who robbed ali in burlesque

CAM GIGANDET plays the club's bartender (and aspiring songwriter) who has Ali move in with him (platonically, he's engaged to someone else) after her place is robbed. Who are the actors in the movie Burlesque? When Ali isn't wowing crowds with her vocals, she's growing close to the bartender, Jack, played by Cam Gigandet. Drama/Musical: A young woman moves to Los Angeles and makes quite a splash at a financially troubled burlesque club run by a former dancer who serves as the protg's mentor. The "Beautiful" singer portrayed Ali,. But it takes luck and extraordinary talent for a star to shine to the point of dazzling the public. window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; Tess reminds Nikki of the latter's longstanding drinking problems and being there for her while "You threw up everything but your memories." About Ali, Nikki states, "I will not be upstaged by some chick with mutant lungs." What, I don't have a brain? Because she dreams of a career in show business, Ali (Christina Aguilera) leaves her small town for Los Angeles. Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Ali gets a job as a waitress at the club. PLOT: Ali (CHRISTINA AGUILERA) has had enough of Iowa and moves to Los Angeles where she hopes to find a job singing. " dude, that's a really crazy thing to do, GTFO of here. JULIANNE HOUGH plays another performer who ends up pregnant, thus allowing Ali to take her place. Who does Ali move in with, after her hotel room gets robbed? We see Jack and Ali lying on their sides in bed, facing opposite directions and talking while he runs his hand along her side and hip. In real life, this story generally does not end well but yeah, OK, follow your dreams, girl. Whats happening in this Burlesque movie clip?Ali and the Burlesque Lounge Troupe perform \"A Guy What Takes His Time\" on stage at the Burlesque.Click to Buy/Rent Burlesque on iTunes: https://apple.co/2BNHE2nWhats the Burlesque movie about? When Jack tells Ali she can use his phone to call a family member about her place being robbed, she states she has no family. Tess, a retired dancer and owner of the venue, struggles to keep the aging theater alive, facing all kinds of financial and artistic challenges. She was portrayed by Christina Aguilera. TENSE FAMILY SCENES She instantaneously gets a job at a flashy, exciting burlesque club, with wise owner Tess. We see Jack reaching for a towel out of the shower, but only finds lots of Ali's lingerie and such. Throughout the film, the burlesque dancers are seen in revealing attire (lots of cleavage, lots of leg, some partial bare butt and panty views, etc.) Background Ali Rose (Aguilera) moves to Los Angeles after she quits her bar job when her boss refuses to pay her. The "Dirrty" singer added that she channeled her lack of acting experience into the character. QUICK TAKE: During a musical number, Tess sings and pulls a female dancer's head to her crotch for a moment. "There, are you happy, I hope that's a good look for your big plans of passing out on a ratty couch.". Ali leaves Marcus, after discovering his plans to sell the burlesque for money. For those prone to visually induced motion sickness, there's handheld camera movement from time to time in the film. He then returns to his room only to reemerge again, apparently still nude, and he nuzzles on her neck before making out with her (standing, she's still clothed). Reviewed November 22, 2010 / Posted November 24, 2010 Plus, Jack's self-absorbed fiance Natalie and his roommate Ali fit this trope respectively. When Tess sarcastically asks her ex-husband if he also told Marcus she has a tattoo on her ass, this is actually a reference to her infamous visible tattoo shown in the see-through outfit Cher sported in her music video "If I Could Turn Back Time". They also do suggestive moves (bending over with their butts sticking out, sashaying, etc.) Jack has a tattoo, as does Sean, Nikki and various minor and miscellaneous characters. Christina Aguilera as Alice Marilyn Ali Rose. After Ali gets the Burlesque job. Sean smokes at least 5 times, while Nikki smokes once. Her bottom then comes off, with more feathers covering that (although we see a full rear nude view, albeit mostly in shadows). There isnt one shred of originality to be found in Burlesque. "Because it's above your pay grade," "Get your ass back in my house," "Freaking," "Save your ass," "I haven't a G*ddamn clue," "Iced tea, my ass," "What the hell are you doing back here?" Aguilera said. Music(Scary/Tense) Feeling heartbroken and betrayed, Ali runs to Sean for support, who prompts her to go with Marcus after his phone call. We see a montage of Ali delivering drinks. In fact, Aguilera wrote three songs for the film:Express, Bound to You, and the finale songBurlesque (per Collider). Some of the songs heard during the musical numbers contain innuendo, while others including lines such as "It's just the bump and grind" and "Show a little more, show a little less." Jack and Ali start developing bad attitudes toward each other, some of that stemming from him from not being happy with her spending late night hours with Marcus. "They had to rewrite the character because I was just like, 'This girl doesnt have a lot of drive,'" she said at the time. Some girls may be enticed to dress and/or dance in ways similar to that of the dancers doing their burlesque numbers. I'm talking to you! As they discuss which teams he bats for, nobody considers "the purple team" and bisexuality is nonexistence In-Universe. We see Jack shirtless in bed, watching Ali putting on a stocking (with her leg propped up on the bed and her top or robe open in the front, but no breasts are seen). Vince is again upset with Tess for not agreeing to sell their place to Marcus. "When I fire your late ass," "You're just so damn beautiful," "In that case, screw your momma and stare away," "Dude," "Up yours," "I want that bitch out," "Did you also tell him I have a tattoo on my ass?" Part of the a360media Entertainment Group.Powered by WordPress VIP, Please note that this form cannot be used to reset your Google, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window). With a tip from bartender Jack (CAM GIGANDET), Ali goes in to see the club's owner, Tess (CHER), and manager, Sean (STANLEY TUCCI), but they're preoccupied not only with the current show, but also the club's finances. Patron Tequila product placement in several scenes. Bad attitudes are present, as is potentially imitative behavior, tense family material and thematic elements. In 2014, she made an appearance in Sam Smith's music video, I Know I'm Not the Only One. Some of the songs heard during the musical numbers contain innuendo, while others including lines such as "It's just the bump and grind" and "Show a little more, show a little less. They also do suggestive moves (bending over with their butts sticking out, sashaying, etc.) Things take a dramatic turn though when Ali's big voice makes her become the main attraction of the revue. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. Ali performs a song that includes a line about "What did you do for those pearls?" She overcame a lot. A song has several uses of "ass" in it, along with sexually related lyrics about "Get your ass up," "Show me how you burlesque" and "Sugar, sex, spice." The film stars Christina Aguilera as a Burlesque ingenue Ali, who gets a chance to be the star of a Sunset Strip Burlesque club owned by a woman named Tess, played by Cher. When Ali says she doesn't understand why the dancers can't also sing, Tess tells her that it's because it's above her pay grade (to understand). Some viewers may worry that Tess owes a lot of money by the end of the month and will lose the club if she can't get it. ", About Ali, Nikki states, "I will not be upstaged by some chick with mutant lungs.". Ali slaps her own clothed butt twice while doing sexy dance moves during an audition to become a dancer. Nikki is intoxicated while upset with being upstaged by Ali and complains about that to Tess out in the parking lot. Ali wears an off-the-shoulder top that's quite low-cut (but not enough to reveal her breast). Those dire straits are also on the mind of Tess' ex-husband, Vince (PETER GALLAGHER), who's still co-owner of Burlesque and wants to sell to local real estate developer Marcus (ERIC DANE). Hoping to make Ali look bad on stage, Nikki lies to the deejay to make him go see Tess and then pulls the music, thus leaving Ali and others on the stage not knowing what to do. I just learned what downstage and upstage is. By clicking Accept All, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. Many of the songs featured in Burlesque were actually covers, such as Mae West's A Guy What Takes His Time, and Etta James' Something's Got a Hold on Me. ", Molly Ringwald Turned Down 'Pretty Woman' Due To An Early Script's Ick Factor, Jennifer Aniston Reveals The One Sequel She Would *Never* Do, Rachel McAdams Would Be Part Of 'Mean Girls: The Musical' On This Condition, Toni Collette "Doesn't Regret" Turning Down This Classic Rom-Com, Get Even More From Bustle Sign Up For The Newsletter. When Ali refuses to come out of the rain and back into Jack's dry place, he goes out, picks her up, and carries her back in. This movie is from 2010. You have shown that you can dance, and you know we are not really so much brother and sister as to make it improper," to which Mr. Knightley replies "Brother and sister! Alcohol/Drugs About a newspaper story about the club and Ali, Nikki sarcastically says, "The only thing major is Coco's ass." New Orleans Bump. It's Burlesque, and, apart from marking Christina Aguilera's acting debut, it's a sparkly star-studded film that features everyone from Cher to Kristen Bell to Stanley Tucci. A large painting on the stage shows classic nudity, including that of full frontal of a woman (no genitals, but very obvious breasts). By subscribing to this BDG newsletter, you agree to our. His body robbed him of his mobility. even though Tess admits that they have access to far better dancers, Ali puts all her heart into dancing and is clearly loving being on stage despite her lack of technique, even letting Nicki back in after she really deserved to be kicked to the curb with a very sharp-toed boot, at one point one of the girls gets married and the rest of the girls are her bridesmaids, her motel room is robbed including all her money. See that category for additional information. Disrespectful/Bad Attitude The Good Place alum portrayed Nikki, a performer who strikes up an ongoing rivalry with Ali. Little by little, the young woman discovered the life of this small world. He then walks out and we see his full rear nudity, while Ali apparently sees more and is tickled by this. You'd think that the film, with it's rich Devil Wears Prada-meets-Coyote Ugly undertones would be a smash hit, and it would if it wasn't so cheesy at times. Cameron Joslin Gigandet August 16, 1982 Tacoma, Washington, U.S. For those concerned with bright flashes of light on the screen, there's some of that from camera flashes, and then there are full strobe effects during a dance number later in the film. Ali Rose : H-hold on a second, I can do this! Jack returns home and catches a glimpse of Ali in her bra and panties, trying on clothes. Meanwhile, the life of Ali, a small-town girl from Iowa, is about to change dramatically. Georgia does a solo dance number in her bra, panties and garters, and is then joined by other similarly dressed dancers, including a late Nikki who takes over for Georgia (and has large bits of material on the top of her bra where her nipples would be. It's a passion, and emotion, and a fashion, and a moderately amusing 2010 movie. JUMP SCENES Ali wears a low-cut top that shows cleavage. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. BLOOD/GORE One night, she hears music coming from a burlesque club, where Tess ( Cher) and the dancers perform Welcome to Burlesque. Mad at Tess (and Ali), Nikki states that she slept with Vince (Tess' now ex-husband) the night after their honeymoon. Jack drinks and when Ali asks him about that, he says he's maybe liberated but definitely libated. She unknowingly walks into a burlesque club run by Tess (Cher), which is facing financial hardship despite its talented group of dancers. In order to view the gallery, please allow Manage Cookies. Everyone is imp. About Ali, Nikki states, "I want that bitch out." None Some innuendo and sexually related lyrics occur in some songs. Minor When Ali says she doesn't understand why the dancers can't also sing, Tess tells her that it's because it's above her pay grade (to understand). Then read OUR TAKE of this film. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. The film follows Ali played by Aguilera a small-town girl who finds her big break performing at a Burlesque Lounge. Meanwhile, new waitress Ali is a small-town girl who's just moved to L.A. to fulfill her dreams of becoming a star. Show me how you burlesque! Because she's never watched Coyote Ugly or Gone Girl or the other 9000 films that are like this. However, despite the cast and the musical elements, Aguilera was reluctant to take the role of Ali because she wanted there to be more to her character, which she shared in an interview with Collider in November 2010. since the skyscraper would obstruct the view from his condos. SEX/NUDITY Ali Rose (Aguilera) moves toLos Angelesafter she quits herbarjob when her boss refuses to pay her. Ali wears a revealing leather outfit during a number. Profanity consists of at least 1 "f" word, while other expletives and colorful phrases are also uttered. I put that energy into how I really was feeling, approaching acting in the first place, which was wide-eyed and as a newcomer, who was open and vulnerable to everyones opinions and ideas, and ready to learn.. Jack denies this, and while trying to fix things, he asks Ali to leave. Christina is a well-known American singer, songwriter, actress, and television personality. (2010) (Christina Aguilera, Cher) (PG-13) Tess, a retired dancer and owner of the venue, struggles to keep the aging theater alive, facing all kinds of financial and artistic challenges. She then throws back both feather sets, revealing foreground objects that cover (but also represent) her breasts and crotch. gtag('config', 'G-6VYSQ581R3'); With a tip from bartender Jack (CAM GIGANDET), Ali goes in to see the club's owner, Tess (CHER), and manager, Sean (STANLEY TUCCI), but they're preoccupied not only with the current show, but also the club's finances. By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions. Ali shows cleavage. Should you still be concerned about the film's appropriateness for yourself or anyone else in your home, you may want to look more closely at our detailed listings for more specific information regarding the film's content. PROFANITY Ali goes to deliver two drinks to Nikki, but Tess grabs and downs one of them. When Sean tells Jack he should act on how he seemingly feels about Ali, Jack replies that it's ironic getting relationship advice from "Mister one-night stand himself." Meanwhile, if I were him, I'd be angry that I only owned one towel. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. You've heard this story before: Small town Iowa girl Ali goes to LA dreaming of musical stardom. With Nikki jealous of Ali stealing her limelight, and Tess trying to figure out how best to capitalize on the young woman's talents, Ali starts to become a big sensation, but must decide who and what's best for her and her career. The Easy A actor played snarky stage manager Sean, who is best friends with Tess. For those prone to visually induced motion sickness, there's handheld camera movement from time to time in the film. When Jack tells Ali she can use his phone to call a family member about her place being robbed, she states she has no family. The film follows Ali as she fights her way from the bar to the stage while juggling a love triangle between sensitive bartender Jack (Cam Gigandet) and wealthy real estate developer Marcus (Eric Dane). He then says goodnight to Ali and goes into his bedroom. Ali returns to her apartment to find it's been ransacked and her money stolen. If you can help us with this wiki please sign up and help us! I want someone with more bite and more passion for what she wants in life.' She not only sings and dances in the movie, she also had a hand in writing three original songs. Nikki is apparently an alcoholic, who shows up late for work and has an attitude about that and most everything else. People have drinks at a wedding reception. WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT? Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available from [email protected]. She finds Tess (played by Cher) and the dancers performing Welcome to Burlesque and decides to pursue a career on stage once she meets Jack (Gigandet). We see Jack and Ali lying on their sides in bed, facing opposite directions and talking while he runs his hand along her side and hip. He wants her to sell to Marcus, but she refuses. PETER GALLAGHER plays Tess' ex-husband who's solely focused on and quite nervous about the club's financial problems and wants to sell to Marcus. He then comes out, shirtless, saying he needs some water as he doesn't want a hangover. Ali hits Jack's lamp with her pillow while angry. She then drinks a shot with him. She will make friends and enemies, and by dint of perseverance, will manage to get closer to her dream. Nikki orders a drink from Ali, mistaking her for a waitress. Some girls may be enticed to dress and/or dance in ways similar to that of the dancers doing their burlesque numbers. Burlesque is all about satire, striptease and the women who bring them together. When someone makes the comment, "It just happens," Georgia (who's pregnant) says she knows how it feels, saying she has to pee again. If they're fans of movie musicals or anyone in the cast, it's a good bet they probably will. How do you calculate working capital for a construction company? Jack drinks and when Ali asks him about that, he says he's maybe liberated but definitely libated. followed by "I'm a good girl" and includes her suggestively bending over during the number, while others are scantily clad and doing sexy moves as well. Tess tells a dancer that if something happens during a performance to make sure her "boobs" are up. She drinks some and uses profanity. Tess wants no part of that, but doesn't see any way of making enough money to pay off their bills. Nikki wears a revealing, lacey outfit, with the camera focusing on her body, while three other performers are dressed as scantily clad nurses (lots of bare butt cheeks). Tess states that her mom had a body that could stop a truck. We see lots of cleavage and bare midriffs during a montage of Ali and others practicing. Clockwise, from the top left: Christina Aguilera, Cher, Kristen Bell, and Stanley Tucci. Backed by newfound friends amongst the theater's crew, she manages to fulfill her dreams of being on stage herself. I'm old but I'm still pretty on top of everything." When she discovers the spectacular revue of the Burlesque Lounge, a cabaret that was once the reference, the young woman is immediately fascinated. She overcame a lot. We see a montage of Ali delivering drinks. When he stumbles over words, she says "Jack, we're friends for Christ's sake. CHRISTINA AGUILERA plays a young woman who moves from Iowa to Los Angeles in hopes of landing a singing job. With the Lounge's troupe members becoming increasingly distracted by personal problems and a threat coming from a wealthy businessman's quest to buy the spot from Tess, the good fortune seems to have abandoned the club altogether. Ali shows cleavage while lying in bed. And so, they rewrote it.". Ali wears a revealing leather outfit during a number. Sean states that his nickname for Nikki is "slut." We then see him in just a towel as he talks to her. Instead, he gets one as a waitress and then eventually as a dancer at a burlesque style club where she lip-synchs and does risqu dance moves in revealing attire. Tess tells Ali to push up her "boobs," telling her she has them so she should work them. The Dirrty singer added that she channeled her lack of acting experience into the character. Jack pours drinks for Ali and himself (after her place has been robbed).

Janet Jackson And Jermaine Dupri 2021, Articles W