serbu super shorty accessories

In contrast, in federal law, a shotgun must have a stock (designed to be fired from the shoulder). This thing would be great for home defense, however I think the capacity is a little shy. then this is the gun for you. A community of hobbyists interested in NFA items, history, and news. If you keep the barrels long enough that this is not the case, then it is neither AOW nor a shotgun nor a pistol (nor, obviously, a rifle) its classed simply as weapon by ATF, and doesnt have any special regulations other than those applying to firearms in general. Its a blast to shoot in every sense. In the majority of the 1st season he carried an unidentified sawed off 12 gauge in a shouler holster. A forum community dedicated to Shotgun owners and enthusiasts including the Remington, Beretta, and Mossberg shotguns brands. Once you have it, everybody would want to come and have a look at it. As Sharp Shooting has its FFL-07 as well as SOT, they threw on a Knoxx SpecOps stock for R&D purposes and that definitely turned the S-S into a recoil pussy cat (seen in the video). A sling is an obvious choice as well. It is because they have relevant information and are up to date with all the weapons. At 7 yards, birdshot escaped the sides of the torso silhouette, but not by much. Because of this, the SUPER-SHORTY is considered an AOW (Any Other Weapon) and can be transferred with a $5 stamp! A bit of bear defense in the woods? The SUPER-SHORTY is based on a Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 (at additional cost) 12-gauge shotgun that came from the factory with a pistol grip. The moment you add any stock, folding or otherwise, its an SBS. Itd also make it shorter overall since theres no need to make room for the action. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. If you own the Short Barreled Shotgun version of the Super Shorty, all standard stocks can be utilized. You may be able to get this item at your store today. The Serbu Super-Shorty is a compact, stockless, pump action shotgun chambered in 12-gauge (2 and 3"). But thats inflation for you. Yeah, if the NFA went away and I could pick one up and walk out the door with it, Id probably buy one tomorrow. Now, lets move to the other section of the article and find out some minor problems with the gun. If I had a task of making this perfect, Id ditch the pump and just make it double barrel (or triple or quadruple when barrels are this short the extra weight is not that big), so that you can unload it as fast as semi-auto. I believe in that case the AR becomes a shoulder stock for the S-S and youd need to register the S-S as an SBS. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Thanks! Buy a Serbu The SUPER-SHORTY is based on a Mossberg 500 12-gauge shotgun which came from the factory with a pis for sale by James Firearm on GunsAmerica.com the best online marketplace for buying and selling semi auto pistols, firearms, accessories, and collectibles : 956599098. Greetings from Post Falls, Jeremy! Hey guys, I've been wanting a Serbu super shorty for a while, but unfortunately in NJ there is no NFA dealer that wants to deal with the general public. So get this gun now and have pleasure while shooting. As used in this part, generally prohibited weapon means Thanks again. Why would I not buy an 870, for around $300 and then pay $200 tax stamp to turn it into an SBR? We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. Additionally, the overall length of this gun is 16.5, and it comes with a spring-locked foregrip, which can also be folded back when not in use and also has a 6.5 barrel. The SUPER-SHORTY is currently being used by various law enforcement agencies and military units worldwide, and has appeared in movies, TV shows and video games. Does it really take another five or six hundred bucks, added to the $500 price of the original gun, to make this into what we are seeing? The Serbu Super Shorty shotgun was designed by Mark Serbu in the 1990s but has recently seen a rise in popularity. We seek to expand general understanding of the laws collectively referred to as the National Firearms Act and their implications for gun owners and citizens of today. In a shootout, in a life-or-death struggle, how many rounds do you think you that you could shoot and reload, with an adversary within seven yards of you? But Im not aware of such a thing. The pattern on the Serbu probably opens up quicker than mine since it is a shorter barrel. Weight:4.5 to 6 lbs The SUPER-SHORTY is based on a Mossberg Cruiser 12-gauge shotgun which came from the factory with a pistol grip. The could have added another 3 to the barrel and tube to get the capacity up to 4 rounds. It hung up only once at the end of the shooting session which I chalk up to non-resized brass on my reloads in addition to a new shooter pulling the trigger. Ive always wanted one of these for shits-n-giggles. BTW Peter W, I live in California and my FFL07/SOT02 is right up the road, AOWs are one of the only California legal NFA items. Heres what this looks like: http://shockwavetechnologies.com/site/?page_id=88. The other option is to SBS it and put a . Gemtech SWR Knight's Armament SilencerCo Yankee Still would want another 3 added to the business end, giving you a true 3 round capacity. Not the SUPER-SHORTYs strong point, thanks only to the pistol grip. It isnt a pistol or revolver because of the smooth bore, so even if it was designed to be fired when held in one hand its going to qualify as an AOW. by the TIG process, and the manganese phosphate finish is MIL-spec. "SUPER-SHORTY 12-Gauge Mini-Shotgun by Serbu Firearms, Inc", "Serbu Super Shorty Remigton 870 12 gauge", "BATFE National Firearms Handbook, Sections 2.1.1 (page 5) and 2.1.5 (bottom of page 7)", "Tampa man grows business making and selling firearms", "RIP Serbu Super Shorty, We Hardly Pumped You", SBSReview.Net: Super-Shorty Review & Videos, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Serbu_Super-Shorty&oldid=1148799456, This page was last edited on 8 April 2023, at 12:02. This extremely important feature assists in comfort and control. Mon thru Fri: The SHORTEST 12-gauge pump shotgun available. Besides the obvious advantage of being so compact in law enforcement or military urban room clearing operations, it can also be a useful backup tool in hunting situations such as when tracking wounded Black Bear. Connect with us on Facebookto get all our updates. Imagine, ( for example ) a 30 year house painter who didnt know about painting with air compressor ! Looking for information about holster for Serbu Super Shorty that David P mentioned on Aug 12, 2015. If you really wanted to you could probably order it with a stock instead, which would make it an SBS ($200 tax). I also make custom gun leather and if/when I get a SSS, I'll be making up either a belt holster or shoulder rig or both!! . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The But once you own it, it will be fun to take it out from your thigh holster and pump three rounds at an object like a movie hero. the SUPER-SHORTY is considered an AOW (Any Other Weapon) and can It is a brilliant weapon, but it has some problems too and some of them we have mentioned below. Looks like a tremendous amount of fun, and has some practical use as a home-defense gun. All you have to do is legally purchase this gun, and Tada, the weapon is all yours! Streamlight Insight Weapon Lights Leupold Nightforce Trijicon Blackhawk Ooh! You can getSerbu super shorty 12 gaugeon special order in the United States. While there are other short shotguns available, something that makes the Serbu Super Shorty stand apart from the others is the folding and locking front grip designed by Mark Serbu. . Low recoil buckshot is what I recommend to my customers. ORDER BY PHONE 800-917-7137 Was part of our CERT Team bag of goodies, issued unit with a full tactical package, very mobile, compact, has a sick recoil with standard ammo but not too bad with reduced ammo. Jul . VERY Heavy Scuba Webbing, plastic and the elastic along with hook and loop. Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. He lives outside of Austin, TX. Grips will be the popular replacement item, and there are plenty of options out there. Period. (I have a private range on my property so I dont worry about the gray area of what constitutes possession of letting someone else shoot it). The 2+1 configuration sports a 17.5" overall length and 6.5" barrel. When it comes to hitting flying clay targets like other guns, it is not qualified there either. Also, AUGrad, you may be overestimating just how short you can make the gun without modifying it like Serbu has. Even while shooting slugs, your wrist might hurt a bit. Cool, right? The 16.5" overall length, 6.5" barrel and spring-locked foregrip, which pivots out of the way when not in use, make for a very compact package. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. If you are in the middle of a mutant zombie apocalypse, then you wont survive if you have Serbu Super Shorty. on my favorite gun site. All welds are done by . Price: Remington 870 platform $799.00 Same safety, same trigger, same action lock at the front of the trigger guard, same loading gate, etc. On the fun front, its fun. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information. On the other hand, its going to be useless much past 10-15 yards other than with slugs, and without sights its going to be hard to hit with slugs at much range anyway. So it means whenever you take it out, it will become a hot topic of discussion. Yeah, if you check out basically any of my other gun reviews youll see Im almost always out in the woods, meaning various National Forest land NE of you. I emailed Serbu about just buying all the parts from them minus the receiver and they said no because they don't want "clones", so I've been trying to find the short shell tube they use and the folding VFG pump, but I'm starting to think they're proprietary to serbu. . Other customers may have experience with this product. HOME OF THE SERBU BFG-50A. I own a slightly different AOW, also Rem 870-based with a 12 barrel. The gun holds two 2-3/4" or 3" shells in the magazine, plus one in the chamber. If anyone has anywhere to buy the shorter parts could you point me in the right direction? As an alternate method, you can send an email to [email protected]. If a product is shown as "In Stock," it is on-site in our inventory and ready for shipment or ATF transfer. Well, the best part of this gun is its design. All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued. You could make it as an AOW and avoid the SBS tax stamp. Saw a Super Shorty barrel at a gun show that the seller says came from a police demill. It will be your fun partner in the day and become a home defense weapon at night. It was black powder so was not a firearm. Once again, they were kind enough to give me a little alone time in their south bay for some shooting (gun) and shooting (camera). Because of this, The shotgun features a spring-loaded, folding foregrip. There was an incident of it ejecting the empty shelland the live one on deck, which I think was due to me rolling the gun onto its side too much while cycling the action back. He carries it when he expects trouble, like coming to a woods cabin after long time (with possibility of finding someone inside). - Yankee Hill The Remington conversion takes considerably longer time to modify and shorten than those built on the Mossberg/Maverick platform because of the design of the magazine tube. The SUPER-SHORTY is based on a Mossberg Maverick (also available on Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 at additional cost) 12-gauge shotgun which came from the factory with a pistol grip. Shotgun. Act of 1968 (Public Law 90-618), as amended, and the regulations Id suggest emailing or calling Serbu. [7] The Super-Shorty has been sold to various foreign customers, including the King of Jordan, Abdullah II. Dont know if its ridged, collapsible, or folding. It costs over $1,000. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. I can attest to the shittiness of that pistol grip. Birdshot was fine. We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns. Looks like a fair bit of gunsmithing (welding) and the like went into it to stuff so much in a small package to be sure. This thing does not qualify as an SBS in at least some of them (Washington, for one), because it didnt start its life with a stock, and hence is not considered a shotgun to begin with. Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. You must be thinking why them? Im really not sure if most people buy these just for screwing around and having fun or if its for more practical purposes, but I do know that the S-S is capable of filling both roles. I think thats key to why these arent classified as short-barreled shotguns, but rather as AOWs. I live in Washington and Shorted Barreled Shotguns (SBS) are not legal here, but AOWs are. Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. not in our inventory with a written request on Department letterhead, please Serbu Super Shorty Remington 870 6.5", 12GA. Playing sweet Mauser music for Erin go bragh. Sharp Shooting is my indoor range of choice around here because Ive known the folks there for a long time and theyre top notch. Once Form 4s are available for 3-file, maybe itll get shorter. That looks like a good time. Theyve modified the action bars, magazine tube, and moredone some welding (bracket from barrel to support mag tube, action bar re-working and VFG)etc to get it this sort. Youd do so if your state outright bans SBS, but doesnt ban this kind of AOW. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return. Visit our, You are leaving the Small Arms Review website and will be redirected to an external link in a, Chipotle Publishing, LLC 631 N. Stephanie St., No. 2022 Chipotle Publishing | All Rights Reserved. They have used a receiver that accepts Saiga mags to run 5-, 10-, or even 12-round removable magazines, but it isnt readily available for order on the Serbu website at this time. In the closed position the front grip of the Super Shorty takes up no more room than a standard forend. Content suggesting non-compliance or discouraging NFA ownership will not be tolerated.

Best Soulcycle Instructors Nyc, What Did Eileen Mcdonough Die Of, Vetassess Outcome Letter, Cheapest Way To Transfer From Kucoin To Coinbase, Articles S