stellarvue 82 degree eyepiece

For some reason, uncle Al seems to have a monopoly on 13-16mm compact 82s that perform well in fast scopes as the 16 UWAN was the weak link in that line as well, but I don't remember ever trying the 16, or scrutinizing the 15mm axiom LX vs the 14 Meade or ES. Cheers. All marketing. I think they are made by the same company that made other brands, Orion, Zhumell, SmartAstronomy, et al. Edited by 25585, 06 March 2023 - 09:04 AM. Cons: Very aberrated off-axis star images; slightly less than 82 field. Kunming UWA reskins. Pros: Lightest 100 with good eye relief. Bottom Line: Near-Ethos image quality for less money. But viewing with glasses on is still possible. Cons: Field less than others; eyecup height not easily adjustable. Seeing the outer 10 degrees in direct vision is not so easily done. 100 degree eyepieces are quite amazing but they are also very large and can be quite heavy. If I'm pleased with the SV 28, I may just go with SVs to complete a set, we'll see. Oh, barlowed the 15mm starts to show curvature around the 80-85% mark for my eye and the 4 and the 8mm the same since already barlowed. These are $65 or so.., Observing in Northern/Southern Michigan, USA, The NEAF Report from nPAE Precision Astro Engineering. Heres a low-cost zoom eyepiece that actually works well. But its the design and optical ease of a design that makes an eyepiece good for me. Observing while seated is a much better experience. Maybe Vic star tests these though! This is the largest and heaviest of the 1.25-inch eyepieces, with a mass of 400 grams. The Explore 100 comes a very close second to Tele Vue in sharpness, with stars sharp across 90 percent of the field and still well contained at the edge. Once you look through eyepieces with 82 apparent fields, all lesser eyepieces give the impression of looking down a tunnel. I'm hoping they will be sharp to the edge at f/7. Tele Vues Type 6 Naglers are small, light and tack sharp across the field, even on fast f-ratio telescopes. At least I think they are new because I can't find anything about these focal lengths, they currently have 4, 8, and 15mm available. I bought this and the 4.7mm on a whim when picking up an SV60. Another good example is the 50mm finderscope, from both WO and SV (I have both, mostly the same, both excellent). This is why some wide field EP's cost more, some, a lot more. EPs: ES 2 . Field Stop: 13.6 mm Number of Lens Elements & Groups: 7 elements Special Features: Tapered insert tube Comes with Dust Caps? eyepiece will limit observer significantly. Incredible clarity across the entire field of view. How are the new Orion SkyQuest dobsonians? The 4.5mm Morpheus is sharper than the Ethos SX, by a hair. On axis the field is nice but as you creep out from the center the curvature becomes apparent. The 28mm UWAN does not appear to be available any longer, but here is an old CN article about the line. In eyepieces, models with the extreme apparent field of 100 rank at the top for performance - but also price! I purchased the 9mm to pair with the 20mm Optimus for my Stellarvue SVX125D refractor. Im hoping these will perform similarly. Looks like at this time they are all available. Pros: Good off-axis sharpness and eye relief, but . There was nothing wrong with them. Guess I never answered the OP's real question here - favorite FOV, lol. Introducing the new Stellarvue Ultra Wide Angle eyepiece series. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. Call us at: 530 823 7796 Open Mon-Fri 9-5 Pacific Time, 4.0 mm 1.25" Ultrawide angle eyepiece with 82 degree apparent field of view(, 1.25" Ultrawide angle eyepiece with 82 degree, Our EUW eyepieces are now loaded into AstronomyTools database and application. But it just matters on if you need the eye relief or not, the AT UWA 28 would be great as well if not wearing glasses. Anything is possible. 8 & 10 Ethos has a bit more light transmission, but this EP is a fraction of the cost , and well worth it! We all have different preferences for eyepieces. Its smaller, lighter, and cheaper than the bigger ASIAir Plus astrophoto computer, but is it as good? However, the Omegon and Meade both have apparent fields closer to 90 as I measured it. The only cons I've noticed is that they are big and heavy and change the balance point for my small scope+cheap mount and like any other optical system they have to cool down to ambient temp to get the best view (which takes a few minutes). Report back witn with your thoughts when you get a chance. Accessories, Astrophotography gear, Reviews. Anyone know who makes the StellarVue Planetary eyepieces? The only downside is that it's a bit bulky. The 16 and 7mm looked diffierent than these didn't they? At 580 grams, it is the heaviest of the 82 set. He sells a 4.9mm and a 6.1mm, I also have his 2.9mm which seems to have been dropped from the lineup. Cons: Short eye relief and non-adjustable eyecup. Are these made by United Optical? Even if they arent perfectly sharp to the absolute edge Im sure theyll be fine for most of the usable viewing range which should be good. There has always been a good OEM behind WO and SV, but the winner is the consumer, who quite frankly doesn't care because the consumer can't buy directly from the OEM. This grade conversion formula, together with your degree program's Academic and Examination Regulations (FPSO), is a tool to help your convert grades earned in countries other than Germany. I've had both and they are excellent (and same price)! The Stellarvue Ultrawide eyepiece set includes three eyepieces: 4.0 mm 1.25" Ultrawide angle eyepiece with 82 degree apparent field of view(click here for specifications), 8.0 mm 1.25" Ultrawide angle eyepiece with 82 degreeapparent field of view (click here for specifications), 15.0 mm 1.25" Ultrawide angle eyepiece with 82 degreeapparent field of view(click here for specifications). I have the WO versions of these and find them very good, indeed! For a lighter, lower-cost alternative, and for 1.25-inch focusers, you might wish to consider an 82 eyepiece. Of the lower-cost 82 models, this was a good choice overall for both optics and mechanics. At under $200 this eyepiece is a great way to get those wide views at a reasonable price. His website at www.amazingsky.com has galleries of his images, plus links to his product review blog posts, video tutorials, and ebooks on astrophotography. Bottom Line: A good ultra-wide eyepiece for the money. Orion sold them as did WO too. The 102 degree Nikon HWs are another good example. No. Alan Dyer is an astrophotographer and astronomy author based in Alberta, Canada. The grades represent the following assessments of the examination performances: Talent Development, Scholarships and Awards, Verification of Study Periods for Pension Insurance, Mission Statement and Teaching Constitution, TUM Center for Digital Leadership Development, Digital Programs of Executive and Professional Education, Office of the Senior Executive Vice President, TUMonline TUMs campus management portal, Academic and Examination Regulations (FPSO), resolution of the Kultusministerkonferenz, 1.01.5 very good: excellent performance, 1.62.5 good: performance well above average, 2.63,5 satisfactory: average performance, 3.64.0 sufficient: performance meets the standards in spite of deficiencies, from 4.1 fail: performance does not meet the standards because of substantial deficiencies. I tested these on f/6 apo refractors and f/5 to f/6 Newtonian reflectors, concentrating on comparing on-axis and off-axis sharpness. Introducing the new Stellarvue Ultra Wide Angle eyepiece series. Effect of barlows / field flatness for AT60ED solar imaging. The Stellarvue 82 and Meades new PWA provide good performance for a much lower price. This 2 inch eyepiece is our widest field in the 82 degree range. And the included velvety storage bag is very nice. Cons: Heavy and 2-inch only; shorter eye relief. Note the Meades middle-weight 638 gram mass and that both the Meade and Omegon are just for 2-inch focusers, requiring more costly 2-inch filters. I have never used any of the super mega ultra extra wide eyepieces. Eyepiece Field of View - Apparent: 82 Eyepiece Focal Length: 8 mm Eyepiece Eye Relief: 12 mm Eyepiece Series: Stellarvue Ultra Wide Angle Eyepiece Weight: 6.5 oz. I do most of my observing with 82 degree eyepieces. A 20mm eyepiece with a 100 field for only $300 seems too good to be true! At NEAF, I purchased the 16mm UWA from Stellarvue for $95. Will 1.25 inch eyepieces fit ES coma corrector? The new PWA has an improved design with a standard fold-up rubber eyecup and good eye relief. 70 is fine at low power, 78-85 fine at medium power, but I prefer 110 at high power. It is been known for a long time that the 7mm UWAN is closer to 8mm, so maybe the previously given field stop specifications have been misrepresented so that the focal length-FOV equation should add up on paper(?). (Cheaper products abound, but you never know what you'll get. Don, I know the FS size controls the AFOV, but I thought the F/L was inherent to the optical design? The ergonomics of them is quite nice to me, fit the hand very well allowing for a good grip on them. In my 80/480 refractor, I find even 50 degrees for "high" power to be quite good--e.g., Nagler 3-6 zoom. Don't dismiss buying a used EP out of the Classifieds section - I found two of mine there. Nice wide field. A great one-two punch when observing. HOW did the Stellarvue EPs work out???? I had the 15mm and it lasted 2 weeks in my case. Stellarvue 8mm UWA 82 degree eyepice that has never been used. This eyepiece is ideal for higher power work on planets and double stars since it is very sharp, contrasty and has a generous 82 degree field of view. I think you got a nice deal on those eyepieces and I bet they work just fine. Please note that this tool is only intended to provide a first orientation and the results are in no way binding. Explore Scientific 11 mm - 82 Argon Purged Waterproof 1.25" Eyepiece SKU: EXS-EPWP8211-01 Focal Length: 11 mm Apparent Field of View: 82 degrees Barrel Size: 1.25" Eye Relief: 15.6 mm Free shipping $229.99 In Stock Add to cart As low as $7.43/Month Apertura 9mm - 27mm Zoom Eyepiece SKU: APT-ZOOM927 Focal Length: 9mm - 27mm Cons: Slightly soft off-axis performance. In this complete system we include the large 28mm 2" wide field eyepiece for low power, the 8mm ultra-wide angle eyepiece for medium power, and for high power we provide the 4 mm ultra-wide angle eyepiece. Thanks. Here is a good listing of who actually makes applianceshttp://www.appliancehase/make.shtml. Mega gratz on your new scope NIckwin. That is unless it's purely coincidental that these appear to be the same as well-known OEM UWAs, and in fact Vic actually designed and manufactured every single one of them by hand using his automated CNC lathes, grinding and polishing equipment, and then triple tests them before shipping them to the user. You would recognize the names of the OEMs if I told you. Teasing me? Not quite so easy a question. I think these are the same that WO(?) Edited by timmbottoni, 03 November 2014 - 08:49 PM. #32 Times Higher Education Ranking. I've had a few of their scopes that are well made, and well corrected, but labeled as someone elses. What I dislike is decreasing the AFoV when increasing the magnification, the true field takes a double hit. Pros: Very comfortable eye relief; superb optics. They slap on the "15mm" on the side and everybody assumes it is actually 15mm, when it is really 14mm. I tested several eyepieces advertised as having 100 fields, all with focal lengths from 13mm to 15mm, a good sweet spot for any eyepiece on most telescopes, and encompassing the focal length of the original 13mm Nagler and Ethos models from Tele Vue. My conclusion from testing this 82 group was that the Explore Scientific came very close to matching the standard-setting premium Tele Vue Nagler, but at a lower price.

Who Killed Marie Monroe In Traces, Kani Salad Benefits, Articles S