covenant day school staff

Down the hall, children's pictures were taped next to a rainbow leading to a picture of a pot of gold. Access your favorite topics in a personalized feed while you're on the go. A longrow of cubbies in the front hallway were filled with jackets and backpacks. Mrs. McArthur joined Covenant in 2017. A Word from Mr. Kelly Each member of our Covenant team is uniquely gifted and equipped to enhance your childs experience at Covenant. A woman wearing a pink lanyard waited on the sidewalk in front of the school. I have a real passion to see students grow in their knowledge and relationships with Christ. Hale walked carefully through the hallways. We sat down in the grass away from the building. The faculty do not consider their subjects to be isolated fields, but sciences that can and should be supplemented by the various expertise of everyone on staff. The police moved quickly, from class to class, bathroom to bathroom. A Word from Mrs. Santucci The faith, grace, and joy that is an integral part of the school is something for which I am so grateful! Hale also put a Lead Star Arms Grunt AR-15 semi-automatic rifle and a Smith&Wesson M&P 9mm Shield EZ handgun in the car. Most of all, I enjoy helping students become excited about what they are learning in science and about how amazing God's creation is. (Parents are invited to come and run with all of us. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. It also includes funding for a program to mail free gun locks to Nashville residents. The desks were in rows, and there was no sign of distress anywhere unless you count the absence of children. "We have two kids we don't know where they are.". Mr. Kelly joined Covenant in 2021. The WDS began in 1946 as a ministry of MPPC, an inclusive Christian community of faith of nearly 5,000 members. Hale had been using the name "Aiden" and he/him pronouns on social media in recent months, and police described Hale as transgender. Hale grabbed the two rifles, strapping one of them diagonally chest to waist. Join reporters John Woodrow Cox and Steven Rich on May 3 at 2 p.m. Eastern time for a live chat on school shootings and gun violence. Collazo and two other officers ran down the hallway. My friends started hugging me and saying, Its ok we're gonna be fine. one of my friends came over and said, dont worry, its just a car., Its not gonna be as bad as you think. Housekeeping She and her husband Jeff and son Nathaniel live in Batavia, IL. The speech marked exactly one month since a shooter killed three children and three adult staff members at the Covenant School in Nashville. *Covenant Day maintains rolling admissions; there is no deadline for applying. A few seconds later: Im hearing more shots. When Lochlan Cook goes into a classroom for the first time, he quickly decides whether running or hiding is the best option if a shooter attacks. Covenant captured our hearts when our oldest daughter started Kindergarten. Third, the Latin language is simply beautiful, from Virgils webs of grammatical agreement to Augustines wide-eyed wonder to Aquinas crystal clarity; I love to share that beauty with anyone who is willing to go on the journey with me. Dr. Stoner graduated from Wheaton College (Wheaton, Illinois) with a Bachelor of Arts in Christian Education. Hale carried enough ammunition to destroy any innocence Nashville had left. For the run, the fastest boys and girls in each grade race each other. They saw the body of a victim on the floor. A Word from Mrs. Salinas "Bulletproof backpacks are sold in the back-to-school section and you can't see what guns are doing to our country," Cook said. U4PPP Lieu dit "Rotstuden" 67320 WEYER Tl. We were relieved it wasn't a shooting, but we all were as shocked and worried as we would be if it was one. "We will never forget that day," Shulman said. | He received his Master's Degree in Nurse Anesthesia from the University of Pennsylvania. Throughout our days, we think critically about the materials we are covering. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google. A Word from Mrs. Combs Mrs. Van Regenmorter graduated from Trinity Christian College with a Bachelor's of Arts in Music Education (K-12). All my friends from school showed up and even some girls from soccer who go to other schools. Sign up for Black Tennessee Voices newsletter:Read compelling columns by Black writers from across Tennessee. I feel extremely blessed to be a part of this community. Mrs. Santucci graduated from North Central College with a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and a minor in Computer Science. Plan du site A decorative blue and white ringed life preserver hung on the wall outside Mrs. Students learn in an environment that fosters lifelong learners, critical thinkers, and problem solvers who actively engage in the world as ambassadors for Christ. Carlo Britto is a Senior Manager for Transportation Analytics at Genpact. Officer Michael Collazo, a nine-year police veteran, also heard the shot and ran up the stairs. I pointed to where it was coming out from behind the cafeteria. Mrs. Reyes graduated with an undergraduate degree from North Central College in Elementary Education and a Master's Degree in Mathematics Teacher Leadership from Aurora University. Mrs. Colvin joined Covenant in 2022. On the morning of March 27, the person who police would later identify as Audrey Hale, 28, was almost out the door on an otherwise sunny day when Hale's mother asked what was in the bag. Were used to active shooter drills and fire drills. ", "Keep us safe. I'm not sure who would be packing, whose job it is for security," the woman said, according to The Tennessean. He challenged those who condemn transgender people and resist gun reform to consider God's commandment to love your neighbor. "Your courage inspires us. Politique de protection des donnes personnelles, En poursuivant votre navigation, vous acceptez l'utilisation de services tiers pouvant installer des cookies. It brings us comfort to send our kids each morning to a school committed to the development of their heart, mind, and soul while strengthening their knowledge and relationship with Christ through a Classical education. The safety of our customers is our primary concern.". 03 80 90 73 12, Accueil | Sign up for Latino Tennessee Voices newsletter:Read compelling stories for and with the Latino community in Tennessee. Mrs. Van Regenmorter joined Covenant in 2022. It can handle both 15- and 33-round magazines. "On our darkest day, your courage shone through," Cooper said. The WDS is led by our Managing Director and has both Full-Day and Half-Day Programs. Teaching in a classical and Christian environment is such a delight! And if they happen to grow in the skills and competencies they will need for future academic and career success (and they do), then praise God for it! At 9:53 a.m., The Covenant School was in the midst of a regular Monday. Our class is constantly finding connections between our topics of study. Miss Eekhoff graduated from Dordt College with a Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education and went on to earn a Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction. We are delighted to welcome Dr. Bacote to the Board of Trustees at Covenant Classical School. Covenant Day School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Am I next? What they didnt understand was that while we were safe outside on the grass, Cinnamon, my beloved stuffed pig, was not. WebIf you have any questions, please contact Bart Frost, Camp Director, at [email protected] or call the camp office at 704-708-6194. Horrible memories, however, will last forever. Now, just to make this clear, I have never cried at all this year, but I did then. I was a little disappointed to not represent my class this year but was proud and excited for her and all of us when she ended up winning the race for the whole third grade girls group. 1571 Oswego Road Its hard catching up with me! She went on to earn a Master of Arts in Teaching from Trinity International University. It is my pleasure to help make Covenant more convenient for families through caring for students before and after school. The AR-15 had "Aiden" painted in white on its stock. EMAIL | 704-708-6127. NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) Seven people are dead including three children at The Covenant School on Monday morning after a shooting inside the building. I am thrilled to be a member of a team whose common goal is to take part in the process of opening students eyes to the wonder of God's love and His creation. Police said Hale may have considered other targets including a mall and school but have not yet disclosed locations. A Word from Ms. Ramsden Top editors give you the stories you want delivered right to your inbox each weekday. Ralisation Bexter. Our family is blessed to have found Covenant and its community. Keep us safe. Three officers joined him as he unlocked the glass door. We have a race for all the grades and a family fun night afterwards with food trucks and bounce houses and sometimes even a movie on a big screen. After 14 years working in marketing and web management for InterVarsity Press and Adventist Midwest Health, Rebecca returned to Wheaton where she currently serves as Director of Web Communications in the Marketing Communications department. I hoped no one was hurt.. L'acception des cookies permettra la lecture et l'analyse des informations ainsi que le bon fonctionnement des technologies associes. Mrs. Sceggel joined Covenant in 2012. "It's upstairs," he said. I often ask the students "why" questions and am able to tie science into everyday situations to which the students can relate. Cassandra Stephenson contributed to this story. He has an MBA from The University of Texas at Austin. All our friends had a fun time after such a scary day. Mrs. Herrera joined Covenant in 2014. Caroline devotes most of her time being home with her children but she is also a freelance violinist with Grant Park Orchestra, Chicago Philharmonic and Camerata Chicago. The boys were making jokes. location_city. Having an adult that I knew there helped me and all of us feel less scared. NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) This weeks News 2 Gives Back is honoring first responders, teachers, and staff at The We all did. Miss Iglesias graduated from Wheaton College with a Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education and Spanish. Finally, the Latin language, in its evolution from the language of high pagan culture to the premier vehicle of theology and devotion in the West, exemplified the Apostles injunction to take every thought captive to Christ. Quotes from Covenant Day Schools Statement on Human Sexuality: "The school may, within its sole discretion, decline the admission of an applicant or discontinue enrollment of a student if a family is unwilling to partner with the school and/or if the conduct within the student's home or the activities of the student are inconsistent with the biblical lifestyle on sexual intimacy and gender that the school teaches. Covenant Day School has 98 employees. WebOur faculty and staff are advisors, role models, mentors and coaches who shape and inspire young lives on a daily basis. Youll probably hear about me on the news after I die., This is my last goodbye. Teaching Logic School math at Covenant allows me to express my passion for both conceptual mathematics and teaching young adolescents, while openly expressing my faith and engaging in the spiritual direction and mentoring that I wish I'd had access to when I was that age. EMAIL | 704-814-1077. | A vacuum cleaner sat idly inside the front door. High School Guidance & College Counseling. For many families, one visit is all it takes. as well as other partner offers and accept our. It weighs four pounds and costs between $600 and $900 depending on modifications. Its such a blessing to be able to partner with parents in their childs education, and I feel privileged to work with such God-honoring coworkers who are passionate about sharing their gifts with others. Christ is everything to us. He has served on the Board of the Center for Public Justice, and is a nationally-known writer and speaker, including on issues of race. Are we gonna three die ! "SSeven dead: three children killed plus the shooter dead at The Covenant School on Monday". newschannel5.com. WTVF. Archived from the original on March 27, 2023. Retrieved March 27, 2023. ^ Wurm, Kevin (March 27, 2023). "Woman shoots dead 3 children, 3 adults in Nashville school attack". Reuters. Archived from the original on March 27, 2023. 1:50. A Word from Mrs. Van Regenmorter Covenant Day School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Sign up for notifications from Insider! I enjoy expanding my knowledge of botany, the Bible, ancient history, and teaching methods that increase student engagement and learning. Mom picked me up from school and I told her what happened. Covenant is truly a place where one can experience the body of Christ. We wanted to have dinner together someplace fun so me and my friend Ava went to a restaurant with our families, the Corner Pub- They have my favorite fish and chips. WebOver 70 faculty members make up the heart of the Covenant community, serving as mentors, coaches, and advisors to the students under their care. As the sound of police running and yelling instructions rang out, Hale fired a shot. I realized that night that we were the lucky ones. The second sentence of Hale's message: "I'm planning to die today. Notre objectif constant est de crer des stratgies daffaires Gagnant Gagnant en fournissant les bons produits et du soutien technique pour vous aider dvelopper votre entreprise de piscine. Then there was the smoke. The station dropped off lunch for the first responders and school staff to say thank you for the work theyve done in the response to the shooting and the weeks since as the community works to heal. At 10:10 a.m., Hale approached a door on the west side of the school, and fired about nine shots through the glass. Luckily, his nurse saw the smoke and pulled him out when the car caught on fire. The depth of discussions and conversations we have as a class are inspiring and end up teaching me more about God and this world He has created. Cooper's address highlighted several of his accomplishments in his four-year run as mayor, including boosting pay for teachers and bus drivers, and creating family leave for teachers. He was behind Engelbret, his service weapon pointed in front of him. "This doesn't need to be our reality.". they shouted as they entered each room. Carlo lives in Aurora, IL with his wife April and their two children, Caleb and Joshua. Classical education rooted in timeless Christian values. Mr. Kelly earned bachelor's degrees in English and Philosophy at Boston College. Ashley Wu is a proud Covenant parent. Admissions Assistant and International Program Coordinator. Math was always the subject that I wrestled with the most as a student, because I am a deep, conceptual thinker and procedures without meaning simply don't stick in my mind. I hope to share that growth with each student I encounter. NOW WATCH: Emergency vehicles rush to Nashville school after shooter kills 6 people, according to a police call obtained by The Tennessean, Phillips said in an interview with MPR News. WebThe Covenant School is a private Christian school in the Green Hills neighborhood of Nashville. It is unclear which route Hale took Monday morning. We started walking out the door and we asked a teacher, Is this real?. I have come to feel that it is more like being part of a family. Team Details - Covenant Day School Contact Some Republicans repeated calls for armed guards at schools. Vice Mayor Jim Shulman later took the podium and praised Cook's speech and invited him to the next Metro Council meeting. I remember telling Jackobie (who won the race), to bite the hound dog run medal around her neck to see if it was real gold. I was surprised because he never cries, but now she said she wanted to. After the Covenant school shooting and others unfortunately, we all know what it's like to be scared in school. Dr. Andrews attended a classical school in Chicago and graduated with high honors from Loyola University in Chicago with a B.A. A Word from Mrs. Sceggel ?, She said: Were gonna be ok. So the end is in view before the means are decided; that is, we know at Covenant that we're not teaching Tom Sawyer simply for an excuse to write a paper or because it's part of the canon. Athletic Staff - Covenant Day School Sherry Kapelar | email Athletic Director. A vacuum cleaner sat idly inside the front door. The policy, even more horrifyingly, In a world of confusion with no objective standard to follow, where everyone does what feels right in their own mind, Covenant provides a place where our kids go to learn objective values and virtue. Investing in the childrens play, relationships, and homework time is very rewarding as I see them grow spiritually, physically and intellectually through their years in a classical Christian community. Hale had attended the school as a child. WebCovenant has been an immeasurable blessing to me every day, from the enthusiasm and respect of the students to the encouragement from parents to the camaraderie and Ralisations Cooper's budget proposal will be presented to the Metro Council next week and kick off several weeks of consideration, before a final vote by the end of June. Covenant is truly a community rooted in grace and joy. High School Guidance & College Counseling. Am I next. That's when Rex Engelbert aimed his AR-15 and opened fire. Cooper, who will not run for re-election, also gave a glimpse into his 2023 budget proposal, which includes an additional $100 million for Nashville schools. Josh lives in Aurora, IL, with his wife, Yetunde, and their four children, Elijah, Jonah, Elianna, and Selah-Rose. Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. I love seeing the students engaged in deep and profound discussions about important truths as much as I enjoy watching them stand in awe of the incredible beauty and complexity of creation. Covenant School shooting should unite us in grief and resolve | Editorial, Why this 9-year-old decided to write about her fears after the Covenant school shooting, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. My dad is a musician and he was at a gig in Florida, so I texted him everything too. In a call to police dispatch around 10:12 a.m., a woman who was hiding in The Covenant School's nursery office said there were a few staff members whose job it was to provide security, according to the local newspaper.

Brandon Fl Jail Inmate Search, Mass Effect 3 Party Invite Up Or Turn Away, Articles C