follow the \"Free Use\" guideline of YouTube. Listen to Raiders legend Charles Woodson's full speech at the Pro Football Hall of Fame enshrinement ceremony. Watch as Jan Thomas, representing the American Cancer Society, announces the Raiders' selection of Purdue's quarterback Aidan O'Connell in Round 4 of the 2023 NFL Draft with the No. 7 overall pick by the Las Vegas Raiders. This is the second straight year in which Willis has been named a finalist for Canton. 4 overall by the Oakland Raiders in 1998 and immediately made his mark on the league as a Pro Bowl selection and AP Defensive Rookie of the Year. He holds franchise records for the most touchdowns on interceptions (nine) and the most defensive touchdowns (10). Green Bay Packers news fromFanSided Daily, Rockets should be very excited about Jalen Green after Summer League debut, LiAngelo Ball was a flamethrower in his Summer League debut (Video), Josh Allen extension puts pressure on Ravens, Jon Gruden's leash and more, Neither Aaron Rodgers Nor Deshaun Watson Will Play in the Packers-Texans Game, Packers: Brian Gutekunst comes down hard on Devin Funchess for racist comments, Davante Adams fully jumped over a police officer at Packers camp (Video), Packers: Devin Funchess apologizes for using racist term in press conference. Former player Devin Hester named one of 15 finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2023. This is the fourth straight year in which Thomas has been named a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. All advice, including picks and predictions, is based on individual commentators opinions and not that of Minute Media or its related brands. He watched her "work her fingers to the bone" to provide for him, his brother and sister. Follow The Repository's Josh Weiron Twitter@jweirREP. 4 overall picks of the 1998 NFL Draft and have met on the field multiple times across their storied careers. On this episode of "Behind The Shield," a new era under center begins with moves made to prepare the Silver and Black for the 2023 season. Charles Woodson's full Hall of Fame speech Listen to Hall of Fame inductee and former Raiders and Green Bay Packers defensive back Charles Woodson's full speech at the Pro Football HOF. The Las Vegas Raiders select defensive tackle Nesta Jade Silvera in Round 7 of the 2023 NFL Draft with the No. It is highly recommended that you use the latest versions of a supported browser in order to receive an optimal viewing experience. 100 overall pick via a trade with the New York Giants. Maryland cornerback Jakorian Bennett runs the 40-yard dash at the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine. Charles Woodson receives Hall of Fame honors at Packers' Lambeau Field | FOX SPORTS FOX Sports 51K views 1 year ago Charles Woodson ULTIMATE Ballhawk Career Highlights! Mama, mama, youre the queen of my heart. Raiders' star defensive back Charles Woodson will be the seventh and final speaker. Wide receiver Phillip Dorsett discusses signing with the Raiders in free agency, his familiarity with the offense, Allegiant Stadium and more. It is highly recommended that you use the latest versions of a supported browser in order to receive an optimal viewing experience. Without you, I am not here.. 2023 NFL Enterprises LLC. The Raiders GM expressed his excitement to move forward with their new draft class. All betting content is intended for an audience ages 21+. Among the eight inductees, two Raiders legends in defensive back Charles . The ceremony was delayed one year due to COVID-19. Raiders analyst Eric Allen talks with defensive end Tyree Wilson about joining the Silver and Black, learning from the veterans and more. NFL Network's Bucky Brooks reacts to defensive end Tyree Wilson being drafted by the Raiders. Watch highlights from new Raiders defensive tackle Nesta Jade Silvera. Former Chicago Bears and Dallas Cowboys linebacker Chuck Howley named a finalist for Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2023. Watch as guard Dylan Parham discusses his draft night experience. No portion of this site may be reproduced without the express written permission of the Las Vegas Raiders. Nine players heard their names called by the Las Vegas Raiders. Family and close friends from his hometown of Fremont, Ohio were a central theme for Woodson on Sunday night. While Charles Woodson has always been a stoic force on the field, the moment he found out he was going to be inducted in the Hall of Fame, his emotions came flooding out. General Manager Dave Ziegler discusses the upcoming 2023 NFL Draft, the cornerback position, his mindset and more. Watch highlights from new Raiders quarterback Aidan O'Connell. Woodson, who spent 11 seasons with the Raiders and seven with Green Bay, where he won a Super Bowl, had 65 interceptions and also was a dynamic punt returner. Charles Woodsons induction speech into the Pro Football Hall of Fame didnt have the unfailing poise he showed as an NFL star. Defensive tackle Nesta Jade Silvera addresses the media following being drafted by the Silver and Black in the 2023 NFL Draft. Safety Marcus Epps discusses joining the Raiders and much more on "NFL Now.". NFL Network's Jim Trotter discusses the Pro Football Hall of Fame candidacy of former Chargers head coach Don Coryell, former Dallas Cowboys safety Darren Woodson, former St. Louis Rams wide receiver Torry Holt and more ahead of NFL Honors on Feb. 9, 2023. Linebacker Robert Spillane talks joining the Silver and Black, his mentality, defensive end Maxx Crosby and more. My mama raised two ofem.. All rights reserved. "It's funny because you kind of talk to yourself before those moments come and you say, 'Hey, I'm going to keep it together. *Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for \"fair use\" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. 2023 Minute Media - All Rights Reserved. The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. Packers Experiences powered by QuintEvents. My passion, how hard I work, that comes from mother. Now they meet again not as rivals, but as the best at their craft.

Bahama Breeze Grilled Chicken With Cilantro Crema, Articles C