fill in the gaps with the correct word exercises

The most popular holiday destinationfor British tourists is Spain. diversematerialexpectancysubtract visitedlag. Please complete the following exercise using a/an/the (or leave the space blank to indicate no article) in the spaces below where appropriate. Choose the word or phrase which best completes the sentence. Question 1. 2. You never know, you might be lucky even if you are not sure of the answer!Sometimes, there is more than one correct answer. Fast Download speed and no annoying ads. We use Cookies to deliver an optimized user experience on this website. Our Secondary Plus English course will teach you the skills to build your confidence and help you reach your full potential. But last year I (not / work) hard enough for English, that's why my marks (not / be) really that good then. New Years Dayis a bank holiday in the UK. dont, weve, wont) count as two words. 8What do you want me (do) with the boxes? Gap-fills are often used to practise specific language points, for example items of grammar and vocabulary, and features of written texts such as conjunctions. I think I ate something bad yesterday Ive got an . The currency used in Jersey is pound sterling but the island its own banknotes and coins which can be used in conjunction with Bank of England money. VIP B. 5. 4I remember (cross) this door for the first time. after that, its about using your legs, which are much stronger than your arms, to drive yourself up the tree. WebExercises on some / any :: Learn English online - free exercises, explanations, games, teaching materials and plenty of information on English language. For example: Rememberto do something: Used to talk about things we need to do. This is known as the Gunpowder Plot. 1. Does it refer to the present, past or future? Do you have more questions? The word is Jersey French and toads. A) for learning B) to learn C) for to learn 4. Click on Create new exercise and then on the Fill the gaps template. This gives all sorts of awesome extra possibilities, since you can use your sentence as an interactive dictation activity. We hope that this tutorial will help you to create your fill the gaps exercises. 1. Read the text before and after each gap before answering. It often depends on the word that comes before. Word Bank bumble erapromethe real ( impatient * Sentive unpredictable indecisave revived sortable analytical competitive a. The 'Reload given answers' and 'Disable answer control' are some other nice answer management tools that can help the user with continuing the puzzle later on or make the exercise harder by not giving any feedback if a given answer is correct or not. 2. Can you correct these 14 basic grammar mistakes. | C1 Advanced (CAE), 11 Sample Proposal Questions (PDF) (Writing) | C1 Advanced (CAE), Review examples & model answers | C1 Advanced (CAE), The use of modal verbs to express the past, Adverb advanced usage & inversion after adverbs, Free Practice Tests (Online & PDF) | C1 Advanced (CAE), All you need to know about exam C1 Advanced (CAE), 20 Essay Writing Topics/Questions | C1 Advanced (CAE), Tips to improve your listening skills! The currency used in Jersey is pound sterling but the island issuesits own banknotes and coins which can be used in conjunction with Bank of England money. Jersey residents are called Crapauds by other Channel Islanders. B2 First (FCE) Open Cloze: Tips & Strategy Strategy: Read the text for general understanding. Practice Tests: Multiple Choice Cloze | B2 First (FCE), Letter/Email examples & model answers | B2 First (FCE), Present Simple Tense additional information, Adjective order in a sentence & various constructions, How to write a Letter of Complaint? Click on a gap and a choice of words will appear. I was late but others / other people were on time. EnglishScore Tutors is the British Councils one-to-one tutoring platform for 13- to 17-year-olds. Word-Definition Matching 4 4. Rugbys progress has been less dramatic but the game is becoming increasingly international and is surely destined to continue to expand. 2. & Test | B2 First (FCE), Prepositional phrases confused with each other, Adverbs with two meanings & confused with adjectives, The use of infinitives & verbs with ending ing part 3. These gaps/blanks can be anything, ranging from words to numbers to even punctuation! Summer is one of the four seasons. 3. Develop individual performance C. Clarify roles and responsibilities D. Fill funding gaps E. B and C F. WebArticles exercise. WebFill in the gaps with the correct tense. We remember things from the past. They reached the station before I arrived. Only when they saw how well he drew did they realise that he was talented. 3. At the start of the new year people often make resolutions. The word is Jersey French and meanstoads. My sister _____ (not like) swimming. Both the varieties of football that originally hailed from Britain, the Rugby and Association games, have probably never been as popular as they are now. New Years .. is a bank holiday in the UK. In this type of exam, you have to change the form of a word (in brackets) to complete the sentence. WebA gap-fill is a practice exercise in which learners have to replace words missing from a text. Did we all start talking at around the same time because of the manner in which our brains had begun to develop? WebLive worksheets > English > English as a Second Language (ESL) > Verbs and prepositions > Fill in the gaps with the right preposition. This is a story so you can choose from past simple, past continuous and past perfect tenses. Collectively, however, their future appears bright. Fast Download speed and no annoying ads. Language could|may|might well be programmed into the brain but, despite this, people still need stimulus from others around them. Seaweed is the key to delicious tasting Jersey Royal potatoes. 3. Preferred course* William Shakespeare was born in Stratford-upon-Avon in 1564. For example, by giving the present tense of a certain verb. WebComplete the gaps Complete the gaps In this exercise you have to put the right word in the gaps. The personal motto of Queen Elizabeth I was I came, I saw, I . 1) Almost 53% of Australian men _____ 15 to 24, but only 47.7% of women of the _____ age, did regular physical activity in 2010. 3. Remember! 2. am deciding . 2. Only a few people attended the meeting. WebA bank is a place that works with money. being rich and famous, she is very humble. | B2 First (FCE), Reviews examples & model answers | B2 First (FCE), 10 Speaking Questions: Part 2 (Long turn) | B2 First (FCE), 40 Key Word Transformations Ex. 1. Used to talk about memories; normally about things that we did in the past and that we will not forget. Unlike Part 1, there are no choices for what word you need. If you dont know an answer, guess. Its a beautiful part of the world, and landscape paintings are always popular. Availability of water is vital to all plant and animal life. close gaps. WebPractice Exercises. This part consists of a short text witheight gaps. You must use your knowledge to fill the gap with the correct word. The United Kingdom's international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. In other words, language came about as a result of an evolutionary change in our brains at some stage. WebFill the gaps with the correct tenses. Studies have shown that if you spend your money on travelling, rather than items you will be happier in life. Provide your details and we will contact you with details of the FREE online course. An alternative way of using the fill in the gap puzzle is by setting up an audio track alongside your sentence filled with gaps. However, you should not write more than one answer. Jersey one of the largest tidal ranges in the world and can up to 2 miles. The United Kingdom's international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Perhaps this shouldnt come as that much of a surprise. WebMissing Word Cloze - Online Exercises - English Grammar and Vocabulary Missing Word Cloze Levels of Difficulty : Elementary Intermediate Advanced MWC028 - British Politics and Government Intermediate MWC027 - US Life Exprectancy Drops Because of Opioid Abuse Advanced MWC026 - Road To The White House Intermediate This online level test will give you an approximate indication of your English proficiency level. People often celebrate the new year by setting off .. 1. 1. Last night he had finished the book which he. Trydoing something: Used when we have an objective and we try something as an experiment to see if it helps us achieve that objective. Complete the following passage by choosing the correct options from those given: If you want to buy a house or a new car a bank offers you a that you Synonyms and Antonyms Exercises 5. Answer these questions for an adverb. Seaweed is the key to delicious tasting Jersey Royal potatoes. . France was the most destination by international tourists in 2016. every five words. We cannot guarantee that every ebooks is available! fill in the gaps. You can use the result to help you find online courses or learning content on our website that is appropriate for your English language ability. 4. Kieron Williamson is a very successful landscape painter. For example, by giving the present Download English Sentence Exercises Part 2 full books in PDF, epub, and Kindle. When we have to use a verb after another verb, or a certain kind of word, we sometimes use an infinitive or a gerund. Here are some exercises to help you improve your understanding and use of these two dishes in sentences: Exercise 1: Fill In The Blank. These words are chosen and removed in order to practise a specific language point. Papa New Guinea is one of the most culturally diversecountries in the world, with over 820 spoken languages. A gap-fill is a practice exercise in which learners have to replace words missing from a text. Each gap only needs one, word, usually a grammatical word, e.g. Find resources B. WebFill in the gaps with the correct form of the phrasal verbs from exercise 5. Some people call them 'blanks' as well. Download English Sentence Exercises Part 2 full books in PDF, epub, and Kindle. 2) Between the ages of 25 and 44, men were much less _____ on average than women. WebGrammar videos: Question words exercises 1. In fact, in the 35 to 44 age group, just under 40% of 5. Summer is one of the four .. Smartest offers you different templates so you can find the perfect one for your study materials. The development of antibiotics over the past eighty years has changed the relationship between humans and disease. WebOpen Gap Fill - PDF Worksheets - English Vocabulary and Grammar Open Gap Fill Open Gap Fill worksheets are in PDF Format and consist of a worksheet and answer sheet to 7A: I would like my boss to like me. Look at that mess! 2Would you mind (turn) the TV down, please? Stopto do something: Used when we stop doing an activity so as to start doing a different one. When you cross the International Date Line from east to west you add a day and if you travel the other way you subtracta day. :: page Default Cram Up Vocabulary Some Any Exercise Exercises on some / any. 3. 1 It isn't so easy (get) a good result. 3He managed (escape)by breaking the window. The Hougie Bie passage grave one of the ten oldest buildings in the world, built before the pyramids in Egypt. Peculiarly enough, despite this very little is known about the origins of modern football and many questions relating to its growth and development remain unanswered. A registered charity: 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland). Essential Tips: Read the text, ignoring the gaps, to get a general understanding. Archeologists that it was built around 5,000 years ago, during the Bronze Age and it took over 1000 years to . Now she speaks English, Spanish and Italian and works as a bilingual secretary in a travel company in England. Getting off the ground is perhaps the most challenging part of a climb. pronoun, linker or, Carefully read the text around each gap and think about what, When you have finished, read your completed text again and, Read the text. It is on the fields as a natural fertiliser. Contractions (e.g. Now that we've discussed the differences between migas and chilaquiles, it's time to put your knowledge into practice. Think Pre intermediate: 15th-19th MarchIntermediate: 22nd-26th March, St Brelades College 2023 | All Rights Reserved. Use the 'hint' button to get the first letter of the missing word. WebChoose the most suitable words to complete the sentences in English Practise English grammar and learn vocabulary with these fill in the gap games. upload it by following our upload guide. 6. Tryto do something: When we try to do something, we make an effort to achieve something that we maybe will or will not accomplish. 2. Use the " [?]" 1. I asked his opinion so as not to offend him. Read our privacy policy for more information. Gap Filling Exercises for Class 10 CBSE With Answers. When you cross the International Date Line from east to west you add a day and if you travel the other way you a day. 5. (FCE, CAE, CPE), How to practice & improve vocabulary? After your source document has been turned into an interactive exercise, you may want to edit your exercise. fill gaps. We cannot guarantee that every ebooks is available! A fill the gaps exercise transforms a text so that you have to insert the right word into gaps. and as well as well as 2. Choose the "Fill the gaps" template. Lead evaluator C. Exercise director D. Controller Weegy: The role the exercise planning team leader take during an operations-based exercise is: Exercise director User: Exercises help to: A. Forget to do something: Used to talk about things that we need to do, and we forget to do them. Sometimes, there is more than one correct answer. Antonyms button to get a clue. 5. My arm is really red and painful, but I think its just a case of . You can also click on the " [?]" The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes. France was the most visiteddestination by international tourists in 2016. as a journalist for 10years by the next month. She got by a bee, which is why her finger is all swollen. If you lose your passport while traveling abroad, you should contact the nearest _____. We help people from all over the world to prepare for Cambridge English Exams. He was a playwright, poet, and actor of the Renaissance era, by many to be the greatest dramatist of all time. Here are some exercises to help you improve your understanding and use of these two dishes in sentences: Exercise 1: Fill In The Blank. Contractions (e.g. 1. I am average. Manage Settings 4. before the invention of expensive gyms with indoor climbing walls, tree-climbing was a cheap and simple way to get a similar type of exercise. August 28, 2017 - Fill in the blanks with an appropriate word or phrase. 1. button to get a clue. In case you need more help or want to report a bug, send us an email to [email protected]. And this is how you can create a fill the gaps exercise in under 10 steps! Web1. We will process your data to send you our newsletter and updates based on your consent. 5. 3. 4. It is usedon the fields as a natural fertiliser. Reaching the top and then abseiling down again is a source of great satisfaction. Rather, it is viewed as a mundane infection which can be cured with a simple course of antibiotics. Let me explain you all the possible editing options: This one is quite obvious, but dont forget to name your exercise so you can find it again at a later point. You can easily set this up by clicking the Premium 'Upload audio' button and uploading your file (.wav/.mp3/.ogg/.mp4). Cambridge will always account for this and all options will be accepted. You may be right! bridge the gaps. A) is going to B) will C) is 3. resolutionsfireworkspoemsymbolDay. If your exercise needs instructions, you can add your instructions here. William Shakespeare was born in Stratford-upon-Avon in 1564. Once you are happy with your exercise, click on the preview button to see how it looks. 2. She is still teaching here. WebExercise Number: CPE079. Read the text, ignoring the gaps, to get a general understanding. They had to wait for the Read our privacy policy for more information. Requested URL: byjus.com/english/gap-filling-exercises/, User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/92.0.4515.159 Safari/537.36. He was a playwright, poet, and actor of the Renaissance era, consideredby many to be the greatest dramatist of all time. WebDo you have an fill gaps with words sheet ? Check your answers carefully when you finish. Although there are many strains of antibiotic bacteria now present in hospital wards, antibiotics have effectively served their original purpose over the course of the past eighty years. Football is a very old game, especially in Britain. 3. Stonehenge is a prehistoric stone circle in Wiltshire. One of those features will be PDF downloads. 5. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. B: Why don't you try (arrive) at work on time? Tell everyone who will be doing this exercise on what they should focus and what the purpose of this exercise is. Verbs that change meaning depending on the preposition they are followed by. At a recent exhibition of his work, all the paintings were sold in half an hour, some for 100,000 each. These days, if you want to take part in an organised tree-climbing activity, you have|need to wear a helmet and attach yourself to ropes in case you should lose your footing. I decided to go many days ago. The _____ is often located in the capital city of a country. Big Ben is a well known .. of New Years Eve and many people gather near the clock tower to see in the new year. Alina Frhls, Marketing & Customer Success. WebExercise 1: Fill In The Blank. (3 marks) Write the correct options against the correct blank number. Dont forget to save your exercise once you are happy about it. Look at the bar chart, and fill the gaps in the sentences below it. when such clients come from abroad, she has to translate everything they say into English. The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Check your grammar: gap fill question words Complete the gaps with a question word from the box. | C1 Advanced (CAE), Essay examples & model answers | C1 Advanced (CAE), Practice Test: Reading Part 8 (Multiple matching) | C1 Advanced (CAE), 50 Word Formation Ex. Track your progress online Share your email so we can send you learning resources, tips and articles. At school, Sarah Biggs says she was very bad at languages. He is a very _________ driver. At the start of the new year people often make .. Cambridge will always account for this and all options will be accepted. I'm going to Seattle ______ English. 6I tried (stay)awake to see the final, but I was too tired. Follow these tips to get top marks. Summer begins on the day of the summer solsticeand ends on the day of the autumn equinox. 5. Read online free English Sentence Exercises Part 2 ebook anywhere anytime directly on your device. Submitted by lssainide on Tue, 06/23/2020 - 02:19, Submitted by MyStudyCoachJonas on Wed, 01/10/2018 - 23:46, Sign up to our newsletter for LearnEnglish Teens. Forget doing something: Its normally used in negative sentences. Jet often feels worse when you travel from west to east. ; at this school for over 15years. using|speaking several foreign languages at work is not easy, but for Sarah, and other multi-lingual secretaries like her, it is all standard practice. WebChoose the correct word to fill in the gap 1. WebExercise 3 Fill in the gaps with the verbs in brackets in the correct gerund or infinitive form. WebExercise. Warmer than average weather was the deciding factor in our decision to postpone our ski trip. The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user. WebAcademic Word List 1 gap fill exercises Answers 1. The _____ is often located in the capital city of a country. Summer begins on the day of the summer .. and ends on the day of the autumn equinox. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. WebFill in the Blanks Exercises 1. They will finally have time to rest. The first sentence above prepared to practise article use could read '______ gap-fill is ______ practice exercise where ______learners have to replace ______ words which have been removed from ______ text.'. Choose the word or phrase which best completes the sentence. 4. You can also reach us over our social media channels: I will be happy to present Smartest to you via video call and show you how you can use Smartest for free during a pilot in your school. Jersey hasone of the largest tidal ranges in the world and can recedeup to 2 miles. Read the text andchoose the correct answer. Sample papers,onlinepracticetests &tips. He first got inspiration from some boats he saw on holiday at the seaside. Fill in the gaps with the right preposition. (to drink) 2. Stonehenge is a prehistoric stone circle in Wiltshire. The Arctic Prairies Paragraph Gap Fill reading exercise about an travel account of a trip in a very cold Canada. Though However Despite 3. English history Choose Check out all our tutorials here. 51 views, 2 likes, 0 loves, 0 comments, 1 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Washington Central Church: Worship- April 30, 2023 Worship dont, weve, wont) count as two words. The villagelocated furthest from the sea in the UK is Coton in the Elms in Derbyshire which is 113km away from the coast. She is given no time for preparation at all, so this aspect of her job is one of the most difficult. When they arrived at the station, the train already. Write thecorrect word in each gap. However, cant is a contraction of cannot, which is one word. Read the whole sentence. Read the whole text through once you have completed it to make sure you have not missed any connectors, plurals or negatives. There is no plural adjective form. 10I was running reallyfast butI had to stop (tie) my shoe. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. 5. Sitemap, Intermediate Level Gap Filling Vocabulary Exercise. 1. Press "Check" to check your answers. WebCheck your grammar: gap fill question words Grammar snacks: Question words - exercises Watch the video and read the conversation between Sophie and Neema. 2. These words are chosen and removed in order to practise a specific language point. This is known as the Gunpowder Plot. Many people will look back on tree-climbing as a simple childhood pleasure and a natural test of human strength, stamina and agility. The hottest day on record in the UK was recorded in 2003 when .. soared to 38.1C. However, you should not write more than one answer. See an explanation of the term Gap-fill. Kieron asked his parents if they could buy him a sketch pad and pencils so that he could draw them. Anne BoleynandCatherine Howard were both on the grounds of treason for adultery. Exercise 1. Sam . James has agreed to come. 3. Libyan Oil Output Cut Paragraph Gap Fill reading exercise about an article which talks about trouble in the Libyan oil industry. I (learn) English for seven years now. Answer these questions for an adjective: Sometimes the word is an adverb. You must use your knowledge to fill the gap with the correct word. The Premium-tab gives you access to the 'Word bank'. (be + past participle). The 'Instruction' field allows you to mention how the puzzle player is supposed to find the answer. Part 2 of the C1 Advanced (CAE) Paper is called OpenCloze. In 1605, a man called Guy Fawkes and a group ofCatholic plotters attempted to King James I and the Parliament buildings in London, due to the government strong measures against the Catholics at that time. WebExercise 1: Fill In The Blank. This exercise type works best when you upload a longer text, rather than just a short paragraph. 2. Losing time on this activity might cost you points later in the exam because you wont have enough time to do other tasks well. In her job, Sarah has a great deal more responsibility than the title of secretary would suggest. Think of the word which best fits each gap. 6. We're developing a NEW LEARNING PLATFORM with a subscription plan that includes additional features at an affordable price. WebEnglish Sentence Exercises Part 2. Answers 1. Finally, remember these tips to get top marks in this type of test. Kieron now has fans all over the world and has gained the nickname the Mini-Monet. Continue with Recommended Cookies, When they arrived at the station, the train. 6. all their exam. 4. The 'Instruction' field allows you to mention how the puzzle player is supposed to find the answer. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you. Those who travel tend to have a longer life , due to improved physical and mental health. From studies, we know that if|when|whenever children are isolated from human contact and have not learnt to construct sentences before they are ten, it is doubtful they will ever do so. We try something in order to achieve an objective. This is excellent for Chinese junior school students. Whats even more surprising is that Kieron doesnt come from an artistic family, and only started painting two years ago. The goal of the fill in the gap puzzle is to create a sentence that contains one or multiple 'gaps'. When a word is a gap, it will be shown in pink. Do you need a passive form? But otherwise, tree-climbing is a very eco-friendly sport, involving minimum damage to trees or the environment. Webaddressing gaps. button to get a clue. This part consists of a short text witheight gaps. Choose the correct linking words in the sentences below. close the gaps. We coffee when the phone rang. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. You must use your knowledge to fill the gap with the correct word. VIP B. 4. Part 2 of the B2 Frist (FCE) Paper is called OpenCloze. Choose the correct word (migas or chilaquiles) to fill in the blank: They are common in testing. though however despite 4. One recent theory is that human beings have evolved in such a way that we are programmed for language from the moment of birth. 3. 3. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of every email. For example: My dad _____ (work) in a shop. WebPractice Exercises. Availability of water is vital to all plant and animal life. is recede means used issues has. Henry VIII had six wives, two of whom he had executed. Context Clues Worksheet 2. One-to-one English tutoring personalised to you. But these days, it has turned into a more serious activity and is one of the fastest-growing adventure sports in the country. Use the "Hint" button to get a free letter if an answer is giving you trouble. ID: 37143. A) carefully B) careful C) care 2. have decided . The most popular holiday .. for British tourists is Spain. Choose the correct word (migas or chilaquiles) to fill in the blank: He ___________ visit his brother next week. The Fill in the gap puzzle is super versatile. Fill in the blanks by choosing the most appropriate word/phrases from the given options. Choose the correct word (consulate or embassy) to fill in the blank in each sentence: The _____ is responsible for issuing visas to foreign nationals. Choose the correct word (consulate or embassy) to fill in the blank in each sentence: The _____ is responsible for issuing visas to foreign nationals. I was so nervous! Read the passage given below. WebFill the gaps with the correct form of the verb in brackets. WebAcademic Word List 1 gap fill exercises Answers 1. Develop individual performance C. Clarify roles and responsibilities D. Fill funding gaps E. B and C F. Here you have four different options on how to upload your study materials: This is the fun part of the exercise creation. This research shows, if nothing|little else, that language is a social activity, not something invented in isolation. The number of antibiotics available for use has also affected their impact on|upon society. 4. Read the text carefully before and after the 3. 4. Check your grammar: ordering question words Write the words in the correct order to make questions. We need to find a more economical way to manufacture our products because our profit margin is too low. Anne BoleynandCatherine Howard were both beheadedon the grounds of treason for committingadultery. We need to find a more economical way to manufacture our products decided . WebFill in the gaps with the correct form of the phrasal verbs from exercise 5. At New Year, people often sing Auld Lang Syne, originally a .. written by Scottish poet Robert Burns.

Puramino Formula Mixing Instructions, Articles F