random bruising on legs that don't hurt

It doesnt hurt. Be Well. Email me at justinjoe_l at hot mail Bruising occurs along with other bleeding, swelling, extreme pain, especially if taking a blood thinner. Healthline Media does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Rare diseases that could have symptomatic bruising include . Vitamin E Did it finally go away? The bruises are usually on my lower legs but I also get bigger bruises on my thighs. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide medical advice on this platform, but we strongly recommend talking to your health care provider as soon as you can. Hi I have a bruse 4 inch above the knee it's raise some times only come up in the same place .gets sore . Upon asking her what happened she said the only different thing is shes began working out morespecifically running on a tredmil. This doesn't mean it is not a real phenomenon though; it's just not my area of expertise. We understand it can be frustrating not to have an exact answer when you just dont feel well. So, maybe pay attention if your mattress or chairs are too firm? In addition to anemia and other blood clotting related problems such hemophilia and leukemia, random bruising on legs and thighs could be the result of factors such as exercise, injury, vitamin deficiency, blood circulation related conditions (Vasculitis), diabetes, side-effect of blood-thinning medications (e.g. Is there any medical conditions that would cause a bruise to leave a permanent mark on the skin once the bruise has cleared up or gone away? Read More. I'm very lean, so stuff hurts my bones easily. I have also had the gastric sleeve surgery 2 years ago. It can be very serious if not treated. He is the best man in the world. What is it? I was just on here hoping for answers to a problem Im having. Just a few days ago my boyfriend noticed I have bruises on my lower back and today again when he looked there was more. Additionally, some prescription and over-the-counter medications and nutrition supplements can make you bruise more easily; those medications are noted in the story. TMI but I also have blood in my stool that seems to come and go but it doesnt seem like a big issue, after reading this Im wondering if theyre related. any insight to this would be helpful. In other cases, bruising can result from a medication, supplement, or underlying health condition. Thank you for sharing your feedback. If you are a Marshfield Clinic Health System patient, you can message your doctor on My Marshfield Clinic: http://marshfieldclinic.org/mymarshfieldclinic. I experienced no pain with this. I got a bruse on my leg possibly from skateboarding but cant remember when or how, theres no pain either should I worry about it or leave it alone. Symptoms of an Achilles tendon rupture are hard to ignore. Maybe I stepped the wrong way. Thanks for any help/advice . Have you shared your question with your doctor? All rights reserved. Could this discoloration be the results of the slipped discs? If you're worried, your parents can help you make an appointment with your doctor, or you can ask about the bruises at your next regular appointment. 2023 Healthline Media LLC. Joint pain sometimes precedes the classical rash by one or two weeks. Hi i have same just wondering if u found out ehat it is. I'm sorry to hear about your fall. https://shine365.marshfieldclinic.org/heart-care/sock-marks-high-blood-pressure/ Thank you for reaching out. Hi, Lauren. Thank you for reaching out. Her doctor is the best source for these questions. The bruising has lasted for two months. Here is a link that covers more about the side effects of adderall: https://www.nacd.org/what-parents-need-to-know-about-the-side-effects-of-adhd-drugs/. I have ulcerative colitis, high liver count, chronic kidney disease , and A lot of bruising on my lower and upper legs. Thanks Jake, Hello, I was wondering if you could tell me what my be causing swelling in my feet and calves accompanied with red and inflamed areas and extremely painful when the swelling and inflammation subsided then the area that was red and inflamed feels and shows bruising, elevating the feet and legs helps relieve some what but does not stay away long. And it's an L not a one for my email. Candy said, generally speaking, "It is very atypical to have a 'bruise' after a year post-injury. They know your medical history, medications and current conditions best. I sleptwalked last Friday night and completely missed a flight of 4 stairs, landing hard on my bottom on the landing of the steps. It never hurts to bring your concerns to your provider. I was wondering if you possible had a reason for all this bruising. Unexplained bruising usually appears on the arms and lower legs. I was wondering if you could give any indication as to what the culprit may be. Please Guide, We recommend that you contact your provider to discuss symptoms. Keeping the affected leg in an elevated position. As mentioned in the article, prescription and over-the-counter medications and nutrition supplements can make you bruise more easily. Easy bruising: Why does it happen? And, if you're concerned with your bruise, it's important you talk to your doctor. They can help you understand next steps, as they'll be able to ask questions about your medications, medical history and current conditions. People deficient in vitamin K may also bruise more often. Our provider ratings make it easier to find a doctor who fits you personally. Looks like someone poked or grabbed me. 6. Porsche Thank you for your question. The bruise is multicolored, with purple, blue, green, gray and yellow areas as if its trying to heal but somehow the bleeding that causes it keeps happening. Kidney involvement. They are purple but more red. No injuries. I don't have 2 touch it just comes and goes . When questions arent related to individual treatment or diagnosis, were happy to provide more information. We strongly encourage you to see your doctor when you are concerned about an injury or bruise. The doctor may also perform other diagnostic tests, including blood tests, to rule out any serious underlying causes of bruising. Here are the signs you may need to see a doctor. Hi, Mary. Here are some key factors in random bruising: Age: Older adults are much more susceptible to bruising. It is most common in Caucasian women who have mental illness or emotional stress. Since they know your medical history, they can best advise you. Was anything wrong? Kayla. We will have a link trade contract among us! Its the weirdest thing because they all look the same and are pretty close together. It is pain when touched and have a slight bump. Hope this may help!!! Are you a Marshfield Clinic patient? All of these can play into where your bruises might be coming from and if you should be concerned. I woke up the next morning and my left boob was bruised and it had no scratches or bumps its been a week now and the bruising has kind of went away but now it sometimes it hurts like it did that night any idea what it is or what happens? They can best advise you due to their knowledge of your past medical conditions. A . The muscle began to spasm and O started to see skin turning red. This may be concerning for a possible underlying bleeding disorder and should be reported. It started out very light in color about 2 weeks ago, and now it is a dark blue. Due to their knowledge of your medical history and past conditions, they can best advise you. I am a teenager and have a skinny foot long bruise on the side of my thigh along with a couple purple dots that feel like bruises on my knees. If your answer to everyone is going to be to see their doctor then this entire site is a waste of existing lol. Good luck to you & I hope you're feeling better. I have noticed quite a number of purplish-brown bruises on my arms ,calves and thighs in the past few months , My blood was tested and nothing was abnormal but Im worried . We recommend you bring this question to your provider who best knows your medical history and current conditions. Now I bruise easily but was concerned about the repeated bruising because I had a sister with ITP as a child. Youd most likely have bruising on other areas of your body that are accompanied by other symptoms, such as easy or excessive bleeding. Hi, Andrea. Id been running into every night when I was taking care of the baby but my sleep deprived mind didnt remember by morning what happened. When questions arent related to individual treatment or diagnosis, were happy to provide more information. If you are a Marshfield Clinic Health System patient, you can privately message your care team using My Marshfield Clinic: https://www.marshfieldclinic.org/mymarshfieldclinic. We cannot provide individualized medical advice on this forum. Neutze, D., & Roque, J. I just feel stupid going in and saying that Im there because my legs bruised. Thank you for reading Shine365. He/she can best answer your question. We recommend talking to your doctor about the bruising you are experiencing. Where did the new bruises come from? Hi The bruise is about the size of my hand. Brooke. I was and am worried about cirrhosis of the liver. I saw their bruises and noticed they kept increasing without any outside cause. Candida is very serious and can grow to magnitude proportions in the body when it reaches a certain levelso avoid all yeasts and molds in fermented foods. Hi I am a 65 years old and an alcoholic. Thank you! She's sick of getting g these random unsightly bruises and I'm still concerned. Bruising is common, and most people experience it at some point. She should get these bruises checked out, and be seen by a provider for additional health history and work-up. Either way, I admire you for not losing it on any of these peeps , I've been suffering with abdominal pain for abit now and recently started noticing random bruises going down my stomach I have no idea how and why. I noticed some yellow bruises on my left leg and foot but have not banged against anything that would have caused them. If you become concerned, it's important to contact your doctor. I had a head on collision in 1993 and three slip discs, one was removed (C4-5). I experience extreme leg pain. I have what looks like a bruise under my pubic hair with no pain, swelling or cause. Now that Im still getting the small purple bruises, I wondered if it could all indicate something going on with my blood and these symptoms could all be related. Our experts continually monitor the health and wellness space, and we update our articles when new information becomes available. I don't know if this is a bruise or something, but it's just like a bump skin when you get bump your head into something. We recommend reaching out to your provider about the bruising. There are two knots in the middle where it cleared. Hi Katrina my name is Eugenia i saw your comment i have the same problem unexplained bruises but doctors won't listen they say im fine but i dont feel well at all have all these symptoms and they are interfering with my life to pain from weak and dizziness bloating inflammation digestion ovarian cysts and infections of urine and candida that seems not to go away ,weight loss sorry bother you but maybe you can give me advice? It came on with food poisoning about five days ago. Keep furniture out of areas where you walk so youre less likely to bump into it. Hi Georgia We cannot provide medical advice on this platform. What could it be .. thanks. Then I asked her show me her arms and back, bruises as well but not like her legs. I noticed similar symptoms long ago, and since i started double rinsing my clothing (especially PJs because you're in them for extended period of time with the fabric right against the skin). We suggest reaching out to your primary care provider as soon as you can. My thighs are covered in bruises. 2023 Healthline Media UK Ltd, Brighton, UK. Has anyone experienced this? Notify me via email when there is a reply to my comment. Unfortunately, we are limited in the medical advice we can provide on this platform and your doctor can best advise you due to their knowledge of your medical history. I am 60 .do you think it's old age .hope you can help .thank you . Or any other potential causes? If so, you can reach out to your care team by messaging through My Marshfield Clinic: http://marshfieldclinic.org/mymarshfieldclinic. We strongly recommend reaching out to your doctor about the bruising you are experiencing as soon as possible. I don't have a doctor. I have a purple bruise at my left waistline above my hip. Hi, Chelsea. They can best advise you since they are most aware of your past medical conditions and history. Rhonda Thank you for reaching out. Copyright 2023 Marshfield Clinic Health System. If you are already a Marshfield Clinic patient, you can ask your provider these questions through secure messaging on My Marshfield Clinic: https://www.marshfieldclinic.org/mymarshfieldclinic. If you can see a doctor, you'll get the most accurate guidance there. Therefore, even a small bump could cause a bruise. We cannot give individualized medical advice on our blog. This all sounds very normal. If the abortion was planned, the question may be whether the bruising is related to any positioning she had during the procedure. I noticed my foot beginning to bruise again in the same areas today. Actually am pretty worriedthey were nasty looking bruises. They can best advise you due to their knowledge of your medical history and past conditions. The Shine365 comment policy explains this: https://shine365.marshfieldclinic.org/shine365-comment-policy/. Hi Gretchen , Did you ever get answers to your bruises? I know for sure i didnt hit it or anything. You may be eager to minimize the appearance or tenderness of a bruise. This condition happens when the spaces within the bones in your spine get narrow. When questions arent related to individual treatment or diagnosis, were happy to provide more information. should i stop taking ibuprofen as much as i do? Please go see a doctor about that, reoccurring bruises with no known cause could be of concern. My mum has T Cell Large Granular Lymphocytic Leukemia & my mums sister died of leukemia at a young age. We cannot provide individualized medical advice on this forum. If you are a Marshfield Clinic patient, you can reach out directly to your provider via My Marshfield Clinic: https://www.marshfieldclinic.org/mymarshfieldclinic. We recommend talking to your primary care doctor first so that they can learn more and since they know your medical history. It could be there for the rest of my life. Hi, Ivey. First time experience n see them. Hi im my partner 31 year old man woke up this morning with bruises at bottom of legs both are getting bigger but he didnt injure himself. Thank you. We appreciate you reaching out to us. If you are a Marshfield Clinic patient, you can message your provider directly through My Marshfield Clinic at the following link: https://www.marshfieldclinic.org/mymarshfieldclinic. They have also because bigger and darker as times gone on yet they dont hurt the same way a usual bruise would so Im not sure if Im worrying to much or if it is something different, Hi, Madi. They can ask you questions about your conditions, medications and medical history, which helps them give you the most accurate answer and guidance. What could this mean? Why does this happen and is it a cause for alarm. At one point i had 14 just on one leg, they start off as small purple circles an then grown into a large size bruise my legs are starting to feel soar if someone was to lean or touch them. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide individualized medical advice on this forum. I notice that every time I get this type of pain, I wake up with alot of bruising on my legs. We strongly recommend talking to your health care provider because they know your medical history and can best advise you. Several cancers that affect the blood cells can also cause random bruising. We recommend that you discuss the bruising that you are experiencing directly with your provider. I didn't do anything or bump into something but it hurts, it feels like you have a bruise on the eye when someone punched you. Hi I'm Andrea my whole body has felt like one huge bruise for about 3 years and now its really bad around my knees and elbows their swollen and bruised and I'm so so sore. Your doctor is most aware of your medical history and can best advise you. Bookmarked. For. Just the fact that it has stayed in the same exact spot with exact parameters for such a stretch of time seems strange. They have faded to the yellow/grey color. We do encourage readers to comment and ask questions. This is a good question for your primary care provider. It's in such an awkward place, there is no way I could've been hurt or pinched there. not a waste at all at least she took the time to write back /respond. A couple days ago I felt like I had a bruise on the lower part of my spine. Good going, just have yourself a terrible rating to deter patients from going there. Your doctor is the best resource!! Should i got to the doctor or it can be something normal I'm 17. Bruising in leukaemia VS ordinary bruising. A damaged liver affects the bodys ability to form clots and stop bleeding. I have that too. Pelvic fractures are typically the result of high impact injuries. HI! Does anyone know what causes tiny bruise clusters on the inner forearm? I've never had a bruise that went through me before & don't bruise easily. Bleeding disorders. Should i be concerned that the vien may still be leaking? I have a bruise on my entire spine. Hi, Kez! Bruises look like big purple spots with clear edges, and youre younger than 65. Hi, I am a 30 yr old woman and I have been getting hot and cold sweat and most recently I have a bruise on the back of my head that came outta nowhere and is very painful. They can advise you since they are most aware of your medical history and past conditions. If you find that you or your childs bruises occur frequently, are large, and dont improve after a week or two, see your doctor. Per the story, bruising easily usually isnt a serious problem, but Strey recommends calling your health care provider if any of these descriptions apply to your bruises. The biggest one I've has was on my thigh and it was about the size of a tennis ball and it didn't hurt. Just wondering. We cannot provide individualized medical advice on this forum. Multiple bruises at different stages of healing. Hi Could you either tell me potential causes for this or point me in the right direction for finding these answers? As far as I can tell its spontaneous ecchymoses. I have never seen anyone with that amount of bruising. Im not sure how to post a picture. Hi, Laurie. My stomach is hurting I have blood coming from my nose. Your care team can look at your medical records and help you understand whether an appointment is necessary. Hi there, I have a very large bruise covering my lower back. Platelets or clotting factors are being destroyed. Fell and hit my wrist a year ago swelling and the pain went away after 1 1/2 months. ", She mentioned dermatology possibly being a good resource for you, and added, "Skin is such a dynamic organ that some bruises can be rashes, discoloration from other abnormalities, or caused by trauma that the person does not even remember occurred. Bruising often occurs when blood vessels beneath the skin incur. Sepsis is a life threatening complication of an infection. Neutze D, et al. We can't provide individualized medical advice on our blog. Bruises look like tiny red dots. It is expensive, but it has worked to stop this bruising problem I had. In my case, so far it has been found I have a rare platelet condition & now I have a low platelets count. i do sleep on my left side but in the past few days couldn't help accidentally hitting some new (not huge) boot heels against a hard bed frame. An abundance of people probably come to sites like this because they dont have access to healthcare. I've been also getting more bruises around the bruised that won't go away? Peggy I shared your question with Candy: Hi Peggy, Hi, Sherry. My first thought is your laundry routine. They want whats best for him too and after the serious injuries hes suffered and the long road to recovery he is still on, you should definitely contact them about any concerns you should have. I have never seen a bruise this color. Is there a name for this kind of thing? But i wonder where it came from. According to the American Liver Foundation, people with cirrhosis may bleed or bruise more easily. Hi I was wondering if you think I should be concerned. Any recommendations on a different type of doctor to see? Best wishes, Angela. At a first, a bruise will appear bright red or purple. These symptoms sometimes occur before the rash appears. Which I think is a total waste of time even suggesting people ask questions , total waste of time in my eye. Please also discuss with my web site =). I have noticed painful bruising under my eyes on my cheekbones for the past 2wks. Im scheduled for a surgery in February and I am concerned. Due to their knowledge of your medical history and past conditions, they can best advise you. The treatment pathways for liver disease and cirrhosis, in particular aim to prevent further liver damage and protect the remaining healthy tissue. If you have symptoms of kidney disease, see your doctor. Your thoughts please? We cannot give individualized medical advice on our blog. They are sore. I had catheterization (femoral) over 4 months ago; the bruising on my groin and thigh on both sides (even though he only entered from one side) has not gone away. They tend to appear so far just above the knees on each leg. The bruising is not dark purple, its radiant plum. Someone please help!! Are you a Marshfield Clinic Health System patient? Hey, Melissa. And do u even parent haha sometimes once in a blue moon its needed, now I was on here asking about bruising that concerned me, not asking for parenting advice. It became more worrisome over the 3 days that it continued to persist. If you're a Marshfield Clinic patient, we welcome you to message your care team via My Marshfield Clinic: https://www.marshfieldclinic.org/mymarshfieldclinic. I know for a fact I wasn't bumped or injured in anyway. Unfortunately, we cannot provide individualized medical advice on our blog. Whats Causing These Black and Blue Marks? Make Shine365 part of your daily routine. Hi, Destiny If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911. If you go to youtube you can make something called Liposomal Vitamin C. This mixture gets the vitamin C into the small intestine where you can absorb it if you are having a problem like the Lipospheric C does. They can help you understand next steps, as they'll be able to ask questions about your medications, medical history and current conditions. Unfortunately it's difficult for us to know why your bruises might have developed without knowing your current medications, medical history or conditions, and we cannot provide individualized medical advice on this forum. Answer. It is not responsible for us to provide suggestions without context. We cannot provide individualized medical advice on this forum. Until then, you might explore our site or sites like WebMD: Any thoughts on what this might be? We avoid using tertiary references. As far as I see, ALL this blog is telling people is to see a doc or telling people to be one of your patients, which I hope none took that offer seeing as your clinic doesn't actually care about people, they care about collecting that insurance. This bruise occurred in 2019. Good morning, Tiffany. We cannot provide individualized medical advice on this forum. This article looks at the symptoms and, When a muscle or soft tissue bruises, the signs can be clear to see. We suggest you ask your doctor about these bruises at your next regular appointment. Hey, Matthew. Some are small purple dots and others are bruised that turn yellow/brown in time.. Thank you for reaching out. In kidney disease, platelets do not work properly, causing easy bruising. We strongly recommend talking to your doctor as soon as you can about the bruising that you are experiencing. 6 signs unexplained bruising may be worrisome. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and current by reading our. There are several treatment options for thrombocytopenia. Hi, Erinn. He/she knows your medical history and current conditions best. If a medication or supplement is causing the bruising, your doctor may have you stop taking it or prescribe an alternative, if possible. If your coworker friend is a Marshfield Clinic patient, she could directly message her provider on My Marshfield Clinic to ask again about her bruises: http://marshfieldclinic.org/mymarshfieldclinic. I've noticed that I have these red spots on my arm and idk what theyre from and I also found a bruise on the back of my arm. Did you get a diagnosis? Many children with Henoch-Schonlein purpura develop belly pain, nausea, vomiting and bloody stools. I have Arnold Chiari Malformation, positive hemocromotos yet iron levels are very low and vit d sometimes is low according ro my oncologist/neurologist, I also have endometriosis and very heavy periods. I have noticed the dark spots on my arms and chest getting lighter just after a couple of weeks. I mean genuinely it got the point I was recording my sleep to see if anything was happening to me in the night either by my self unknowingly or by something else. they have been growing bigger over time and i have had these for 2 weeks now. Any ideas? What could this be caused by? It's important you share this information with your primary care provider who knows your medical history and current conditions. He/she knows your medical history and current conditions best. They create and support wound healing. when my arm began to burn. My thought as well look like somebody has kicked the crap out of me. Bruises typically develop on the legs after you run into something or something hits you. They will also ask about any other symptoms the person is experiencing and whether or not they are taking any medications or supplements. But I dont fault Kirsten S. or Shine 365. Together, you and your doctor can determine whether your symptoms are concerning. This can damage blood vessels and causes blood to pool below the surface of the skin, leaving behind black, blue, purple, brown, green, or yellow marks. Wow, the same exact thing here. We strongly recommend talking to your doctor directly about the bruising you are experiencing. If you cant give even a hint why do you even exist ? You expect them to diagnose/advise you based on a few words in the reply section? The symptoms of this condition include thrombocytopenia, which lowers blood platelet counts and leads to bleeding and bruising.

Jimmy Mcnichol Daughter, Articles R