why is my wordle different to others?

Tecno Phantom V Fold in Pics: First look at the most affordable foldable smartphone in India. You will be on The New York Times version of the game when the Wordle heading font has been replaced with the typical Times game font. Select the "Log In or Create a Free Account" button. Changes to Wordle's word list by the NYT were spotted last week by a number of sources, including BoingBoing. You'll definitely have seen it if you spend any time on Twitter, where people share the distinctive grid of yellow and green squares representing today's Wordle answer, and their success (or otherwise) in guessing it. For some Wordle players, this morning they were greeted with the word 'shine' as the answer to the puzzle, but for others, they were challenged to solve the Wordle answer 'fetus.'. So what was the Wordle answer for 9 May? By clicking Sign up you confirm that your data has been entered correctly and you have read and agree to our Terms of use, Cookie policy and Privacy notice. Or, if you are on laptop, you can simply press Ctrl+F5. tapping into the ether. Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is totally worth the price for my family. @nytimes THIS ISN'T FUNNY ANYMORE. Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated 4/4/2023), Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement, and Your Privacy Choices and Rights (updated 1/26/2023). But, as some users have found, if youve had a Wordle tab open since before The New York Times bought the game, you wont be auto-directed. Dordle combines two Wordles, but your guess counts for both of them, so it . My wife gets SHINE and I get FETUS #Wordle324 #wordle," said one annoyed player who felt the word 'fetus' was tricker to solve. Among the words the company removed is "agora," which, spoiler alert, was . This happened as Wordle is a browser-based game and if a user has not updated their browser, they will not get the newer version of the puzzle. Only 90 people were playing it as of November 1st, 2021. Thats how two solutions can exist at once. This is a migration happening over time as people play, Cohen said. This appears to be largely dependent on which site you used to play Wordle. Heres how to get it, Singer from Georgia captivates American Idol in top 12 show. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Woman & Home is part of Future plc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. Citadel just hit No. Get acquainted with upcoming games while also receiving in-depth information about evergreen ones. Wordle founder Josh Wardle on going viral and what comes next. My coworkers and I have a contest going and we share our results over Microsoft Teams. ", The NYT says that it switched the answer for as many players as possible, but that the fix would only apply if you had refreshed your browser recently. However, which one you see may well depend on whether you've . Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site. Most of us Wordle fans played on The New York Times page, but some of us are still playing the old version. 12. I test VPNs for Toms Guide and these are 3 must-have feature to look for, Today's Wordle hints and answer solution #681, Monday, May 1, iOS 17 leak reveals big changes to Apple's apps and wallpapers. Since the Times acquisition of Wordle, the URL for the game has changed to nytimes.com/games/wordle from the original powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle. In that case, you could continue to play the old version of Wordle, reported CNN Business. (Caution: Spoilers ahead.) The NYT also shared a tip that can potentially stop this glitch from happening to users. 2023 Advance Local Media LLC. But, if thats the case, it was just a coincidence. Among the words the company removed is agora, which spoiler alert was Tuesdays word on the original version of Wordle. Here's why you might get different answers than your friends' when playing the word of the day game. Note that the full word list for Wordle is packed into a file in the code (dont look for it if you dont want the answers spoiled!). May 1, 2023, 5:55 AM PDT. Then switch on THIS mode on your iPhone now, iPhone tricks: STOP taking screenshots the boring way- Take it this way instead, Gmail users can send password-protected email! It Is Completely At The Discretion Of. Others, like my polite email critic, conflate the different approaches to suggest a contradiction (in his thinking: a focus on impact must distract from a focus on returns). King Charles has added even more icons from the world of entertainment to his Coronation. Paige, a Twitter user, wrote, I HAVE HAD A DIFFERENT WORDLE WORD THAN EVERYONE ELSE TWO DAYS IN A ROW. Created by Brooklyn software engineer Josh Wardle, the puzzle first launched in October 2021. Today's Wordle might have two different answers, depending on whether or not you've refreshed the site lately. Type in "nytimes". Future US, Inc. Full 7th Floor, 130 West 42nd Street, That meant the people who play Wordle daily leaving the games webpage open on their device werent getting the games updates. Wordle players across the globe were left baffled after a "major recent news event" prompted the people behind the game to change today's word. Wordle's stats are all messed up following the game's move to The New York Times. The last time this happened, people were originally given the word 'agora,' which was changed to the more common word 'aroma.'. Replay today's puzzle with the "correct" word. Enter your password to log in. Yes, Wordle has two answers for game #324 today, due to the New York Times deciding to swap one out in favor of an alternative. Recently, traffic to its website surged 11%, according to data tracker Similarweb. Heres why people are so obsessed with this viral daily game, What is the Locket app? For example, for the May 10 Wordle, NYT discovered . Given he's completed every single Wordle so far and only lost once, and analyzed every Wordle answer in search of patterns, he's well qualified to help you safeguard your streak. The newspaper announced it had bought Wordle, the daily word game that skyrocketed in popularity in recent months, for a jaw-dropping price in the low seven figures. It is completely at the discretion of New York Times. Dedicated players called out the change on social media. Each email has a link to unsubscribe. Privacy Policy. WTF? Some noted they had experienced this problem before, indicating the game as they knew it had changed. Before F*TUS was changed to SHINE, AGORA was changed to AROMA to make it easier to guess. 2 different #WORDLE words today. In other words, their version of the game was out of sync with others who loaded up Wordle in a new browser window. The word in this instance was FETUS, and given the circumstances in US around abortion laws, the word was deemed too controversial to be kept in the game, although the timing of the word appearing was purely coincidental. Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us You can opt-out at any time by signing in to your account to manage your preferences. When the popular puzzle game was purchased by the news media company in January for a low seven-figure sum, the deal came with promises that there would be no changes to Wordles gameplay after the move. It did it for me after that, I went to the powerlanguage URL, clicked it . And this is why the particular word might lead to widespread confusion and discussions worldwide. E is the most common vowel in Wordle, followed by A, O, I and then U . The most recent culprit in this was Wordle 324 on Monday, where players were greeted with one of the two different answers to the puzzle, creating confusion. Wordle 324 has confused fans with many questioning 'why is my wordle word different?' It was made for only his girlfriend because she loves solving word games. It appears that the reason behind removal of certain words has to do with certain connotations around the word or due to the word playing a role in real world conflicts. Whether you're a steak connoisseur or a novice cook, making mushroom steak sauce is easy with this step-by-step instructions. (For what its worth) Im doing the original which I still have cached in an open browser tab.. Samsung Galaxy A54 5G review: A perfect price fit! The word 'fetus' had originally been programmed as the wordle answer for May 9, 2022, but the New York Times attempted to reprogram the game and make the word 'shine' the answer of the day. -- The New York Times, which bought Wordle, has made a couple of changes to the game, including having just one solution per day. Here's why we have no regrets. For more information, please see our Puzzle panic: Fans say Wordle is 'broken' after two right answers on same day. But that appeared to no longer be true this week when a number of Wordle addicts discovered they were getting different solutions than others who were playing the same days puzzle. But I do have about 200 or so listed on a spreadsheet . When a stressor triggers anxiety, canine muscles become primed to act, causing them to twitch or shake. Avast One is 70% off for Tom's Guide readers in the UK, The best tech tutorials and in-depth reviews, Try a single issue or save on a subscription, Issues delivered straight to your door or device. This isnt the first time this is happening. The Wordle of the day is "broken.". Mushroom steak sauce is more than just a sauce - it's a scientific marvel that enhances the flavor of pan-fried steak like no other. However, which one you see may well depend on whether you've refreshed your browser recently. To solve the problem, you could try deleting cached files stored by the browser, you can typically do it from the browser's settings. Fortunately, this problem is an easy one to fix. GamerTweak is where passionate gamers like you will find everything they need to know about video games - new and old. On Wednesday, confused Wordle players took to Twitter wondering why there were seemingly two . We did not change the way Wordle works, said NYT spokesperson Jordan Cohen. When we attempted today's puzzle, the answer was 'stove . When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. The OLED iPad Pro could get an obscene price hike. This is a big action and it will impact other pages too so, you should be careful before using it. All Rights Reserved. How To Get Free PC Games Legally Best Download, 5 Best Mobile Horror Games For Android And iOS (2023), God of War Ragnarok Update 4.0 And 4.01 Patch Notes, God Of War Ragnarok Boss Order (Story, Favors, &, Helgrind Odins Raven Locations In God Of War, Bantam Melon Location In God Of War Ragnarok (Across, Roblox Sling Codes Wiki (May 2023) Free Luck, Hacker Tycoon Roblox Codes (May 2023) Free, Pancake Empire Tower Tycoon Codes (May 2023), Soul Cultivation Codes Wiki (May 2023) Are. And as we can see, it is being updated by New York Times to ensure that the millions of players have a consistent experience daily. Why is MS forcing me to delete my Wiki page? In the upper right will be a search field. We will continue to review the solutions, and remove obscure or potentially insensitive words, he added. WATCH LIVE The New York Times Games division attempted to explain the problem on Twitter. Laura loves drinking and eating and can often be found trying to get reservations at London's trendiest restaurants. The solutions to the original Wordle game were predetermined through October 20, 2027, due to the 2,315 solutions embedded in the games code. Wordle is a very simple game to play, but it has several features that have lifted it above the competition. However, this creates some difficulties for the New York Times, which bought Wordle for a sum in "the low seven figures" in January. You can also use a shortcut- press CTRL+F5 at . Think outside the box this Mothers Day and opt for gifts other than flowers and chocolate. Cookie Settings/Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Instead, the company told TechCrunch it did remove a few more obscure words from the game to make the puzzle more accessible. My answer today (#284) is definitely not the one posted today or yesterday. Wordle players were upset about losing their statistics when the game migrated to The New York Times. HARRY was changed to STOVE. Credit: Erik Kain. Although most Wordle players have been playing on The New York Times hosted site, at nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html, some people continue to play the game on its original powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Ever since NYT acquired Wordle on 31 January 2022, the words change sometimes because the original word could be outdated. Best gifts for the graduate with travel plans, Woman killed after ATV overturns near Kingsville, MO Senate OKs higher bar for constitutional changes, MO man sentenced in death of caged, dismembered woman, Mid-Continent Public Library trading food for fines, Very rare species found in Kansas river, MO judge to rule on strict trans health care limits, 16-year-old lives out dream at 2023 NFL Draft, One dead after crash near 71 Highway, Bannister, More from FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports, Scott teases major announcement for May 22, Former NFL player takes fans inside the NFL Draft, Where you can use expired Bed Bath & Beyond coupons, FOX4 Hy-Vee team of the week: Piper Girls Soccer, Harris preps for her biggest task yet: Biden 2024, Some could see northern lights again: Heres where, Two men charged for theft, burglary during NFL Draft, 3 men dead after overnight shootings near Wabash, BestReviews.com - Top gifts to make everyone happy this spring, Mothers Day inspo: This foot massager has 20,000, Drew Barrymores Walmart collection is perfect for, Best Mothers Day gifts for the budding plant mom, Best Mothers Day Gifts for moms obsessed with books, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. As per NYT, you wont get the outdated version if you have refreshed your browser window. Sign up for FOX4 email alerts to have breaking news sent to your inbox. 241 when some users had the solution agora and others got aroma., But as it turns out, The New York Times isnt changing how Wordle operates. Many people make this mistake and are waiting hours for a call back that will not come. Laura dabbles in lifestyle, royal, beauty, and fashion news, and loves to cover anything and everything to do with television and film. While this is a very real phenomenon, don't worry it has an easy fix and a valid reason. This is entirely unintentional and a coincidencetodays original answer was loaded into Wordle last year," explained the owners. If refreshing your browser does not work, clearing your cache might do the trick. One of the right answers on 9 May is closely linked to the ongoing speculation that the US Supreme Court may make abortion illegal. FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports, Wordle, a simple word game, is taking the Internet by storm. Ive seen a different solution for the one hosted on @nytimes and the one hosted on the original site. A new game is released every day, so everybody is playing the same one at the same time. Suppose you refresh your browser page or open that link in a new browser window. The Wordle answer was replaced with SHINE, however not everyone got the new answer. Some players were noticing they were ending up with a different Wordle-winning answer than others. as it looks like the game is providing different answers for different players. Ever since NYT acquired Wordle on 31 January 2022, the words change sometimes because the original word could be outdated. My coworkers and I have a contest going and we share our results over Microsoft Teams. This players experience was one others were having, too.

What Are 4 Objectives Of The Interrogation Process?, Articles W